Chick-fil-A | Food and Drink | News

Screw Chick-Fil-A, Here's How to Make Your Very Own 'Chick-Fil-Gay' Sandwich! — VIDEO

Chick-fil-a

Yesterday, Chick-Fil-A COO Dan Cathy said the chain was "guilty as charged" of making donations to anti-gay causes.

Those of you torn between loving the taste of Chick-Fil-A's sandwiches and hating its bigotry have no excuse now, because you can just follow the amazing Hilah Johnson's recipe and do it at home.

Watch this now and pass it on, AFTER THE JUMP...

And remember, chow down at Chick-Fil-Gay!

Comments

1. I have a better idea--why not dispense with chicken altogether and instead go with one of the many faux-chicken patties in the supermarket? Better for you and better for the environment, not to mention better for the chickens, easier to prepare, and very close to the real thing.

Posted by: Rick | Jul 18, 2012 12:26:02 PM

2. @RICK, I don't know if you are trying to make people laugh at you with your avalanche of comments this morning, but I read your comment above and it really made me guffaw out loud. I came really close to spilling my iced tea all over my desk!

Posted by: TANK | Jul 18, 2012 12:32:16 PM

3. Rick, do you ever smile?

Posted by: Nick | Jul 18, 2012 12:36:31 PM

4. when they finally opened a Chick-Fil-A in Chicago to see what the fuss was all about. they are just a soft hamburger bun with a tasteless breaded slob of chicken and a lone dill pickle. there really is no excitement.

the only thing you can say about Dan Cathy (why two first names?) is at least he has the cajones to say it out loud when most of the rest pretend; not much but at least you know he hates you...

Posted by: mike/ | Jul 18, 2012 12:40:14 PM

5. I'm so sick of you gays being effeminates and doing things that lesbian feminists do, like promoting vegetarianism. Go to a football game or any event where real masculine men are and you won't see tofu and fake meat, you'll see MEAT. Because real men eat meat and only diva-worshipping effeminate queens who wish they were Lady Gaga care about saving cows.
    Ask any red-blooded American man what he wants for dinner and he'll say steak. All you pathetic extremist liberals who try to push a vegetarian lifestyle are making other gay men like me look bad because if we want to be treated like real men we need to ACT LIKE REAL MEN and that means eating meat.

LadyGagaeffeminateslimpwristsIHateBlacksandImmigrantsMadonna

Posted by: Rick | Jul 18, 2012 12:42:19 PM

6. Millions of people consume Boca Burger, Morningstar Farm, Gardein and other brands of veggie "chicken" patties every day, including me, so I don't understand what is "controversial" about what I said, unless some people have just become conditioned to consider every comment I make automatically "controversial".

I was quite serious with my comment and did not intend it as a joke.

Posted by: Rick | Jul 18, 2012 12:42:39 PM

7. What were the spices you put in with the flour? And was it just egg or was there anything mixed with it?

Posted by: Adam | Jul 18, 2012 12:44:37 PM

8. To the twerp Little Impostor who dares suggest I'd be a feminist-wannabe vegetarian, get it though your thick skull that we're not going to convince the straight community that we're real men if we turn down beef or chicken for faux-patty nonsense.

Real men eat meat and I'm a real man and you effeminate vegetable lovers are making us look ridiculous.

Posted by: Rick | Jul 18, 2012 12:47:16 PM

9. Is rick, ricking himself?

Rick, you cant call us "you gays" you cant make a point and make crazy generalizations, both get thrown out.

Also, the people who comment here ARE the kind of horrible caricatures you regularly mention. We got racists, classists, trolls, assholes, queens, apologists, abusers, victims, liars and scum. So just focus up a bit.

Posted by: Fenrox | Jul 18, 2012 12:51:22 PM

10. To the post, This lady is great! I like her almost lazy style, but she is super relate-able and nice.

Posted by: Fenrox | Jul 18, 2012 12:53:29 PM

11. Alright, I'll admit it. I like Chik-Fil-A sandwiches. Admittedly there's not much to it, but it's a piece of real chicken instead of that pink goop formed into a patty.

But I also haven't eaten at a Chik-Fil-A in years, maybe as long as a decade, due to its connections with Evangelical Christianity and anti-gay attitudes. If you didn't know about CFA's anti-gay history already you weren't paying attention.

