David Beckham | Football | News

BigGayDeal.com

David Beckham Brings Joy to Strangers by Popping Up at Shopping Mall Photo Booth: VIDEO

2_gb_beckham

Shoppers visiting a Team Great Britain photo booth at the Westfield Stratford City not far from the Olympic Stadium were given a shock yesterday when David Beckham appeared from around a corner to take a photo with them.

The reactions — from surprise, to laughter, to tears — are sure to bring a smile to your face.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Becks 3_gb_beckham

Comments

1. Yawn. David Beckham is a highly overpaid do-little who gets a lot of money for simply turning up these days. How much did he get paid for playing for LA galaxy, and what did he achieve?

As for the British fans' reactions, it's sad. They're a bit dweeby in the UK.

Posted by: jason | Jul 24, 2012 8:56:02 AM

2. Uh, he led LA Galaxy to win the national championship.

Go back to preening about the bisexual double standard, you autistic parrot.

Posted by: endo | Jul 24, 2012 9:10:17 AM

3. There are few things more pathetic than a jackass sitting in front of a computer criticizing world class athletes and their fans, and the way that one brings joy to the other. Also, you have people who are excited to see their idol, and a boy crying because he's overwhelmed by the excitement of the situation, and yet you label it as "dweeby" and "sad." I'm sure your friends are JUST as excited to see you, you've brought much more to the world than any of them, and you are in a position to look down on everyone from your Cher-themed tower.

Posted by: Joey Y | Jul 24, 2012 9:11:33 AM

4. Let me know if you know ANY sportmens that is as recognizable as he is in all parts of the world.... He is a great ambassador for sports.

Posted by: Alvin | Jul 24, 2012 9:15:31 AM

5. Despite of what you think of him, he is a huge celebrity in UK and many parts of the world. And I'm not even a soccer fan. For the folks who get to meet him it's the highlight of their life that will be retold over and over again. I don't mind getting a hug and kiss from him either.

Posted by: Wyett Earp | Jul 24, 2012 9:16:37 AM

6. I'm not a fan of David Beckham... but that was all kinds of awesome. For most of those fans, that was one of the biggest moments in their lives, and it was great that David took the time to do that.

Posted by: David in Houston | Jul 24, 2012 9:25:21 AM

7. I wouldn't normally give a toss about David Beckham and I know this vid was designed to play me.
    It worked!
    That was sweet and made me smile from eye to ear.

Posted by: Daniel | Jul 24, 2012 9:34:07 AM

8. Very touching.

When they start giving out championships for being an ignorant ass on the internet, we'll be sure to put you forward Jason.

Posted by: Michaelandfred | Jul 24, 2012 9:45:17 AM

9. You must be a total ogar if you don't tear up a bit seeing that boy be overcome by emotion. Who gives a flying flip if you don't like Beckham, it obviously affected that boy in a profoundly positive way.

Posted by: Michael | Jul 24, 2012 10:00:03 AM

10. So great. Everything I've seen about B makes him seem like a great guy with a decent sense of humor. He loves playing pranks on Ellen. And that little boy's reaction was very touching. He's a big deal to the Brits; and I can't say I wouldn't freak if he walked into a photo booth I was in and I have never watched soccer.

Posted by: AJ | Jul 24, 2012 10:03:18 AM

11. What on earth has David Beckham done for gay rights? He walks around the Earth and gets fawned over by the silly British press for doing hardly anything. If he turned up to the opening of a toilet bowl, he'd get paid handsomely for it and be called a hero for sewage disposal.

He has done little, if anything, for gay rights. The Brits tend to go gaga for these highly paid do-littles.

Posted by: jason | Jul 24, 2012 10:05:47 AM

12. That was very nice thing to do.

Posted by: Matt26 | Jul 24, 2012 10:09:21 AM

13. GET A GRIP. It's a video of a handsome world class athlete giving a fun surprise to his fans. I'll jack off to this video and it'll make it more gay for you, okay??? Sheesh.

Posted by: Don with a D | Jul 24, 2012 10:11:02 AM

14. Jason, do the world a favor and light yourself on fire.

Posted by: endo | Jul 24, 2012 10:11:25 AM

15. Get a grip Jason. Not everything is about gay rights. He has been doing a lot of charitable work. Unicef...MLS Works... just to name two. He also actively works with disadvantaged youths. He lends his name, time and money to a fair few children oriented charities. So what if he has not actively champion gay rights...Grow up Jason...

Posted by: Alvin | Jul 24, 2012 10:26:39 AM

16. David Beckham is not particuarly gay-friendly in my view and, yet, he gets fawned over by Gay Inc. And for what purpose? His looks? Sheesh, that's hardly a good reason.

No wonder we will never achieve full gay rights when we keep falling for looks before substance. A lot of us tend to form our opinions based on sexual attraction rather than substance.

Personally, I'd rather sit on cactus with a skunk for a neighbor than sustain an image of David Beckham.

Posted by: jason | Jul 24, 2012 10:30:51 AM

17. PLEASE. Learn to ignore Jason, Rick (same person), and all the other irritants.

Posted by: Paul R | Jul 24, 2012 10:37:00 AM

18. Yeah, this worked. I'm on Team Becks.

Posted by: michael | Jul 24, 2012 10:37:04 AM

19. Good grief Jason, go crap in your own yard.

Posted by: Kenn I | Jul 24, 2012 10:39:03 AM

20. We will never achieve full gay rights because we have mindnumbingly stupid people like you in our ranks.

And for the record, we ALL wish you'd go sit on a cactus, preferably one as far away from the internet as possible.

Posted by: endo | Jul 24, 2012 10:39:52 AM

21. I love the Brits!!!

Posted by: Guest | Jul 24, 2012 11:01:43 AM

22. He's not gay-hostile either. You see, not everything in the damned world revolves around die-ins.

Posted by: Joey Y | Jul 24, 2012 11:03:09 AM

23. what makes you think he's not gay-friendly (serious question)

Posted by: luke | Jul 24, 2012 11:37:27 AM

24. He seems like an OK guy. But he and his wife bore the hell out of me. I don't get all the attention.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jul 24, 2012 11:55:03 AM

25. Hello!
    I came to make you a little hello and wish you good luck for the continuation of your site.
    See you soon