Bullying | Education | News | Pennsylvania | Transgender

BigGayDeal.com

Pennsylvania High School Teacher Shows Video Mocking Gay Student and His Transgender Prom Date: VIDEO

Swank

Jared Swank, a senior high school student in Hanover, Pennsylvania, says he was mocked by a teacher who shared a video she took of Swank and his transgender prom date to other students, WNEP reports:

Swank, 18, said his senior prom over the weekend was a memorable one. The openly gay student at Hanover Area High School said he and his transgender female date enjoyed dancing the night away, but on Monday he said his prom experience took an ugly turn.

“I went to prom. One of the teachers took a video and put it on the whiteboard here at school and other students saw it and made comments,” added Swank.

Jared’ s mom said he has been bullied since eighth grade and this alleged incident was just another example.

“It hurt him, it hurt him. He was embarrassed, he was chastised. As a matter of fact, we just came from the gas station to get a drink before we got here and some of Hanover Area students yelled out the window, ‘(expletive).’ So that’s what it’s done. It’s antagonized more bullying,” said mother Dawn Mendygral.

The motivation behind the teacher's showing the video is unclear.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Video may take a short period to load.

Comments

1. I don't think her motivation was unclear at all.

Posted by: TampaZeke | May 15, 2012 1:48:14 PM

2. Just look at the guy. Do you seriously think he would not be ridiculed on a regular basis in the absence of a video? And how can you say the video was "mocking" if the teacher's motivation was unclear?

Look, if you look and act like a freak, you are going to be ridiculed, regardless of sexual orientation, and I personally am thoroughly sick and tired of such freaks trying to use their sexual orientation as an excuse for their freakish behavior and claim that their sexual orintation is the cause of their being ridiculed when it is really just because of their freakishness.

Posted by: Rick | May 15, 2012 1:53:59 PM

3. I want to know who the teacher is and I want their face plastered up on the white board so everyone can see what this disgusting human being looks like.

Posted by: Steve Pardue | May 15, 2012 1:56:45 PM

4. P.S. I think it would be hilarious if another gay student at the school would pin him down and cut that hair thing off the back of his head a la Mitt Romney, just to make the point that this is NOT about his sexual orientation.

Posted by: Rick | May 15, 2012 1:58:31 PM

5. Everyone ignore Rick. He's trolling as best he can but don't let him get to you.

Posted by: MateoM | May 15, 2012 2:01:13 PM

6. And I also hate women because I was forced to felch my mother. While Diana Ross records were playing. Which is why I hate blacks and divas, too.

Posted by: Rick | May 15, 2012 2:02:13 PM

7. Shut up, Mateom. I'm a real masculine man, and you freaks and fems are the reason I had to dress up in blackface drag for my dad. If you fems just acted like real men he'd have let me blow him while dressed as a real boy, which is all I ever wanted.

Posted by: Rick | May 15, 2012 2:05:43 PM

8. Rick, so it's OK to ridicule someone if you determine them to be "freakish" looking? Tell you what. Why don't you post your photo on here and let's see if anyone will determine that you look freakish, stupid, gay, redneck, or just plain ugly! I bet after about 5 or 6 comments you will have had enough.

Anyone can come up with an "excuse" to be hateful. Let's put the teachers face up on the white board so everyone can see just how much of an angel she looks like. . . . and call her out for her own ignorance.

People like you and the teacher need to step in other peoples shoes once in a while and get a reality check on just how ugly and hateful people like yourself can really be.

Posted by: Steve Pardue | May 15, 2012 2:06:03 PM

9. Mother Superior (Maggie Smith) is flabbergasted : "A person like that is not inconspicuous! A person like this is meant to stick out!!"

Posted by: MarkUs | May 15, 2012 2:08:11 PM

10. I am a real man and nobody can tell that I'm gay and if this freak just did what I do and pretended not to be gay then everything would be fine. It's because of freak fems that I shart every time I walk. That's why I'm on here every day - I can't walk. Because then I shart.

