Comments

1. Francis says

Probably random bigoted anti-gays, potentially/likely Church goers. I read that there doesn’t seem to be any concrete connection to Gardner’s campaign and this flier.

With that being said, when people question why there are so many closeted politicians, it’s stories such as this that highlight why, sad t o say.

2. Bryan Long says

I’m a personal friend of State Rep. Pat Gardner’s and have been for many years. She’s a wonderful person without a mean bone in her body.

I talked with her this evening and she’s shocked by the flyer and confirmed to me that she had absolutely nothing to do with this political dirty trick. I never thought for a second that she might. It’s simply not in her character.

Rep. Gardner has been a supporter of gay rights and an ally of Atlanta’s gay community for longer than she’s been elected. She has previously been endorsed by Georgia Equality, although the group has not made an endorsement in this campaign.

3. Ugh says

“when people question why there are so many closeted politicians, it’s stories such as this that highlight why”

I disagree.

This story highlights why being closeted is a stupid idea.

If he’d been out from the get-go, this would be about as relevant as a flyer saying “he eats dinner.”

Most politicians are brought down in sex scandals not by the scandal, but by the denial. If Anthony Weiner had told Andrew Breitbart “Yes, that’s my penis, what’s the big deal? You’re taking an awfully strong interest in it for a ‘straight’ man,” he’d still be in office today. It was his denial and coverup that cost him his position.

4. Francis says

I agree, Ugh, but he’s actually been out for a year, and this happened, so Mr. Taylor coming out did not prevent his sexuality being used against him. Now, I do think being out is the correct option, because you cover your bases completely, no blackmail, no lies, no cover-ups. But, there is a backlash, especially/generally in Southern/Midwestern states and conservative areas as a whole, that comes with being out as a politician. So I can understand, although disagree, with why politicians would think if they remain closeted, that they can avoid these occurrences.

5. CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON says

IF Pat Gardner IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FLIER, I APPROVE IN THE GENERAL SENSE. HOWEVER, SINCE Mr. Gardner IS CAUCASIAN, HE ALLEGEDLY MADE A TERRIBLE “MOVE” BY ATTACKING A NEGRO POLITICIAN [Rashad Taylor] IN A SOUTHERN STATE [Georgia]. NEGRO VOTERS ARE INTENSELY PROTECTIVE OF NEGRO POLITICIANS IN AREAS WHICH ARE HISTORICALLY (OR, CURRENTLY) LOW IN NEGRO-POLITICAL REPRESENTATION. MEMPHIS, FOR EXAMPLE, HAS NEGRO POLITICIANS CONVICTED OF CRIMINAL MISCONDUCT WHO STILL HAVE A LARGE NEGRO FAN-BASE.

CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON

6. Dave says

He needs to investigate the anti-gay Christians who are working against LGBT people in his area who are involved in destroying LGBT people any way they can. This kind of propaganda is taught by the CIA and other government agencies and is used in psychological war fare to destroy the enemy. The flyer is called black propaganda and is used in psychological warfare to weaken and destroy the enemy by making the enemy look bad and the anti-gay Christians have been doing this to LGBT people for some time now. The evil mad man Hitler also this type of propaganda in Nazi Germany to destroy the Jews.

7. MJ says

You know, if you come out of the closet and just BE…and not hide your relationships or companion, you won’t have to fear an “outting”

You give them an upper hand by role playing a person you’re not.

8. Name: says

Wow how do you get anti gay christians, Hitler, Nazi’s, black propaganda, and CIA out of that flier? Oh wait if I hold it up to a mirror, I can see it now.