Kristen Wiig | Saturday Night Live

Kristen Wiig's Teary SNL Farewell: VIDEO

WiigJagger

Kristen Wiig last night bid farewell to Saturday Night Live, after seven years of Kat, Penelope, Dooneese, Mindy, Gilly, Sue, and Target Lady. It was a teary farewell, emceed by Mick Jagger, who showed up to host the season finale. Watch AFTER THE JUMP ...

Comments

1. On to bigger and better things.

Posted by: Sean | May 20, 2012 12:55:43 PM

2. We're gonna miss you more than words can say, Kristin, but I know we'll be seeing you soon in more brilliant, unforgettable personae.

Posted by: Onnyjay | May 20, 2012 1:01:57 PM

3. That was *so* sweet. What a lucky girl!

Posted by: peterparker | May 20, 2012 1:54:14 PM

4. So only Kristin is leaving? Recall rumors that Adam Samberg and Jason Sudeikis were leaving, too. Oh well ... Kristen has great talent, and I look forward to seeing her in some strong silver screen roles.

BTW, is she pregnant? With whose baby? (or was that just an ill-fitting dress)

Posted by: Mark | May 20, 2012 2:21:33 PM

5. SNL? Yawn.

Posted by: Dearcomrade | May 20, 2012 3:15:19 PM

6. I know it'd probably be a disaster, but I would be among the first in line to watch a Denise movie.

PS Every time I see Jon Hamm, I am more attracted. Yum.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | May 20, 2012 4:44:31 PM

7. I was teary-eyed myself. There was obviously so much love between the cast members.

Good on ya, girl. Congrats & can't wait for whatever's next.

Posted by: Pete N SFO | May 20, 2012 5:03:18 PM

8. What I love most about this is that (suuuper cute) Jason Sudeikis, who came in with Kirsten, is too sad to fool around. He's totally holding back tears the whole time. They were so close. Awww!!

Posted by: L'Herb | May 20, 2012 5:10:49 PM

9. That closing made me cry. I'll miss her.

Posted by: Paul R | May 20, 2012 5:29:54 PM

10. NOOOOO! Kristen is my fave :( It's for the best though. She'll move on to bigger things. Going to miss her on SNL :(

Posted by: daws | May 20, 2012 11:19:08 PM

11. She seemed to have one really annoying character she played in all her roles. Won't miss it.

Posted by: Essen Ell | May 21, 2012 12:59:00 AM

12. Kristin Wiig (and Bill Hader) are the only reasons I ever watched the show. Hope they find some new talent - and I'm sure they will. Some big shoes to fill (no offense about the huge feet implication).

Posted by: tom1842 | May 21, 2012 1:07:25 AM

13. Mmmmmm......Jason Sudeikis.....mmmmmm.

Nice to hear those two Stones songs.

Posted by: Henry Holland | May 21, 2012 10:24:32 AM

14. From the Soaking Wet Killer to the Jagger Graduation Sendoff... she brought a finesse to SNL that hasn't been seen since the Ferrell days with Molly, Ana, Cheri, Nancy... But Kristen had a treasure trove of characters along with dead on impressions - and she was flawless in all her delivery. She is also one of - if not 'the only' cast member (female, anyway) to become a superstar while on the show. She was huge and will only become bigger. A true loss to the show who finds their current longest lasting female cast member in... Abby Elliott??? If they only gave her material to work with... but Wiig leaves a gaping hole. One of the best and bittersweetest moments in SNL history.

Posted by: SNLer | May 21, 2012 2:09:12 PM

15. Kristen is a beautiful woman with a gorgeous body and equally gorgeous voice. But lately I've found her becoming stereotyped and repetitive, and so I'm not sad to see her depart.

Posted by: Fred | Jun 24, 2012 1:17:37 AM