I've posted the link to Hilah's knockoff recipe a few times, most recently yesterday in the comments about Dan Cathy FINALLY admitting what most of us already knew, that they give frequently and generously to anti-gay groups and they're going to keep doing so. FWIW I've made sandwiches using her recipe and (from what I remember) it does taste just like CFA.

Posted by: Caliban | Jul 18, 2012 12:56:55 PM

12. I'm pretty sure that you're not supposed to use wood cutting boards when preparing poultry...

Posted by: BobN | Jul 18, 2012 12:57:29 PM

13. @Fenrox Only posts #1 and #6 in the thread, as well as this one are from me, the real Rick.

The other two are from Little Kiwi, posting as an impostor, using my name, including the one with the "you gays" terminology.

I continue to be astounded at how many of you seem to lack the intelligence to discern one from the other.

I will say this, though. If you read Little Kiwi's impostor posts, you get some real insight into his own deep-seated emotional problems. They invariably include references to sex with one's father, which suggests to me that he was molested as a child....and that may explain his gender confusion issues and the general anger and vindictiveness and vitriol that comes through in just about all his comments--he is just projecting his own issues onto others. Really pretty sad. He needs some professional help really badly.

Posted by: Rick | Jul 18, 2012 1:02:50 PM

14. Stop being a Little Impostor! Vegetarianism is for diva-worshipping effeminates and the proof is that straight men like meat, not broccoli, and if you want to be treated like a real man you need to do exactly what most other men do, which is to eat meat!

Posted by: Rick | Jul 18, 2012 1:12:27 PM

15. Hey everybody, eat what you want. Just don't eat at Chick-Fil-A.

Posted by: Jack M | Jul 18, 2012 1:13:00 PM

16. Why not have registration to avoid this base stupidity where there should be accountable conversation?

Posted by: denison | Jul 18, 2012 1:17:08 PM

17. Love to watch cooking shows. This girl is great. However,
    People eat fast food cause they are too busy/lazy to cook. I am sure whatever version Burger King or MacDonalds serves will have to do for me. And all the weird real men eat beef comments crack me up. The biggest thing most people relate to is being confident and being considerate (non arrogant). If someone hates me for being gay they are not going to like me more because I have a genuine love of red meat. But they might hate me less if they see I can get the job done and am fair to other people. just sayin.. If you do happen to be a picky eater just be nice when you order your food and don't look down on us that enjoy a wider variety of foods. That does make people hate us.

Posted by: Tom in long beach | Jul 18, 2012 1:20:08 PM

18. Love the video...made me smile.... and that's all for me today!
    Thanks, Towleroad. Have a great day, everybody!

Posted by: Rick | Jul 18, 2012 1:20:12 PM

19. Ok, I don't care. I like chicken, and dislike Chick-fil-a. I like this video. (though, she could have simply told us the ingredients for the wet and dry mixtures instead of saying it was below.) I'm gay, I like meat, and I like watching football. I don't like meat and football and sports though because "I'm a man" I like meat because it is good. I like football because it is one of the things I enjoy talking about with family. (Go panthers. ^^) So enough with the darn cliche sterotypes. YES, there are some that live them out, but in my experience, not even a quater of gay people are as simple as some lable them out to be.

Posted by: Cocoamonk | Jul 18, 2012 1:27:47 PM

20. Soy-sourced foods (tofu, TVP, soy 'milk') will give you moobs.

OTOH, you won't get drug resistant salmonella from a soybean that's been raised in a cage and fed antibiotics its whole life, then pumped full of hypertension-inducing salt solution.

Roll the dice or starve.

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Jul 18, 2012 1:33:48 PM

21. No fake meat for me either, sorry can't stomach that crap.

Posted by: Johnny | Jul 18, 2012 1:59:10 PM

22. http://hilahcooking.com/chick-fil-a-copycat/

Posted by: Chip | Jul 18, 2012 2:01:32 PM

23. I figure if you're going to go to the trouble of pounding the chicken breast, mixing an egg mixture, preparing a bread crumb coating, and getting out a frying pan, why not make a nice chicken cotoletta alla Milanese?

Posted by: BobN | Jul 18, 2012 2:08:13 PM

24. The video would've been a lot better if she'd listed the ingredients for the wet mixture and the dry mixture. Otherwise it's nearly useless.

Posted by: Jon | Jul 18, 2012 2:15:43 PM

25. Teaching fail. She does a lot of talking and her "lesson" is "you dip it in THIS and then THIS". Thanks a lot.

Posted by: MarkUs | Jul 18, 2012 2:28:11 PM