Lip Dub | News

'Marry You' Live Lip Dub Proposal: VIDEO

Proposal

If bachelorette parties are being banned from gay bars, should heterosexual wedding proposals be banned from gay-themed blogs? Not today. Particularly when they're this touching and smile-worthy.

If you haven't seen Isaac's live lip dub proposal to his girlfriend (as 7 million already have), check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Ok, so I cried. Sue me.

Posted by: ChicagoRick | May 30, 2012 7:46:25 AM

2. What Rick said!

Posted by: Brian | May 30, 2012 8:10:58 AM

3. Did anyone not cry? =:p

Posted by: JShep | May 30, 2012 8:20:26 AM

4. Love watching videos like this. Proves I'm not as cynical as I think I am. Yep, I cried.

Posted by: Jeff in Brooklyn | May 30, 2012 8:29:54 AM

5. wow. how could you NOT cry..?

Posted by: DannyEastVillage | May 30, 2012 8:33:55 AM

6. total tears

Posted by: Dan Boeye | May 30, 2012 8:45:38 AM

7. Tangential to the topic, but when did "lip synch" morph into "lip dub"? And why?

Posted by: NaughtyLola | May 30, 2012 8:54:42 AM

8. @naughtylola As I understand, a lip dub is a specific form of lip synching involving a mob's worth of participants, borderline-irrational amounts of exuberance, and a single take where the camera moves a significant distance.

What the word "dub" has to do with this distinction is beyond me, but I've never seen something self-described as a lip dub that doesn't fit those criteria.

Posted by: Revieloutionne | May 30, 2012 10:01:46 AM

9. I love this. The reaction almost everyone has to this proposal shows just why the marriage debate is so important. Simply because we are gay doesn't mean we've somehow been immune to a lifetimes worth of social and cultural imprinting involving marriage. It's as much a part of our childhood, families, experiences, culture, dreams and desires, movies, music, literature, etc. as heterosexuals. Being gay doesn't negate that we have been brought up to dream the same way as everyone else.

The gut reaction to this video proves why marriage is so important and why civil unions are so far from equal.

Posted by: Michaelandfred | May 30, 2012 10:02:10 AM

10. I've sung in Chicago Gay Men's Chorus since 1992 and I know how difficult it is to get a bunch of non-professional singers and dancers to do a production number under the best of circumstances. I can only imagine the amount of work that went into this. I'm wondering if the groom to be and his friends are professional performers....?

Posted by: Gary | May 30, 2012 10:34:18 AM

11. Videos like this from people like this is why I LOVE calling Portland, Oregon my home...

Posted by: pdxblueyes | May 30, 2012 10:47:08 AM

12. pdxblueyes -- How can that be Portland? It's not raining.

Posted by: PaulR | May 30, 2012 11:50:30 AM