Posted by: Rick | May 15, 2012 2:09:22 PM

11. ^aaaand that one made the trolling clear as day.

Posted by: Wolf Sawyer | May 15, 2012 2:10:50 PM

12. Oh, sorry Rick. I didn't realize you were an abused child. I guess you were not mentally strong enough to cope with it. No wonder you are so messed up. Can you say serial killer?

Posted by: Steve Pardue | May 15, 2012 2:12:02 PM

13. No, you fem freaks need to stop acting like goddamn freaks. Just like blacks would be treated better if they wore makeup to look more white.

Posted by: Rick | May 15, 2012 2:12:33 PM

14. @Rick
    This is not an attak. I am reaching out to you. If your story is true, and I have no reason to believe it is not, then you are suffering from PTSD. You sound as angry as I used to be. You need to seek psychotherapy and medication. If you do not, you run the risk of ending up in jail or prison. That you are advocating someone assault this child frightens me. Please seek help.
    Also, don't vent here, because it is bad for you. You are being attacked for being mentally ill; it is upsetting to watch both sides.

Posted by: NullNaught | May 15, 2012 2:14:03 PM

15. The troll that impersonates Rick is really annoying. I don't always agree with Rick, but I welcome his opinion. There is room for different views.

Lets be honest. He would get ridiculed for that hairstyle regardless if he was gay or straight. Not that it's right, but you can't deny that fact.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | May 15, 2012 2:19:06 PM

16. @ Nullnaught

The last 4 posts by Rick are by the impersonator. Not the real Rick. It's pretty obvious.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | May 15, 2012 2:30:59 PM

17. Brian in Texas: you say that as though it's an inevitability. Maybe if this country out greater emphasis on treating others with respect, looking a certain way wouldn't guarantee you ridicule. Human beings aren't inherently cruel. They have to be taught that.

Posted by: MateoM | May 15, 2012 2:32:10 PM

18. Is it an exaggeration to say that a-holes need no motivation to act as a-holes?

Posted by: Roman Bolliger | May 15, 2012 2:35:45 PM

19. Is it an exaggeration to say that a-holes need no motivation to act as a-holes?

Posted by: Roman Bolliger | May 15, 2012 2:35:46 PM

20. Is it an exaggeration to say that a-holes need no motivation to act as a-holes?

Posted by: Roman Bolliger | May 15, 2012 2:35:47 PM

21. I meant "greater," not "out." Damn spell correct.

Also, Brian, the only opinions that Rick ever has are that non-masculine gays are a nuisance, that women are awful, and that people of color are suspect. I'm only willing to put up with contributers who are willing to deliberate. Rick only comes here to post his vitriol, and then ridicules those who disagree with his hate speech.

Posted by: MateoM | May 15, 2012 2:36:14 PM

22. @Mateom

I agree humans aren't inherently cruel, but in a high school setting you are dealing with kids from 14-18 yrs of age. These are not responsible thoughtful adults.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | May 15, 2012 2:41:00 PM

23. Brian: true. That being said, I was more condemning their parents and authority figures for instilling such a fear and hatred of difference in them.

Posted by: MateoM | May 15, 2012 2:45:11 PM

24. Guys, Rick's a very sad creature. He seems to have no love or joy in his life. He just want to make everyone around him feel as bad as he does. It's pathetic. He's literally incapable of reconciling the sources of his suffering. He's a deluded, self-loathing person. Just ignore him. He'll have to face his demons someday. Don't feed his addiction to misery.

Posted by: MateoM | May 15, 2012 2:49:24 PM

25. Wow, @rick sounds like my grandfather. Ridicule someone is different. Romney had the same attitude and he ended up assaulting a student with his posse by forcibly cutting the boys hair. Maybe @rick would rather condone the same behavior?

Posted by: Dale | May 15, 2012 2:53:57 PM