"Ex-Gays" | Apple | News

Macbook Pro: The New Way to 'Cure' Your Kid's Homosexuality

Macbookpro

A listing (since flagged) on Craigslist LA:

"I am selling my son't macobok pro 15 inch. He found out that there is going to be a new macbook so I will be buying that for him. I bought it last summer so it isn't even a year old yet. It is on pretty decent shape. I am pretty firm on the price.

"Just a footnote. I don't want to get a ton of messages from you guys saying that I am spoiling my son and turning him into an entitled monster. There is a backstory that you aren't even aware of. My son was committing homosexual acts and got caught in the act. We made a deal that if he chose to be straight, that we would buy him more nice things. So don't message me saying that I am a bad parent for spoiling him. It's quite the opposite, I am a good parent adn I'm working with him to correct his problem."

(via facebook, via sean chapin)

Comments

1. the father's right, he's not a bad parent for buying his son toys, he's a bad parent cause he thinks he can bribe his son to be straight!

Kudos to the son, he'll have lots of nice gifts to give his next boyfriend.

Posted by: matthew c. hintzen | Jun 13, 2012 6:38:39 PM

2. I hope that kid milks his parents for every high price toy he can get.

Posted by: LiamB | Jun 13, 2012 6:39:09 PM

3. I hope that kid milks his parents for every high price toy he can get.

Posted by: LiamB | Jun 13, 2012 6:39:09 PM

4. I hope that kid milks his parents for every high price toy he can get.

Posted by: LiamB | Jun 13, 2012 6:39:18 PM

5. What about our problems? You know Ehrenstein's, Kiwi's, Mine, and then there's Andy...and Ricks's too...and Mary's (her's are even shifting around)...then there's...oh well.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jun 13, 2012 6:40:33 PM

6. WTH? Sorry about the multi-post. I only hit the post button once.

Posted by: LiamB | Jun 13, 2012 6:41:16 PM

7. Yes, quite the opposite. Not a bad parent at all. Bwahahahahahaha!

Posted by: Zlick | Jun 13, 2012 6:41:54 PM

8. Well, at least he'll learn how be a prostitute.

Posted by: russ | Jun 13, 2012 6:43:11 PM

9. It is too bad that poor parenting skills aren't a criminal offense. This mother would me my candidate for jail time. The language his mother is using to describe him has the potential to not only destroy this kids' sense of self, sense of identity and self-worth, but create a fertile environment for suicide. This is a perfect "storm" for another GLBT teen to take his own life. And, the worse part is the mother thinks she is a good parent because she is trying to "correct" this type of behavior.

Posted by: Bernie | Jun 13, 2012 6:48:36 PM

10. Maybe the parent doesn't know that Tim Cook, the CEO of Apple, is openly homosexual.

Posted by: Bryan J Blumberg | Jun 13, 2012 6:48:43 PM

11. Much like this guy's son, I'm bisexual. Buy me something, I'll be sexual.

Posted by: Nick | Jun 13, 2012 6:52:52 PM

12. Is she available for foster parenting? I could use some new electronics. And I can go days without being gay. Ok, maybe a week..."tops".

Posted by: Rik Newby | Jun 13, 2012 6:57:26 PM

13. Culver City... enough said

Posted by: daw | Jun 13, 2012 7:11:56 PM

14. oh yeah, brilliant parenting!

Posted by: DanSwon | Jun 13, 2012 7:13:24 PM

15. Uh - I am going to have to call shenanigans on this CL post.

You do not - even in LA - have to provide a backstory to sell a laptop.

No parent would talk of their son's performing homosexual acts - that he could actually be caught in - as something they were paying him not to do.

No one on CL really cares what you think - they just want you to bring cash for the merchandise.

No one this lonely, who needs to share with strangers this much - has ever had an intimate encounter - much less one that could have produced a child.

Posted by: Ricky | Jun 13, 2012 7:15:26 PM

16. $1300 for a used computer with gay cooties?!

*******

BERNIE and RIK: you both assumed the writer/seller was the kid's mother, I had assumed it was his father. I find that curious and interesting as my dad was the super cool one, more than accepting, he happily and vocally supported me and my boyfriend; my mother, while always pleasant and never unpleasant, well was just that pleasant and never unpleasant.

So, either of you, or others, did your assumption go with and contrary, as mine did, so your personal experience?

Posted by: Mike in Asheville | Jun 13, 2012 7:17:05 PM

17. Psy. Cho.

Posted by: Sean in Dallas | Jun 13, 2012 7:19:14 PM

18. This has to be a joke.

Posted by: Reppin2 | Jun 13, 2012 7:20:05 PM

19. it's fake, if it was real it would simply say "macbook for sale 1300$"

Posted by: Locutus of Board | Jun 13, 2012 7:20:48 PM

20. Fake fake fake.

Posted by: Yeek | Jun 13, 2012 7:23:10 PM

21. If you know Culver City, a well to do parent who who takes that tone is probably Black, and has been told by the church that being Gay is simply a temptation. (NOT meaning to put down Black people, just to explain a common attitude and the Prop 8 vote)

Posted by: Bob | Jun 13, 2012 7:25:01 PM

22. It's a fake

Posted by: austin | Jun 13, 2012 7:29:36 PM

23. It's a fake

Posted by: austin | Jun 13, 2012 7:29:39 PM

24. If you troll CL as much as I do, you will find all sorts of strange posts made seriously by strange people.

You and I may understand that nobody needs a back story on CL, but there are people who chronically over share.

Ive seen TMI on free stuff and stuff for sale alike and aside from the subject matter, this is not really that unusual. I actually believe this one to be real.

Posted by: thumper | Jun 13, 2012 7:33:51 PM

25. Another anti-gay Christian who thinks he can "pay the gay away", what happened to "pray the gay away"?

Posted by: Dave | Jun 13, 2012 7:36:05 PM