Boston | Gay Pride | News

Gay Youth Chase Away Anti-Gay Protesters At Boston Pride Event

BostonYouthPride

A reader traveling through Boston this weekend sent in video of anti-gay haters being chased away from the city's Youth Pride festivities.

He writes, "The youth did a great job -- very careful not to get physical, but also understanding that this guy's "Repent or Perish" taunts deserved a response. Soon after I took these pics him and his buddy packed up and left, followed closely by a crowd of cheering youth."

I very much doubt I would have had the courage at their age.

Watch some video of the exchange AFTER THE JUMP… And check out some more pictures at unionstayshyn's Flickr and Union St's Twitter feed.

Comments

1. these guys always use the ultra-faggy picture of Jesus in their graphics. What's that about?

Posted by: Daniel Berry, NYC | May 21, 2012 8:43:48 AM

2. That protester needs to 'repent' for such a bad outfit & hair-don't... did he steal those glasses off an accountant from the 80's???

Posted by: Pete N SFO | May 21, 2012 9:26:59 AM

3. Daniel, that is what I was thinking. They never seem to get the irony of using that picture to condemn LGBT people.

Posted by: john patrick | May 21, 2012 10:24:07 AM

4. And thats how you do it boys and girls...fight fire with fire!...

Posted by: Alan Busters | May 21, 2012 10:39:32 AM

5. I was there and got this pic of another protester...

I was standing behind him with a sign that said in symbols, Peace, Love, Pride. Then below that 'God loves you!'. I had no idea why I was motivated to write about God... But once I saw the protester I knew. The youth responded awesomely. They're happy chanting drowned them out *completely*.

Posted by: HJ | May 21, 2012 10:48:13 AM

6. Do these types of *christians* think that Heaven is a pyramid scheme like Amway or something? They'll get a better parking place at Heaven's mall if they get the most people to join them. Glad my church doesn't think like that.

Posted by: gustav | May 21, 2012 11:17:28 AM

7. LOL - I was there for this.

Posted by: Monsieur V | May 21, 2012 11:43:09 AM

8. I love our youth. This gives me hope for the future.

Posted by: Stuff Queer People Need To Know | May 21, 2012 1:14:18 PM

9. It seems that people, particularly young people, are reaching the point where they're no longer willing to let the hateful hypocrites be the only voices that are heard.

The haters are slowly becoming the minority.

Posted by: DiatribesAndOvations | May 21, 2012 1:19:33 PM

10. Bravo to the youth at this event. They kept it non-physical, but they were still able to get their point across. That's how you deal with the haters.

Posted by: Kathryn Kramer | May 21, 2012 7:05:17 PM