Charles Worley | Evangelical Christians | Evangelicals | News | North Carolina

BigGayDeal.com

Members of Pastor Worley's Church Back His Call to Kill Gays: VIDEO

Sms

WCNC spoke to a few members of Pastor Charles Worley's Providence Road Baptist Church, asking them if they backed Worley's sermon advocating the imprisonment and killing of gays and lesbians within an electricified fence.

Said church member Geneva Sims: “He had every right to say what he said about putting them in a pen and giving them food. The Bible says they are worthy of death. He is preaching God’s word.”

Another, Stacey Pritchard, agreed: “Sometimes you’ve got to be scared straight. He is trying to save those people from Hell.”

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. And these "Christians" think WE are the ones going to Hell (and they're going to be rewarded by going to Heaven)? Sick, sick, sick.

Posted by: HadenoughBS | May 22, 2012 8:50:32 PM

2. Inbreeding causes mental shortfalls.

Posted by: Bart | May 22, 2012 8:51:43 PM

3. I must have missed the part of the bible where Jesus said "kill everyone who's different from you"

Posted by: Jmac | May 22, 2012 8:52:26 PM

4. Pretty sure the entirety of Leviticus is actually focusing on mass animal sacrifice...

I.E., it was a priestly document detailing how to conduct peace and atonement offerings to YHWH- and also served as instruction manual so priests(Levites) could understand how to conduct those rituals.

But, most people remember it for gays and shellfish. Its amazing the history and theology the Bible is actually chronicling, what if you read and understand it.

Filthy degenerates.

Posted by: Cecilfirefox | May 22, 2012 8:53:00 PM

5. These radicals are the one that will turn the moderates to the side of equality for all. It still makes me gasp at the pure hatred these "god fearing people" have. I always think of the poor gay kid, that's forced to go to church and hear this hate, and too afraid to say anything, or somehow believing this insanity.

Posted by: misael | May 22, 2012 8:54:04 PM

6. Notice how the two women interviewed in this video talk about "those people" and "them." Can some gays PLEASE come out to them, so they can see gays as normal people in their community instead of these weird "others" who are monsters that should be penned up? **THIS** is why everyone needs to come out-- seriously.

Posted by: Eric Mueller | May 22, 2012 8:56:45 PM

7. I really can't believe people can just go on TV and say they wish for the death of gay people. Its sickening.

Posted by: KP | May 22, 2012 8:59:51 PM

8. This is not surprising. Presumably the Pastor knew his congregation.

Posted by: NullNaught | May 22, 2012 9:01:18 PM

9. It's interesting that the only passage Ms. Sims has highlighted on that page of her bible is Romans 1, Paul's gay clobber passage. She really should read and highlight the first verse of the very next chapter, where it says "Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things."

It's also interesting that it was two women who spoke out in support of the pastor. I'm glad their interviews were made in their homes, because Paul also commands them, in 1 Corinthians 14, to keep silent in church, where they are not permitted to speak. I'm sure they follow that part of the New Testament, too.

Posted by: Thom Watson | May 22, 2012 9:07:49 PM

10. Brain dead hicks.

Posted by: russ | May 22, 2012 9:10:31 PM

11. Jesus, save me from your followers. Amen.

Posted by: Johnson | May 22, 2012 9:15:30 PM

12. Doesn't Pastor Worley's proposal sound rather like a concentration camp?

Where is the outrage?

Posted by: Anon | May 22, 2012 9:17:47 PM

13. Religious freaks... I though Mormons were bad. Baptists are frightening!

Posted by: Bri | May 22, 2012 9:28:48 PM

14. Dear So-Called Christians,

There's a special place in hell for Pharisees like yourselves.

Enjoy it.

Posted by: Elsewhere | May 22, 2012 9:32:46 PM

15. This is all entirely predictable, the morons vs the informed gay guys. I am sure there are ways to actually get to these people so that they will listen, even change, and coming out is all fine and well. But who wants to go through being among the first. I have no patience for their ignorant prejudices, swollen, corrupt bodies and god-addled brains.

We need leaders. People who will confront them in an acceptable way. I could never do it. Who will?

Perhaps something has to be done to create a group of gay people, nice people, even believers, who will go out and meet such others in such small towns and churches. Or we can just forget about them, move on and stay away.

Posted by: UFFDA | May 22, 2012 9:34:40 PM

16. I have to defend the south, just for a moment.

While NC has gone through some very concerning social policy changes - their bigotry does not represent all who live there. I'm a Georgia resident and I support equal marriage rights, and there are many many others like me. Just be careful of generalizing - many of us are able bodied supporters.

