Macbook Pro: The New Way to ‘Cure’ Your Kid’s Homosexuality

Macbookpro

A listing (since flagged) on Craigslist LA:

"I am selling my son't macobok pro 15 inch. He found out that there is going to be a new macbook so I will be buying that for him. I bought it last summer so it isn't even a year old yet. It is on pretty decent shape. I am pretty firm on the price.

"Just a footnote. I don't want to get a ton of messages from you guys saying that I am spoiling my son and turning him into an entitled monster. There is a backstory that you aren't even aware of. My son was committing homosexual acts and got caught in the act. We made a deal that if he chose to be straight, that we would buy him more nice things. So don't message me saying that I am a bad parent for spoiling him. It's quite the opposite, I am a good parent adn I'm working with him to correct his problem."

(via facebook, via sean chapin)

Comments

1. matthew c. hintzen says

the father’s right, he’s not a bad parent for buying his son toys, he’s a bad parent cause he thinks he can bribe his son to be straight!

Kudos to the son, he’ll have lots of nice gifts to give his next boyfriend.

2. UFFDA says

What about our problems? You know Ehrenstein’s, Kiwi’s, Mine, and then there’s Andy…and Ricks’s too…and Mary’s (her’s are even shifting around)…then there’s…oh well.

3. Bernie says

It is too bad that poor parenting skills aren’t a criminal offense. This mother would me my candidate for jail time. The language his mother is using to describe him has the potential to not only destroy this kids’ sense of self, sense of identity and self-worth, but create a fertile environment for suicide. This is a perfect “storm” for another GLBT teen to take his own life. And, the worse part is the mother thinks she is a good parent because she is trying to “correct” this type of behavior.

4. Rik Newby says

Is she available for foster parenting? I could use some new electronics. And I can go days without being gay. Ok, maybe a week…”tops”.

5. Ricky says

Uh – I am going to have to call shenanigans on this CL post.

You do not – even in LA – have to provide a backstory to sell a laptop.

No parent would talk of their son’s performing homosexual acts – that he could actually be caught in – as something they were paying him not to do.

No one on CL really cares what you think – they just want you to bring cash for the merchandise.

No one this lonely, who needs to share with strangers this much – has ever had an intimate encounter – much less one that could have produced a child.

6. Mike in Asheville says

$1300 for a used computer with gay cooties?!

*******

BERNIE and RIK: you both assumed the writer/seller was the kid’s mother, I had assumed it was his father. I find that curious and interesting as my dad was the super cool one, more than accepting, he happily and vocally supported me and my boyfriend; my mother, while always pleasant and never unpleasant, well was just that pleasant and never unpleasant.

So, either of you, or others, did your assumption go with and contrary, as mine did, so your personal experience?

7. Bob says

If you know Culver City, a well to do parent who who takes that tone is probably Black, and has been told by the church that being Gay is simply a temptation. (NOT meaning to put down Black people, just to explain a common attitude and the Prop 8 vote)

8. thumper says

If you troll CL as much as I do, you will find all sorts of strange posts made seriously by strange people.

You and I may understand that nobody needs a back story on CL, but there are people who chronically over share.

Ive seen TMI on free stuff and stuff for sale alike and aside from the subject matter, this is not really that unusual. I actually believe this one to be real.

9. Zlick says

Whoa, what’s with the jabs at Culver City? I’m a happy gay guy who’s lived there, um, forever, and I just don’t get it.

I don’t look at Craig’s List, so I have no idea if this kind of over-sharing is done there – – but if there’s an address to go buy the laptop or send child protective services, let me know and I’ll pop over there on my way home from work!

10. Bryan says

When I was in Kindergarten I came home and told my Mother other kids were telling me there was no Santa Claus. My Mother said, “Kids that don’t believe in Santa don’t get as many gifts for Christmas as those who do.” When I was 10 my Mother asked, “Do you really still believe in Santa?” I said,”No, I haven’t believed in Santa since I was 5.” “Why then have you been pretending you do and making me put gifts out from Santa all these years?”, she asked. “Because you told me kids that don’t believe don’t get as many gifts so I didn’t want to short change myself!” was my response.

If this post is even true then like me this gay boy is one tricky kid taking his parents for a ride. And for that I say good for him!

11. Markt says

He’s asking for someone to come over whose gay to set him “straight.” I think straight guys would avoid that purchase as it’s not an incredible bargain. Who knows maybe he likes to have threesomes with his son.

12. Francis says

This seems a little too……….well, yeah, fake. With that being said, if it’s true, it’s horrible, and I hope someone tracks down this individuals’ IP address so we can find out who made this post.

13. Kogenta says

If this is really a true ad and back story, I applaud that kid.

Let’s see, don’t have sex for a new 2-3k+ dollar item (possibly more than one) almost every year.. I’d do it, in a heart beat.

Of course I’m straight! I’ll take that new MBP with all the options, oh and a MacPro too, the $5,000 model.

Thanks, love you dad. Yup, yup, I’m totally straight.

14. Mary says

MY parents told me that they’d bribe me to give up “all this pro-gay stuff.” They thought a trip to Europe would do it. But I told them that for this I’d only give up my pro-gay marriage position. To give up Towleroad itself I’d need a condo in the Village. But they said “The Village? Then you’d be near all those specialty bars and nightclubs – you might end up a lesbian” So I guess I’m stuck here!

…………………..(joking!)

15. Ryan says

In an incredibly naive, sick and blindingly homophobic way… it’s actually kind of sweet.

Of course, the reality of the situation is that the parents would probably do well not to check out the browsing history on that computer too well. They may find out that their generosity is having the worse effect, given what the “internet is for.” ROFL.

16. Polyboy says

Sorry Bob, there aren’t enough Black voters in CA to account for the Prop 8 vote. But go right ahead with exit poll fueled misinformation.

People NOT voting is what got Prop 8 passed but that tidbit is always swept under the rug.

17. RandyN says

So what this guy is saying is “I don’t want my kid to be gay, so I am turning him into a hooker instead”. Anyway, the kid is aiming low: I’d ask for a friggin’ Ferrari!

18. RandyN says

19. Gary says

If it were a decent price, I’d buy it and then donate the money to the son’s gay charity of choice or to his first month’s rent to live on his own, away from his harmful parents!

20. Cherry Swells says

What a great parent!!!…..I totally understand this parent reasoning…..That’s what happen to me. Let me explain… When i bought the Iphone I became Bisexual, when i got the MAC Book Pro 15″ i bacame totally GAY and a size QUEEN. But now that my mommy got me the newest/latest Mac Book Pro, I’m no longer gay… I’m A BIG ass TRANNY now,turning tricks to pay for my BooB job.
    Thanks Mommy Deareast!!!!!