Don't Ask, Don't Tell | News

BigGayDeal.com

Seaman Reunited With Boyfriend After 6-Month Deployment: VIDEO

NavyReunion

It was a joyous reunion when seaman Trent returned to his boyfriend, Lee, after a six-month deployment on the USS Carl Vinson.

Watch the video of the tearful, heartwarming rendezvous AFTER THE JUMP

Get all the Towleroad headlines first - follow us on Twitter @TLRD.

(h/t JMG)

Comments

1. One of the guys I went to boot camp with is aboard that carrier.

Awesome video!

Posted by: J.J. in the Navy | May 24, 2012 9:05:45 AM

2. AAAAH, he's got his sailor back.

Posted by: Peter | May 24, 2012 9:13:36 AM

3. And shortly, the semen reunited with the boyfriend.

Posted by: Ben | May 24, 2012 9:22:06 AM

4. According to the video, they last saw each other six months ago. That first kiss must have been one of the best of their lives. I have a lot of respect for military members but especially for their loved ones left at home. It must be so hard to be seperated for so long.

Posted by: KT | May 24, 2012 9:28:44 AM

5. Am I allowed to giggle a little every time I read the word "seaman"? I can't help it.

Posted by: NaughtyLola | May 24, 2012 10:00:29 AM

6. Wow, this brought back a long-forgotten memory. Twenty-five years ago I had a casual boyfriend who was stationed aboard the Carl Vinson. We saw each other once every six months or so. Boy did he have stories to tell about those long months at sea!

Posted by: Pervy McPerv | May 24, 2012 10:00:59 AM

7. This was a great video, but Trent is far from being a "Seaman". He is actually a Petty Officer First Class, which is three ranks higher than a seaman.

Posted by: Justin | May 24, 2012 10:02:37 AM

8. I want this to be so unremarkable that it warrants no special coverage. It will be in time.

Posted by: Diogenes | May 24, 2012 10:41:25 AM

9. Very touching and beautiful. Love.

Posted by: Matt26 | May 24, 2012 10:59:32 AM

10. They are adorable. GREAT video.

Posted by: Alan | May 24, 2012 11:02:50 AM

11. I know, Diogenes, so do I, but for right now I just want to watch and go "Dawwwww!"

Posted by: K | May 24, 2012 11:27:24 AM

12. Every one of the "coming home" vids get to me. Soldiers and their kids, sailor surprising his mother or dad. Even the excited dog ones tear me up. This one is no exception. I'm such a softy.

Posted by: Curt | May 24, 2012 1:53:22 PM

13. Great to see this story. Know them both and they are one of the best couples I know. Great to have Trent back home. Thanks for your service, Trent. You are a great asset to our country, as are all the LGBT service members who give and have given of their time to the country. So glad they can now serve openly.

Posted by: RBearSAT | May 24, 2012 1:58:24 PM

14. Very sweet

Posted by: jaragon | May 24, 2012 5:54:02 PM

15. I had tears in my eyes when I watched this video. My husband served on the Chucky V. I didn't know him then but if I had, I would have been waiting for him just as this fellow waited for his sailor. What a wonderful, happy, loving couple they must be. Best wishes to them both!

Posted by: SpookyGirlinSanDiego | May 24, 2012 10:50:07 PM

16. the surrounding crowd could not have been more uncomfortable. Still they had a beautiful moment. I love that they can be so public about it- with kids around and all. Wish I could be a fly on the wall when they get home.

Posted by: Rob | May 25, 2012 12:37:09 AM

17. Years ago the USS Carl Vinson was given the nickname "The Carla V" because it was rumored that there were so many gay sailors aboard.

Posted by: andrew | May 25, 2012 4:41:31 AM

18. And awesomely no one gave a flying monkey's butt about them.

Posted by: Kyler | May 26, 2012 3:45:08 AM

19. Fast Car? Really? Prime example of poor musical choice undermining a great video.

Posted by: John Dough | May 26, 2012 2:13:31 PM