Chris Evans | Gay Marriage | News

BigGayDeal.com

Chris Evans: 'We'll Be Ashamed' Gay Marriage Was an Issue

Chris_evans

Chris Evans is asked by Playboy about his gay brother Scott and whether he supports same-sex marriage:

"Are you kidding me? It’s insane that civil rights are being denied people in this day and age. It’s embarrassing, and it’s heartbreaking. It goes without saying that I’m completely in support of gay marriage. In 10 years we’ll be ashamed that this was an issue."

(image via Details)

Comments

1. whoah, look at those arms.

Posted by: Emmy | Apr 23, 2012 5:51:11 PM

2. the south will not rise again, the christian right will not reclaim america from the awful people who are (apparently) trying to take it away from the people who themselves stole it from the people who were here in the first place, and everyone alive today who thinks otherwise is in for a horrible, miserable future.

everyone else? the future's so bright, you're gonna need shades :)

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Apr 23, 2012 6:05:28 PM

3. And that is one of the most strong, direct and sincere responses in support of marriage equality, from a str8 ally, I've ever read. Love that he doesn't cage it in beat-around-the-bush correctness, he just calls it what it is: an embarrassment.

Thank you, Chris Evans!

Posted by: jim | Apr 23, 2012 6:10:18 PM

4. "Whoah, look at those arms."

Must I be so limited?

Posted by: TJ | Apr 23, 2012 6:27:26 PM

5. @TJ haha.. I've looked at every inch of the man and couldn't find one to complain about!

Posted by: sparks | Apr 23, 2012 6:47:02 PM

6. Please, show me a picture of Scott. Or, at least, give me his email address!

Posted by: kenzbeard | Apr 23, 2012 7:02:46 PM

7. Ah if the man had only one ounce of acting talent it would mean ever so much more. He is a joke.

Posted by: Kevin Thor | Apr 23, 2012 7:07:35 PM

8. KEVIN THOR - please go to your room. No supper. No dessert.

Posted by: TJ | Apr 23, 2012 7:43:59 PM

9. Yeah Kevin! But TJ, to be nice Kevin can at least watch a Paul Giamatti or Steve Buscemi movie while confined to his room. Wonderful actors.

Posted by: Bri | Apr 23, 2012 7:53:55 PM

10. BRI - I like the spirit, but if KEVIN THOR is to be properly punished, I don't think watching those actors perform would be fitting - I mean, those movies could be enjoyable. Perhaps we force him to watch a GIF of Steve Buscemi sneezing - now there's an image!

Posted by: TJ | Apr 23, 2012 8:08:29 PM

11. Most celebs/athletes/public figures you see vocally speaking for gay rights: white or hispanic.

Most celebs/athletes/public figures you see spewing homophobia:....take a guess what race.

Posted by: Keepin' it real | Apr 23, 2012 8:10:19 PM

12. Aww, the anti gay trolls are out today and they don't like the massive amount of support we're receiving. Sorry boo boo..gays own this sht. We take names, we're winning the culture war and we have fire in our eyes. Sit back and see how it's done, because LGBT always comes out as winners.

Posted by: IonMovies | Apr 23, 2012 8:12:09 PM

13. Great man, great actor, great career, and now that he supports us..I will support him.

I only support the careers of those who have outwardly expressed a pro gay stance. I don't have neither the time nor wasting my money on those who are indifferent or silent toward gay rights. Period.

Posted by: USC Trojan Fan | Apr 23, 2012 8:13:31 PM

14. Good for him! The fact that we don't have full equal rights in this day and age, and CNN can have a recent segment on "the rights of illegal immigrants" and how the rights granted to illegals can shape the presidential election is a complete, utter J-O-K-E. You've got millions of tax paying AMERICAN citizens you are denying rights to based on who they love, and you want to bring up how to benefit the rights of illegal immigrants? That's where this country is flawed and where every gay American should be up in arms.

Posted by: Steve-ATL | Apr 23, 2012 8:15:36 PM

15. @Steve-ATL

I agree 100% everytime I turn on a news segment and hear a story about how ou Presidential candidates need to pander to illegals for votes, I shake my head and think 'how about gay AMERICANS?' it's such a fascinating narrative that we're put below illegals in our plight toward equality. It's enough for me to roll up my sleeves and demand change.

Posted by: Dynex | Apr 23, 2012 8:17:16 PM

16. He's amazing and always has been. Every LGBT has to adopt this same form of passion.

Posted by: L.C | Apr 23, 2012 8:18:40 PM

17. Embarrassing is exactly the right word. It is like miscegenation laws. Total disgrace to the country.
    More and more str8s on the right side of history. It is inspiring. I no longer H8Str8s.

Posted by: NullNaught | Apr 23, 2012 8:28:19 PM

18. wisdom out of the mouths of male actors -- why is this such a difficult topic for politicians?

Posted by: David B. | Apr 23, 2012 8:35:05 PM

19. this guy is HOT. i don't waht anyone says, but manonman, come on down..........

Posted by: tinhouston | Apr 23, 2012 8:49:51 PM

20. Who doesn't want a brother like Chris?- who by the way is not only a fine looking male but a good actor.

Posted by: jaragon | Apr 23, 2012 8:58:04 PM

21. He a good actor, and he's dreamy. sigh

Posted by: datlaw214 | Apr 23, 2012 9:28:51 PM

22. Wow -- what a great, no bull, right to the point statement. I think I might be a little bit in love.

Posted by: kit | Apr 23, 2012 10:09:20 PM

23. I would so go gay for him.

Posted by: Michael | Apr 23, 2012 10:26:48 PM

24. What a great straightforward answer. He is beautiful.

Posted by: UFFDA | Apr 23, 2012 10:44:55 PM

25. Would Chris also "support" my desire to suck him off?

Posted by: Jase | Apr 23, 2012 11:24:22 PM