Janice Daniels | Michigan | News

BigGayDeal.com

Troy, MI Mayor Janice Daniels Compares Homosexuality to Smoking, Says It's 'Dangerous', Faces Recall: VIDEO

Daniels

Troy, Michigan mayor Janice Daniels, who faced outrage late last year over a Facebook update that read "I think I am going to throw away my I Love New York carrying bag now that queers can get married there" and months later said she wanted an expert to testify that homosexuality is a mental illness at an anti-bullying forum spoke out again this week as she faces down a recall vote in November.

Daniels appeared on Charlie Langton’s morning show Wednesday on Talk Radio 1270, CBS Detroit reports:

“What I said while I was mayor … I was in a business meeting, I come from a business perspective … I said that I would bring a doctor into a meeting that would say that the homosexual lifestyle is dangerous,” Daniels said, adding,”Had I been with a group of smokers I might have said I would like to bring a doctor into this meeting to say that smoking is dangerous.”

Is it dangerous to be gay? Langton asked.

“I think that doctors can make a case for it certainly,” the mayor said, adding that she “had no opinion” on whether being gay is more dangerous than smoking.

This week, organizers of a recall campaign against her delivered signatures:

Organizers of the recall campaign reportedly delivered 9,300 signatures Tuesday to the Elections Division at the Oakland County clerk’s office. The Detroit News said the group needed 7,985 valid signatures by June 15 to force the recall election — which means unless the signatures are challenged as invalid, the recall election will happen in November.

Watch WXYZ Detroit's report on the recall, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. What an ugly and vicious hag.

Posted by: percy | Jun 15, 2012 8:33:38 AM

2. Dangerously clueless.

Posted by: CHAD | Jun 15, 2012 9:01:11 AM

3. Dangerously clueless.

Posted by: CHAD | Jun 15, 2012 9:01:17 AM

4. her crime is slander against gay people.

I'd like to bring her into a room full of doctors who would warn her that her "lifestyle" is leading to an unhealthy weight gain that could lead to heart disease and diabetes.

Posted by: QJ201 | Jun 15, 2012 9:07:39 AM

5. Curious. She states that a recall should only be used if a law was broken. I don't know that I agree with that. A mayor is supposed to represent their constituents, right? If they are not fulfilling that role, should the public NOT be able to "fire" them? If the needed number to place a recall on the ballot is 8000, and they have 9300... then that means the people don't want her.

Posted by: theotherlee | Jun 15, 2012 9:18:36 AM

6. Hmmm.. there seems to be a glitch in the posting system recently. Not only are people getting 2-3-4 reposts, messages aren't coming through either.

After refreshing three times, my post isn't showing, so here's what I posted:

Posted by: theotherlee | Jun 15, 2012 9:22:22 AM

7. @THEOTHERLEE

I think she's trying to redefine the purpose of the recall to help herself sleep at night. "I've done nothing wrong. The voters are just nutty. I'm PERFECT!"

Posted by: Strykary | Jun 15, 2012 9:33:33 AM

8. But you know the gay lifestyle is dangerous! That's why we all die before we're 40!

The right still cling to that myth.

Posted by: KevinVT | Jun 15, 2012 9:44:26 AM

9. @KEVINVT Don't tell anyone but I'm...45. I've been in a loving, caring, monogamous (crusing men, together, with our eyes only doesn't count as cheating I hope!) for 23+ years and I'm not a drug addict, an alcoholic not was I ever sexually abused. According to folk like Daniels I don't exist. I'm here to tell her and them that I do!

Posted by: Gigi | Jun 15, 2012 9:56:06 AM

10. Yikes, it's Victoria Jackson's less-attractive sister!

Posted by: Demian | Jun 15, 2012 9:56:07 AM

11. Being stupid and being in power?? Now that is dangerous.

Posted by: patrick | Jun 15, 2012 9:58:20 AM

12. I'm 48. Borrowed time?

Posted by: dattexas | Jun 15, 2012 9:58:25 AM

13. Get her out of the office!

Posted by: Matt26 | Jun 15, 2012 10:06:21 AM

14. Unlike smoking, being gay does not cause cancer. Twit.

Posted by: fgsweetdog | Jun 15, 2012 10:07:39 AM

15. Unlike smoking, being gay does not cause cancer. Twit.

Posted by: fgsweetdog | Jun 15, 2012 10:07:42 AM

16. I came up on the 40 year mark and must have become a zombie for the following 25 years. that would explain so MANY things.

Posted by: gregory brown | Jun 15, 2012 10:20:43 AM

17. I came up on the 40 year mark and must have become a zombie for the following 25 years. that would explain so MANY things.

Posted by: gregory brown | Jun 15, 2012 10:20:43 AM

18. oh god not her again. she really is astoundingly stupid isn't she?

Posted by: DanSwon | Jun 15, 2012 10:38:21 AM

19. oh god not her again. she really is astoundingly stupid isn't she?

Posted by: DanSwon | Jun 15, 2012 10:38:26 AM

20. Another person who wears their I.Q. on their face...dipsh!t.

Posted by: Johnny | Jun 15, 2012 11:28:00 AM

21. More anti-gay Christian Supremacist propaganda. These anti-gay Christian Supremacist spread lies to stir up people against gays.

Posted by: Dave | Jun 15, 2012 11:44:14 AM

22. people like her just don't get it - the "harm" of being homosexual comes from living in an anti-gay culture populated by bigots like this woman.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Jun 15, 2012 12:01:38 PM

23. Jesus; look at those eyes and that pulled back face. How much work did she get done? I'd demand a refund. She's just as ugly on the outside as she is on the inside.

Posted by: GMcGinnis | Jun 15, 2012 12:38:21 PM

24. She just can't seem to stop opening that idiotic piehole of hers...

Posted by: jim | Jun 15, 2012 1:13:15 PM

25. Stupid mayor doesn't know how many Canadians no longer shop at her mall. She's costing her city.

Posted by: Randy | Jun 15, 2012 1:28:26 PM