Music | Scissor Sisters

Scissor Sisters Debut 'Only The Horses:' VIDEO

ScissorSistersHorses

Scissor Sisters released another video for a track from their forthcoming fourth album, Magic Hour.

Watch a video for the tune, "Only the Horses," AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Please!
    Enough with the Scissor Sisters coverage! It's too much! I can't take it!
    They are old hags!
    UGH!

Posted by: marc | Apr 19, 2012 11:45:11 AM

2. Thank you for this--a really cool video. And thank you for covering the Scissor Sisters--a great band with many openly gay members.

Posted by: db | Apr 19, 2012 11:58:59 AM

3. Such hate. They are awesome. The whole band has never looked better.

Posted by: Brig | Apr 19, 2012 12:01:35 PM

4. I like the SS but this song doesn't grab me and slow motion horses for the entire time is kinda boring.

Posted by: Ken | Apr 19, 2012 12:08:55 PM

5. Love them, like the song, but that video is a head scratcher...why bother?

Posted by: Jack | Apr 19, 2012 12:12:07 PM

6. LOVE the Scissor Sisters, and yes please the more coverage of them the better. Not sure wtf this video is supposed to mean or the song, but I still love them. I just wish there was more Scissors in it and Jake had a lot less clothes on.

Posted by: Gary A | Apr 19, 2012 12:19:36 PM

7. I've loved the scissor sisters for ever. I didn't care for their last album much, but I'm really digging this new song. I'm definitely looking forward to the new album.

Posted by: Jimi | Apr 19, 2012 1:13:44 PM

8. LOVE the Scissor Sisters!!! I love the song, video...meh, I see this being popular around the pool this summer.

And Marc, are you the same person that said Adele just screams and screams? What do you listen to? Josh Grobin?

Posted by: D.R.H. | Apr 19, 2012 1:28:18 PM

9. Heh! You know there is no sexy thing from the video if the screen cap doesn't have the most shirtless thing available.

Posted by: Fenrox | Apr 19, 2012 1:51:16 PM

10. I'll give it a "meh" and raise it by 5 points to a "Yeah, pretty good/ok" -- Pity they can't contain the more intelligent production of "invisible light", but at least it's not that Krystal Pepsi Shady Love debacle.

Posted by: jdawg | Apr 19, 2012 2:29:06 PM

11. Yes, the band seems to have spent about 5 minutes doing their part for the video, and the song is fairly inscrutable. But it's a catchy song, and Ana seems to have lost at least 20 pounds. They also seem to have lost one of their five members, which might explain the absence of personalities in the video.

But it truly is a shame not to see Jake jumping around half-naked.

Posted by: Paul R | Apr 19, 2012 4:36:17 PM

12. LOVE LOVE LOVE. And WTF. If you hate a group, why do you waste time going in a blog entry to watch their video and/or comment about the group. Freaking get a life people and stop being such bitter bitches.

Posted by: brian | Apr 19, 2012 5:42:44 PM

13. I can't help it. I love this song and this video. I'm not the biggest SS fan, but I really like the new direction they've taken. I'm sure they will continue to explore new and old sounds. I really think they are about the music and their fans. If you don't like there current stuff, don't give up on them, I'm sure they will produce music in the future you will like.

Posted by: Lazlo | Apr 19, 2012 7:31:39 PM

14. Handsome video. Jake should be forced to balance now with a nute full-frontal video!

Posted by: Esurb | Apr 20, 2012 12:55:09 PM

15. Hmmm, didn't like the song when I first heard it. But I love the video, which makes me like the song a bit more, funny how that works.
    Will they every capture the magic again, like they did on their first album? Here's hoping that 'Only the Horses' is not among the best of the new album.

Posted by: Dave | Apr 20, 2012 1:37:20 PM

16. Never have really thought too much of their videos but I love their music. And the song is growing on me. Actually, "Fire with Fire" took awhile to grow on me too and it's now one of my favorite song of their's. Can't wait for the album!

Posted by: Joe | Apr 20, 2012 5:02:22 PM

17. As a gay musician myself w/a rock edge, always great to see bands like The Scissor Sisters out there, loud and proud. Only The Horses is a step in the right direction, Looking forward to more!

Posted by: Richard Davia | May 17, 2012 11:28:07 AM

18. I appreciate the information and the effort you put into your site.

Posted by: Bulls Snapback | Jul 19, 2012 11:47:32 PM