Comments

1. KT says

According to the video, they last saw each other six months ago. That first kiss must have been one of the best of their lives. I have a lot of respect for military members but especially for their loved ones left at home. It must be so hard to be seperated for so long.

2. Pervy McPerv says

Wow, this brought back a long-forgotten memory. Twenty-five years ago I had a casual boyfriend who was stationed aboard the Carl Vinson. We saw each other once every six months or so. Boy did he have stories to tell about those long months at sea!

3. Justin says

This was a great video, but Trent is far from being a “Seaman”. He is actually a Petty Officer First Class, which is three ranks higher than a seaman.

4. Curt says

Every one of the “coming home” vids get to me. Soldiers and their kids, sailor surprising his mother or dad. Even the excited dog ones tear me up. This one is no exception. I’m such a softy.

5. RBearSAT says

Great to see this story. Know them both and they are one of the best couples I know. Great to have Trent back home. Thanks for your service, Trent. You are a great asset to our country, as are all the LGBT service members who give and have given of their time to the country. So glad they can now serve openly.

6. says

I had tears in my eyes when I watched this video. My husband served on the Chucky V. I didn’t know him then but if I had, I would have been waiting for him just as this fellow waited for his sailor. What a wonderful, happy, loving couple they must be. Best wishes to them both!

7. Rob says

the surrounding crowd could not have been more uncomfortable. Still they had a beautiful moment. I love that they can be so public about it- with kids around and all. Wish I could be a fly on the wall when they get home.

8. andrew says

Years ago the USS Carl Vinson was given the nickname “The Carla V” because it was rumored that there were so many gay sailors aboard.