Comments

1. says

It’s all free-market, we can refuse the right to serve whomever we want until people actively choose to not eat there and it turns out to affect their bottom line. Then it’s “Tolerance is not in their vocabulary. They have no tolerance for those who support the institution of the natural family,” to try to rationalize the significant decline in revenue. You cannot blame people for not wanting to go to places where they are not welcome! This wrath is your own and there is no one at fault but yourself!

2. Craig says

Just a quick question. What is Chick-fil-a’s corporate message right now? I’ll bet it wasn’t intended to be a football between Bryan Fischer and gay groups. Really, really, dumb move on Cathy’s part. Who in their right mind screws up their business like this for something so stupid? What sane business owner does this stuff to his brand identity? What a fool.

3. Enough? says

Are you maybe giving this guy a bit too much exposure? It seems like there’s a post about his latest ridiculous rant every day. At least diversify – there are hundreds of Fischer clones who say equally stupefying things about as often as he does. I love your site but hate seeing this guy’s face.

4. Sean in Dallas says

Boo-hoo the x-tians feel bullied. The biggest bullies in the WORLD right now are feeling bullied.

Good for them! About time they felt some of the heat they are so good at doling out.

5. Nat says

“Let’s have them run out of chickens, let’s send them out behind the restaurant with an ax to cut the heads off of more chickens to feed people because they’re selling so many chicken sandwiches.”

… I think he missed a few steps in turning a chicken into whatever it is that Chick-Fil-A sells as a chicken sandwich.

On a related note: I don’t really understand the American obsession with these stock forms of fast food. I don’t. It seems strange to invest so much into food that is fundamentally terrible for you and is causing enormous damage to your healthcare system through heart disease and type-2 diabetes.

6. Macmantoo says

On another Gay site they’re reporting that Chik-Fil-A is now recalling all of it Muppets toys as being a hazard to children. This is in retaliation of Henson’s Studio dropping them.

7. Jerry6 says

It is OK for Chick-Fil-A to give millions to anti Gay political groups, but Gays cannot do anything to reduce the company’s profits so they will not have as much money to give to the Hate Groups? The Gays are not hurting Chick-Fil-A’s owners income – they are hurting the Hate Groups income.

8. J. Leo says

I no need to boycott them or McD’s or any of these fast food places. I never ate at them in the first place. I, like Nat don’t understand the American obsession with fast food and I AM American. It is unhealthy at best.Chick-fil-A? they aren’t even open on Sundays. LOL!

9. CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON says

I DISAGREED WITH, Bryan Fischer, IN REFERENCE TO HIS POSITION ON Boy Scouts – BUT, Mr. Fischer IS ON POINT WITH, Chick-fil-A.

CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON

10. blue adidas says

Funny how he and people like him claim ownership of the idea of “natural marriage” and “traditional moral values.” Without even touching on the whole gay debate, those arrogant proclamations are laughable. I don’t see him going after adulterers or the divorced population with the same anger.

I have two things to say about this whole thing…
    First, I’ll bet he’s a big closet ‘mo. Straight guys who are comfortable with themselves don’t behave this way.
    Second, I’ll probably still occasionally eat Chik fil A. The chicken is amazing.

11. Mike B. says

Damn right we don’t tolerate narrow-minded homophobia. We don’t tolerating misogyny, segregation, apartheid, slavery, oppression, rape, murder, genocide, arson, robbery, fraud, theft, or other obviously terrible behaviors/policies, either.

12. Mike B. says

ALSO: Traditional Marriage and Family Values as defined by the bible is the property ownership by an old man of however many women and girls he can afford to buy.

13. denison says

I would like someone to question this company as to HOW they think they can get away with selling bacon in their products when at least three biblical verses expressly prohibit it. Isaiah even says that those who do so “will meet a terrible end together.” I’m sure that once they are made aware of the error of their ways they’ll fix the menu.

14. TS says

Ha ha… if the LGBT community was intolerant, we would be pushing for legislation to take away religious tax free status… i hope i live to see that day

15. jeff says

Chick-fil-a has just virtually guaranteed that they will remain a mostly southern fast food chain. Their sandwiches are good, but are really just a very salty, very MSG laden fast food sandwich. I will not miss them. I hope that everyone with a open mind and a tolerant heart will think twice before giving them any money, especially since they seem to have so much more money than they need and have to give money to hateful taliban groups.

16. Simon says

When the bible says not to judge, ‘christians’ say it’s ‘freedom of speech’ or ‘freedom of religion’.

When Christ gave the commandments to love God AND love thy neighbor as thyself as the greatest commandments of all biblical laws, Hate-Fill-AntiChrist organizations like Chick-Fil-A and other ‘christians’ support and vote for many discrimination laws against others and set DOMA as the highest federal laws of all state laws.

When REAL Christians and gays go against the antiChrist antigays, the latter call it ‘intolerant’.

17. says

“Natural marriage”…….that’s a new one on me.

And when did “bigotry” become a traditional moral value ?
    Yeah, we have been way too tolerant of these fascists with their paranoid fantasy complexes.

18. amy says

my friend’s step-mother makes $77 hourly on the internet. She has been out of work for six months but last month her pay check was $19643 just working on the internet for a few hours. Go to this web site and read more >>> Click2go.notlong.com/

19. EchtKultig says

I just don’t get it. Anybody who thinks Chick-Fil-A’s chicken is “amazing” has never eaten in a real restaurant before. It’s a little less disgusting than some other fast food brands, but only just.

20. Paul R says

Andy, your obsession with the AFA and Chick-Fil-A is going overboard. No one with critical thinking skills cares about either, and neither has much influence on gay rights.

21. johnny says

Seriously, it’s FRIED chicken in a WHITE BREAD bun… there’s nothing healthy about this food at all.

You can get a grilled chicken sandwich with whole wheat bread in many other places… much healthier choice.

I stopped buying Chick-fil-a years ago when I heard they were right-leaning christian zealots who questioned their employee’s sexual preferences upon hiring.

22. Dimitri says

Yes Mr. Fischer, go and eat as many of those sandwiches as you can and more for your friends. Eating a deep fried chicken on a bun like that over & over will clog your evil arteries.

23. Jerry6 says

You are absolutely correct, Mr. Fischer. We are VERY intolerant of Chick-Fil-A. Why should we tolerate an organization that brags about financing organizations that are solely in existence to harm homosexual people?

24. Seriously?Y says

I always love when haters are surprised by hate. I wish I could see what this guy does in his own little heart of hearts. Talk about darkness…

25. Sean Westmann says

Ah, so we’re big gay bullies picking on poor little Chicken Fil-A, but it’s OK for his right-wing bitches to boycott Home Depot, Office Depot, & JC Penney for supporting gays. Hypocrisy, thy name is the Republican party. :-(

26. millerbeach says

Maybe we could take up a collection to buy even more of this gut bombs for the bigots in the south to eat…all the sooner they clog their arteries, have a drop-dead heart attack, and have God personally tell them they are not worthy of heaven. Oh, how I wish I could see the shocked look on their faces as they pass eternity in Hell.

27. Babs Gladhand says

Big Gay? Really? While I have no idea WTH Bryan means by that, I really want someone to spoof the song Big Bad John with Big Bad Gay.

It’s amazing how extreme Christians think that when they’re bullying a group, it’s merely them stating their beliefs, but when someone speaks up for equality it’s bullying. What a bunch of nuts.