Comments

1. LuckyLinden says

@BART… now? 😛

I’m still the only gay immune to the charms of Darren Cris (though I don’t have any dislike for him, either) and that rendition, while fun, doesn’t do anything for me. As a former cheerleader, all I can think of is “point your toes!” when he did the toe-touch, but perhaps the look was intended.

Amber Riley on the other hand…DAMN! Girl just blew the roof off of that tired (only because I’ve heard it so many times in the last 30 years) staple and gave it a fresh twist. I do think I’ll be buying that one.

Episode looks like it will be fun if they can keep up the energy of these two numbers.

2. Eric says

As someone that lived through the roughly ten glorious years when disco was king, I can assure you that a hell of a lot of straight people loved/love disco. In fact, I vividly remember playing the bass drum to “Disco Inferno” at a high school football game in central Oklahoma— it was a real crowd pleaser. Disco reminds me of that line about Barry Manilow— everybody likes it, they just don’t want to admit it. It’s still the backbone of a lot of music even today.

3. Seattle Mike says

Be sure to click on the link to the Cooper Anderson audition video (with Matthew Bomer). Hilariously bad (and intentionally so.) Bomer has a good comic sense.

4. gr8guyca says

Okay, I am a Darren Criss fan. And, once again, I am impressed. That he can even keep up with Brittany (Heather Morris) and Mike (Harry Shum) is amazing. Heather is a professional dancer, who was a back-up dancer with Beyonce. Harry is also a professional dancer, who worked with Jennifer Lopez, among others. Darren is an actor, singer, and composer – and not really even a trained dancer. (By the way, he can play the piano, guitar, violin, and drums.)

And, oh yeah, really hot.

5. Davelandia says

This looks like it will be a fun episode. I too was impressed Darren Criss could keep up with the other two (he looks good in those jeans too), and Amber Riley nailed the other song. Fun!

6. gr8guyca says

btw, is it just my feeling because I like him, or is Darren getting more and more attention on the show? Last week, the story line was about his brother and he had 3 songs. This week, he gets this number, which seems like it might have been done by Chris Colfer (Kurt).

No complaints, but it seems that Darren is becoming the real break-out star of the show. And, personally, I like him best when he can even make Disney song sound sexy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vkb5nbqPoE