Magic Mike | Matt Bomer | News

BigGayDeal.com

Grateful Fans Bring Matt Bomer to Tears, Lick Him All Over

Bomer

Matt Bomer talks to E!'s Marc Malkin about his coming out:

I never really endeavored to hide anything. But there were times I chose not to relegate my history to the back page of a magazine, which to me is sort of akin to putting your biography on a bathroom wall."

Bomer says he has been touched by some reactions to being more open about his sexuality:

"I had somebody from the military approach me a few weeks ago just saying how this helps people, affects people. It brought me to tears."

Bomer then revealed some of the surprises he encountered filming stripper movie Magic Mike:

"When they called me, I thought, 'Do they have the wrong number? Did they mean to call the guy from Vampire Diaries?'And at the time I was really skinny so I think there may have been a five-minute window from when I hung up the phone to when I went to the gym."

Bomer tells Malkin that stripping for a woman wasn't something he was used to:

"Channing told me, 'You have to use the stretcher and just get up on this girl and grind your junk in her face. But this girl was not going to just sit there and be ground upon. She started licking me in all kinds of special places and we just kept going…It was one of those situations where you were in an environment where moral parameters are not the same as they are if you're doing a political drama. You just sort of have to say yes to everything and embrace it."

Comments

1. nicest guy in the universe.

Posted by: chris | Jun 26, 2012 11:56:02 AM

2. "You just sort of have to say yes to everything and embrace it"

OMG, Matt, I've been trying!! But your restraining order makes it very,very difficult!

Posted by: woodroad34 | Jun 26, 2012 12:10:06 PM

3. Love Him!!!

Posted by: TruthHurts | Jun 26, 2012 12:10:08 PM

4. Delicious. Great guy inside out.

Posted by: Matt26 | Jun 26, 2012 12:24:16 PM

5. A misleading & insulting headline. It was a serviceperson who "brought him to tears", understandable, especially after tghe repeal of DADT. It was an extra in MAGIC MIKE who liked him all over The lucky BEOTCH!!

Posted by: Russ | Jun 26, 2012 12:27:59 PM

6. an officer and an extremely hot gentleman.

Posted by: Peter | Jun 26, 2012 12:47:45 PM

7. How much did that woman have to pay for the privilege of getting to lick Bomer junk? Did she win it at an auction? 'Cause that would raise hella cash for some good cause, amiright?

Posted by: Seattle Mike | Jun 26, 2012 1:45:34 PM

8. Matt lives his life in such a classy manner, wish everyone would follow his lead. Love him!

Posted by: Untamed | Jun 26, 2012 3:19:54 PM

9. Ugh. He's too damned ORANGE.

Spray tans are heinous.

Posted by: jexer | Jun 26, 2012 4:51:12 PM

10. Amazing role model. The fact that he is hot and talented is a total bonus for mankind.

Posted by: Todd S | Jun 26, 2012 6:37:46 PM

11. In the Entertainment Weekly article about Magic Mike, Bomer and the other guys talk about how that extra that was 'so friendly' is actually a lesbian. Makes it even more hilarious

Posted by: ty | Jun 26, 2012 7:10:22 PM

12. Why is this film getting such a hard on here???

Posted by: Gordon | Jun 26, 2012 7:48:06 PM

13. "You have to use the stretcher"

At what point is a stretcher involved?

Men who strip for men are so much more straight-forward.

Posted by: Randy | Jun 27, 2012 12:31:46 AM

14. As with most movies, I'm sure the build up and anticipation will far exceed the actual product, so enjoy it before it opens and disappoints

Posted by: mike26 | Jun 27, 2012 12:35:51 AM

15. He's orange because it's for the role. They all had to spraytan and manscape for the movie.

You know why they used a stretcher? His costume is a doctor in one performance, Ken doll in another. Women like the fantasy.

Posted by: Glenn | Jun 27, 2012 2:21:44 AM

16. Horrible misleading headline, of which you should be ashamed.

I also hate this line: "Bomer tells Malkin that stripping for a woman wasn't something he was used to." What you're implying in this sentence isn't remotely what he meant, and I hope you know that. He was referring to getting advice from Tatum on stripping as a performer, period. Obviously none of the actors on the movie apart from Tatum had any experience of stripping for cash for EITHER MEN OR WOMEN. There's something vaguely nasty about the insinuation you're trying to make.

Overall, I've hated the way this great interview with E! has been picked up and disseminated around the web, often with the 'new' articles based on the original one twisting Matt's meaning. No wonder he hardly ever talks about this issue.

Posted by: SG | Jun 27, 2012 8:57:42 AM

17. Ooooh, VOCABULARY! (swoon)

Posted by: greg | Oct 17, 2012 10:18:59 AM