Posted by: Jayson | May 22, 2012 9:37:48 PM

17. Totally agree with Misael - this is a good thing. If the choice for the average American is to be lumped with these people or be lumped with us, we will win, hands down.

Posted by: Fritz | May 22, 2012 9:40:08 PM

18. We really have our work cut out for us, and for some time to come. Those of us who believe that sexual orientation of whatever variety is a gift to us as humans sharing one planet will have to work for years and generations, not only to make our confidence in ourselves evident, but more so to care for, re-educate, reassure and welcome into the community of humankind the "deviating" victims of these (first off just plainly low IQ functioning illiterates, or more threateningly, those willfully hateful with a self-imposed temerity of ignorance) widely wounding "caregivers" of mere children, the innocents who will forevermore bear the psychological scars of this sort of struttingly smug "satanism" of the soul. Those who wield simplistic religious power in these small enclaves throughout the hinterlands of the USA have been forcing their tortured children to flee to the big cities nearly forever if those precious young kids read the bigots correctly. Sadly, multitudes of other less confident kids take all this baseless stupid shame ignorantly upon themselves due to the mere inundation of self-serving ignoramuses like this pastor and his unthinking "flock" who just follow the bird they're next to in order to bob and weave helter-skelter to avoid life's deepest quandaries. Ever thankful that my agnosticism is rapidly being congealed into outright atheism, I nonetheless care for these sensitive victims whose own lives have become so miserable through religious zealotry that they'd wish for a "Heaven" to which to escape this earthly hell that surrounds and suffocates them. What a dilemma to resolve when all politicians in this American democracy have to at least feign a belief in a god in order to work within the civil federal government created by Enlightenment geniuses who knew very well over two hundred years ago the deadly results of letting any religion control the public square. Sadly slow progress we Americans have made en masse in fully implementing the enlightened principles of the greatest political document humankind has ever produced, the US Constitution; severe in its slow progress as we Americans have been.

Posted by: Tom Cardellino | May 22, 2012 9:44:39 PM

19. From one of Dan Savage's blog posts:

"I'm a 32-year-old lesbian who's been out for 10 years... raised in a very conservative Pentecostal family... haven't seen my family for 10 years. I've always held out hope that they would change their minds and realize that they do love me... I got a call from my oldest sister last month... she told me that she needed my help. Her son was gay and she needed me to come and get him. I didn't understand what she meant at first. I thought she wanted me to come and talk to him. But, no, she meant come and get him. She didn't want that "filth"—her own son—in her home. When I picked him up a large part of my family was there, and I swear to God I had never felt so much hate in my life. I don't understand it and I know I never will, but I swear it broke me..."

Can you feel the love of the Christ? 'Cause with some of His followers I sure don't.

Posted by: Ken | May 22, 2012 9:48:01 PM

20. I guess Geneva Sims is "Agenit" too. I ask her the same question while she has her bible open. Where in the 10 commandments or the 8 beatitudes from the sermon on the mount that condems homosexuality as a sin? These are the laws of god. The others are laws created by man.

Posted by: Dale | May 22, 2012 9:51:33 PM

21. The new communism hides behind a christian facade. Stalin used gulags and starvation. Mao used prisons and starvation. They will use fenced meadows and starvation. All against those who are not considered part and parcel of their ideology. The devil comes back to earth, preaching love while exhibiting hate.

Posted by: kyle Michel Sullivan | May 22, 2012 9:59:23 PM

22. As an atheist I love people like this. They drive more young people away from the nonsensical belief in a deity then any advertising campaign could. You can't buy material like this.

Posted by: dearcomrade | May 22, 2012 10:01:03 PM

23. Crackers sad crackers all

Posted by: NE Rich | May 22, 2012 10:24:52 PM

24. These aare the same people who founded the Nazi party.
    To paraphrase an old story:
    First they came for the sinners, I'm not a sinner so I said nothing.
    Then they came for the atheists, I'm not an atheist so I said nothing.
    Then they came for non christians, but I'm not a non christian so I said nothing.
    Then they came for the gays, I'm not gay so I said nothing.
    When they came for me, there was no one there to speak for me.
    These people are very dangerous and they provoke the most dangerous degenerates and haters to violence. We must PEACEFULLY stop them by non-violent protest, and use their own beliefs against them.

Posted by: Iwontgrowup | May 22, 2012 10:28:01 PM

25. After watching that...I feel like vomiting.

Posted by: Geoff M | May 22, 2012 10:36:44 PM