Lady Gaga | New Zealand | News

BigGayDeal.com

Lady Gaga Suffers Concussion During New Zealand Concert: VIDEO

Gagapole

Shortly after singing "Jesus is my virtue" during "Judas", one of Lady Gaga's dancers smacked her in the head with a pole. She suffered a concussion but continued on with the show, Rolling Stone reports:

According to fan site Gagamedia.net, Gaga continued with the performance for another 16 songs. "I want to apologize," she told the crowd. "I did hit my head and I think I may have a concussion but don’t you worry I will finish this show."

Lady Gaga's makeup artist later confirmed through Twitter that the singer was recovering:

"Gaga has a concussion but she is going to be okay.She wants u to know she loves u. I'm taking care of her.cant believe she finished the show."

Watch the incident, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Hopefully it knocked some originality into her.

Posted by: KillBilly | Jun 11, 2012 8:08:34 AM

2. I know one dancer who's out of a job...:)

Posted by: Robert | Jun 11, 2012 8:23:48 AM

3. Well, when you don't rehearse this is what happens. Lady Xerox is too busy defending her styrofoam Disney sets and $300 tickets for her "stadium" tour then actually showing up and learning how to dance, sing or entertain. Course, she is also spending most of her time probably high as a kit - drowning her sorrows as her PR people and the press who kiss her ass and think she is a relevant gay-icon, can't erase the fact that Madonna's show is getting positive reviews, is entertaining, original and going to surpass the Born This Way travesty that is coming to the US this Fall.

Posted by: Jasmine Glick | Jun 11, 2012 9:14:16 AM

4. I hope GaGa is ok.

That being said. Although this is an accident, Madonna would never have allowed this to happen as she rehearses her shows. I know - I know, those old people do old things like rehearse and stuff.

But there ya go.

Posted by: truthiness | Jun 11, 2012 9:34:37 AM

5. Unlike the rest, I'd rather not bring up any strife or comparison between Gaga and Madonna, and just hope she's okay D:

Posted by: Wolf Sawyer | Jun 11, 2012 9:49:59 AM

6. LOL @ y'all hatin' on My Queen. GAGA IS KILLING IT. w00t w00t

i'm sure she rehearsed like mad. mistakes happen. sounds like it was painful.

i watched the entire born this way ball on youtube & i was SO impressed at how she & the dancers dance on different levels of the SUPER TALL set...the set's gotta be maybe 3 or 4 stories high and she dances at the very top during Judas. seems like it could be a bit dangerous if someone fell off. GET IT, GAGA

Posted by: mi reina | Jun 11, 2012 9:59:05 AM

7. The Gaga haters have to get over themselves.

Posted by: Mike | Jun 11, 2012 10:16:20 AM

8. I have no idea what her appeal is, she prays on young peoples low self esteem and insecurities, tells them "Nobody loves you the way I do.She is nothing more than a gimmick. There is nothing original about her. While it's true she can sing but I think that's nagated by the fact she never gives proper credit to the better artist she's stolen from i.e Bowie, Annie Lennox, Grace Jones, Marliyn Manson & Madonna

Posted by: KillBilly | Jun 11, 2012 10:38:33 AM

9. Obviously she got bopped on the head because we can see it on the vid, but I'm curious how the concussion diagnosis came about before even a visit to a dr or hospital? Her makeup artist has a degree in medicine?

Posted by: Dylan | Jun 11, 2012 10:40:35 AM

10. I'm not even a huge GaGa fan, but geez - what's with the cunty comments? I'm just glad she wasn't more seriously injured!

Posted by: Scott | Jun 11, 2012 10:41:55 AM

11. Hahahahahahaha!

Posted by: Rick | Jun 11, 2012 11:09:20 AM

12. Well now you all know she doesn't lip sync like all them other bitches. It that was madonna, she would have died because her old body wouldn't have held up.

Posted by: jeff | Jun 11, 2012 12:05:09 PM

13. And she certainly went out of her way to make sure everybody in the audience knew she suffered a concussion, but would continue with the show. She loves to adopt that "victim" attitude.

Posted by: shle896shle | Jun 11, 2012 12:08:45 PM

14. JEFF: LMFAO!!! lolol...u so crazy. besos

Posted by: mi reina | Jun 11, 2012 12:36:25 PM

15. That's karma acting "cunty and shady."

LOL!

Posted by: KDNA | Jun 11, 2012 12:51:28 PM

16. LOL, reductive.

Posted by: Michael | Jun 11, 2012 3:19:12 PM

17. Most of you people are f'ing awful, reveling in the pain of another person. I don't care if you like her music. But grow up.

Posted by: Paul R | Jun 11, 2012 4:07:16 PM

18. Oh the parodies, the parodies…

Like, she gets hit in the head and can sing only Kate Smith songs afterwards.

But the show must go on!

Is Madonna killing it?

Posted by: tinkerbelle | Jun 11, 2012 4:15:38 PM

19. RICK - you crack me up. Why didn't I expect that. There are days when you're exactly my kind of awful, other days KIWI is.

And JASMIN dear you've got some serious envy problems along with a whole lot of others no doubt.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jun 11, 2012 4:19:52 PM

20. Unlike Madonna, Gaga has talent-surely the only thing that matters? Who cares if you've got a catalog but you can't sing it?
    Hope Gaga is Ok.

Posted by: Molc | Jun 11, 2012 4:36:06 PM

21. I'm not a fan of Lady Gaga. But I hope she'll be OK. And by the way, for those of you who may be inclined to accuse Gaga of using her stage name "as a burka", be made aware that her real name is Stephanie Germanotta - as if this makes any difference.

Posted by: Mary | Jun 11, 2012 4:56:47 PM

22. Madonna has never made a claim she's a great singer but she does in fact sing live in concert and she sure in the hell dances better then Lady Xerox. Lady Cut & Paste might be able to sing but I still think she sucks.

Posted by: KillBilly | Jun 11, 2012 6:58:57 PM

23. I was hoping she would have died. Our world wiuld be better off.

Posted by: Aaron | Jun 12, 2012 1:49:03 AM

24. I was hoping she would have died. Our world wiuld be better off.

Posted by: Aaron | Jun 12, 2012 1:49:05 AM