Glee | Music | Music Video | News

'Glee' Enters the Disco Era: VIDEOS

Disco_glee

Glee's inevitable disco episode is about to arrive and two full previews have hit the web.

Darren Criss engages in some toe-touching acrobatics in the Bee Gees hit "You Should Be Dancing", and Amber Riley takes control of an underlit classroom dancefloor in "Disco Inferno".

Check 'em out, AFTER THE JUMP...

2disco_glee

Comments

1. Damn, they are playing for the gay audience now, aren't they?

Posted by: Bart | Apr 13, 2012 4:13:46 PM

2. @BART... now? :-P

I'm still the only gay immune to the charms of Darren Cris (though I don't have any dislike for him, either) and that rendition, while fun, doesn't do anything for me. As a former cheerleader, all I can think of is "point your toes!" when he did the toe-touch, but perhaps the look was intended.

Amber Riley on the other hand...DAMN! Girl just blew the roof off of that tired (only because I've heard it so many times in the last 30 years) staple and gave it a fresh twist. I do think I'll be buying that one.

Episode looks like it will be fun if they can keep up the energy of these two numbers.

Posted by: LuckyLinden | Apr 13, 2012 4:58:14 PM

3. As someone that lived through the roughly ten glorious years when disco was king, I can assure you that a hell of a lot of straight people loved/love disco. In fact, I vividly remember playing the bass drum to "Disco Inferno" at a high school football game in central Oklahoma— it was a real crowd pleaser. Disco reminds me of that line about Barry Manilow— everybody likes it, they just don't want to admit it. It's still the backbone of a lot of music even today.

Posted by: Eric | Apr 13, 2012 6:23:11 PM

4. Be sure to click on the link to the Cooper Anderson audition video (with Matthew Bomer). Hilariously bad (and intentionally so.) Bomer has a good comic sense.

Posted by: Seattle Mike | Apr 13, 2012 6:34:54 PM

5. Okay, I am a Darren Criss fan. And, once again, I am impressed. That he can even keep up with Brittany (Heather Morris) and Mike (Harry Shum) is amazing. Heather is a professional dancer, who was a back-up dancer with Beyonce. Harry is also a professional dancer, who worked with Jennifer Lopez, among others. Darren is an actor, singer, and composer - and not really even a trained dancer. (By the way, he can play the piano, guitar, violin, and drums.)

And, oh yeah, really hot.

Posted by: gr8guyca | Apr 13, 2012 6:43:01 PM

6. This looks like it will be a fun episode. I too was impressed Darren Criss could keep up with the other two (he looks good in those jeans too), and Amber Riley nailed the other song. Fun!

Posted by: Davelandia | Apr 13, 2012 7:02:41 PM

7. Very impressive that Darren can keep up with the 2 pros.
    I have been a fan of Darren the moment he joined show.

Posted by: Charcus | Apr 13, 2012 7:05:29 PM

8. btw, is it just my feeling because I like him, or is Darren getting more and more attention on the show? Last week, the story line was about his brother and he had 3 songs. This week, he gets this number, which seems like it might have been done by Chris Colfer (Kurt).

No complaints, but it seems that Darren is becoming the real break-out star of the show. And, personally, I like him best when he can even make Disney song sound sexy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vkb5nbqPoE

Posted by: gr8guyca | Apr 13, 2012 8:55:14 PM

9. Amber Riley looks like she's lost weight in that 2nd clip.

Posted by: Grover Underwood | Apr 13, 2012 9:33:23 PM

10. I can not wait for this episode.

Posted by: Bobbyy | Apr 14, 2012 10:58:20 AM