Channing Tatum Planning ‘Bigger’ Sequel to ‘Magic Mike’

Magicmike

Planning is already underway for a sequel to summer crowdpleaser Magic Mike, Channing Tatum confirms.

Asked during a Twitter question and answer session for Glamour magazine, Tatum responded: "Yes, yes and yes! We're working on the concept now. We want to flip the script and make it bigger."

Comments

1. ratbastard says

Mr. Tatum wants to ride the wave. Like all of us humans, he’s aging and his looks are fading, and perhaps he has little other talent. Don’t blame him.

2. jason says

Yawn, Magic Mike left me cold. It was de-gayed trash. The producers couldn’t even bring themselves to put in a male-male relationship.

Channing Tatum is an enabler of de-gayed movies, which is interesting considering the rumors about him.

3. DB says

Although it looked horrible from the ads, the movie was actually quite good. Being personally experienced with female strip clubs catering to heterosexual men and with male strip clubs catering to gay men, I also found it interesting to see how different a male strip (or strip tease) club catering to heterosexual women is. For example, while gay men find hairy legs and jock straps attractive, apparently heterosexual women like shaved legs and thongs (both of which are completely unappealing to gay men as we are attracted to masculinity). It seems women are more likely to be OK with a rather PG-rated strip tease, while men of course want actual nudity.

4. Hollywood, CA says

By make it bigger, you know that means GIRL STRIPPERS… waaa waaaa…. actually, I take that back, maybe that would be fun to see. I do love the lucite heeled beauties…

5. says

There’s no gay plot line…so this movie is really insulting to gays. Showing us male nudity just to get our gay dollar when you can’t be bothered showcasing a gay storyline? no thanks. not interested.

6. andrew says

I love Channing Tatum. I have always been a sucker for a beautiful face. I know that he has an awesome body, but it is his beautiful face that totally turns me on!!!

7. xtian2012 says

Have gay men’s expectations for even ‘good-bad’ movies sunk so low that just for the promise of a little bare ass we would waste time & money on this crap? The answer is ‘yes’, because that’s what just happened to me. I’m literally confounded as to why people would think this movie is anything other than ‘Showgirls: But with Male Butt’. It was *objectively* horrible! Wooden dialogue and even stiffer acting & contrived ‘choreography’, an obvious vanity project for Tatum. Who’s private parts did he blow to get this thing made??? And, a sequel??? Seriously???

8. stranded says

Really? Perhaps then Tatum and Soderbergh will have the balls to make an accurate depiction of the male strippers, and include how they swing both ways for their gay customers who actually pay for their fancy clothes and luxurious lives.

I’ve never met a stripper who isn’t bi, or at least one who claims to be able to make a living and afford fancy stuff.