Kit Harington | News

'Game of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Hates Wigs and Beards

Harington

Game of Thrones fans will be happy to know there's a big interview with Kit Harington, the 25-year-old Brit whose emo warrior character Jon Snow is becoming a pivotal player in this season of the series, at The Daily Beast. There's much to be said there about the show, but given the shot above, from a Men's Journal fashion spread featuring the bushy-maned, scruffy-faced Harington, one of his big dislikes may surprise you:

"I hate wigs. I absolutely hate wigs. I’m a bit like Peter Dinklage. Peter Dinklage said to David and Dan when he was offered the part—they were desperately trying to get him in—'I’ll do it as long as I don’t have to wear a wig or a beard. Put me in a wig or a beard, I’m not doing it.' That’s how I feel. I’m not doing it. I hate wigs. I hate them."

Kit Harington on ‘Game of Thrones,’ Fame, and Playing Emo Hero Jon Snow [daily beast]

Comments

1. I prefer Jamie Lannister.

Posted by: endo | Apr 10, 2012 9:17:47 AM

2. His lips drive me crazy.

I am surprised to learn Peter Dinklage is not wearing a wig in GoT. Whenever he is on screen, I can't take my eyes off all that hair.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Apr 10, 2012 9:30:45 AM

3. Have you watched the latest episode, Dastius? Tyrion's quips about Shae's "fish pie" were the best ones yet!

Posted by: endo | Apr 10, 2012 9:43:15 AM

4. Game of Thrones is an amazing show

@Endo

O.o A Lannister lover.......KILL HIM! :-P

"Winter is coming"

Posted by: say what | Apr 10, 2012 10:27:20 AM

5. Endo, I live in Mexico and saw the new GoT episode, but it was in Spanish, so a lot of it escaped me. I'll watch again and look for the "pay de pescado" quips.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Apr 10, 2012 10:52:12 AM

6. Oh Kit, would it kill to smile?

PS: love the show and the books. Really is the best show on television atm. So many fresh actors that will hopefully grow their careers from this.

Posted by: Sam | Apr 10, 2012 12:43:52 PM

7. It's like a gift from the baby Jesus.

Posted by: IAmSam | Apr 10, 2012 1:39:36 PM

8. Jon and Daenerys Targaryen are my favorite two characters from the show. I am sooo disappointed that he smokes, what the heck is up with that?

Posted by: EricD. | Apr 10, 2012 2:09:32 PM

9. ERICD

"Jon and Daenerys Targaryen..."

Hmmm don't want to spoil anything for ya if you aren't BUT are you hinting at a huge theory many readers have from reading the books?

:-)

Rhaegar Targaryen on the birth of his son Aegon " But there must be 3" :-P

Posted by: say what | Apr 10, 2012 2:43:44 PM

10. Mmm what a hottie he is! Reminds me of that season 1 Game of Thrones ep where Jon, Theon, and Robb are SHIRTLESS getting their haircuts at Winterfell! *drool*

Posted by: Mr. E | Apr 10, 2012 9:41:24 PM