Blake Shelton | Nature | News

Blake Shelton Brags About Killing a Turtle: VIDEO

Shelton

Voice host Blake Shelton set off a Twitter furor on Friday after he bragged about killing one.

Who would do such a sick thing? Coincidentally, earlier this month, one YouTube user set out to find out. And it turns out, 6% of drivers would swerve out of their way to intentionally kill an animal. Bet Shelton drives an SUV too.

Check out the video (in which no real animals were harmed), AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Killing an animal for the sake of killing an animal.

What a worthless human.

Posted by: kpo5 | Jul 30, 2012 2:44:55 PM

2. I don't understand people who would swerve to kill a turtle or snake, rather than to avoid doing so. I can sort of see it with creatures so numerous that they become a hazard (apparently cane toads are one such species) but still it shows a disregard for life and suffering. It makes you wonder how they would treat vulnerable humans.

Posted by: Randy | Jul 30, 2012 2:52:01 PM

3. Gee, Blake, and the next time I see you on the side of the road, I won't just swerve to avoid running you over. What a f*cking d*ck.

Posted by: jamal49 | Jul 30, 2012 2:53:35 PM

4. I am sure he is a good christian too!

Posted by: Alex | Jul 30, 2012 2:58:34 PM

5. He also posted on twitter it was a joke. He didnt really kill a turtle. So everyone can relax.

Posted by: Johnny | Jul 30, 2012 3:00:09 PM

6. You people are idiots. And what bad journalism.
    IT WAS A JOKE!!!!!!!!! DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!

He even said it was a joke. He jokes about stuff all the time on his Twitter. Of course, now you will all vilify him for joking about killing a reptile. Blah blah blah. You've ALL laughed at something that others find inappropriate so don't be hypocrites.

Also, he's a supporter of gay rights and gay marriage.

Posted by: DJ | Jul 30, 2012 3:04:10 PM

7. Ohhh, pretending to do inhumane things is ok, as long as you add the "just joking" tag. Cause laughing at things doesn't culturally legitimize that attitude or anything. Same as it's harmless to make bigoted jokes and stuff. Right.

Posted by: Linda | Jul 30, 2012 3:17:58 PM

8. Dear Linda,

Please refer to this part of my post, you ignorant, hypocritical dweebazoid (and please pay close attention to the third sentence... that is if you can actually trick your A.D.D. into actually reading something in its entirety)...

"Of course, now you will all vilify him for joking about killing a reptile. Blah blah blah. You've ALL laughed at something that others find inappropriate so don't be hypocrites."

Hearts and love to you

Posted by: DJ | Jul 30, 2012 3:28:37 PM

9. 6% are sociopaths then

taking bets on % of that 6% being repubs

Posted by: say what | Jul 30, 2012 3:32:53 PM

10. also taking bets on DJ being in the Venn Diagram 6% sociopath circle

Posted by: say what | Jul 30, 2012 3:45:29 PM

11. @DJ - Blake apologized and said it was an "ignorant joke"... defending an ignorant joke makes you ignorant yourself.

Posted by: LaLaLa | Jul 30, 2012 3:47:06 PM

12. @DJ Of course I've laughed at inappropriate things. But I try to be aware. I try to improve. I'm certainly not going to say nothing when I think cruelty is being presented as acceptable under the guise of humor. I would stand up for an animal just as I would stand up for a person.

PS I'm working on the ignorance and the hypocrisy. These things take time. Picking on my ADD though, that's just mean.

Posted by: Linda | Jul 30, 2012 3:50:06 PM

13. Just to add some context, the last time we heard about Blake Shelton and Twitter around here, it was when he tweeted "Any man that tries Touching my behind He's gonna be a beaten, bleedin', heaving kind of guy..."

That was also what he called a "joke," but it caused a firestorm and after GLAAD (and apparently the producers of Shelton's show) got through with him, Shelton apologized.

Posted by: bobbyjoe | Jul 30, 2012 3:50:33 PM

14. Dear Linda (uch, again) - I hope you're a vegetarian. Otherwise you're a complete hypocrite. Also, if you really had ADD, you wouldn't have made it that far in the post. (PS - if you say you're a vegetarian, I'm not gonna believe you cuz you'll just be lying to "prove a point").

Dear Say What - total democrat, not a sociopath, just like pointing out when people are being hypocrites (look in the mirror, goober boy). Also, most republicans suck, yes, but there are those that do support us so to call them animal killers is ignorant.

Dear LaLaLa - First off, get a better name. Secondly, not defending an ignorant joke, just the ignorant people trying to vilify someone for making one when we've all supported people at one time who have made ignorant jokes (and laughed at them). Seriously, all, get a life already.

Honestly, people, it's getting so that nobody can say or do anything anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if I sneezed into a handkerchief and then got sued by some random nimrod for cruelty to cotton!

Posted by: DJ | Jul 30, 2012 4:03:26 PM

15. Let me if I can bring this thread to a quick end:

"You're HITLER!"
    "No, YOU'RE HITLER!"

There...we're done.

Posted by: don | Jul 30, 2012 4:10:12 PM

16. all bets finalized

so 83.33% of the 6% socipaths are repubs (5% of driving population)

16.6666% are dems (1% of driving population) and DJ ,regrettably for those that share their life with him, is within this demographic

authorities worn all those that have interactions with DJ to be aware and on their guard of his sociopathic tendencies....though the authorities do mention that the crazy ones tend to be the most fun in bed

:-P

Posted by: say what | Jul 30, 2012 4:12:24 PM

17. Dear Don,
    Hitler? Really? That's the best you can do?
    Though I do commend your cajones in posting what could be seen by many as intolerant and insensitive. I just wish it wasn't in-funny.

Oh, and if you don't wanna read this thread, guess what, YOU CAN STOP READING IT! Welcome to America, land of the free.

Posted by: DJ | Jul 30, 2012 4:15:38 PM

18. Dear SayWhat,

So, criticizing my friends and family instead of dealing with me directly? How Republican of you.

Also... it's authorities "WARN" not "WORN". "WORN" refers to an article of clothing that has been taken off... or perhaps to something old, frayed or tired... like your posts. Please learn English.

And sticking your tongue out at me? Really? I didn't know they let 12 year olds post here.

Posted by: DJ | Jul 30, 2012 4:34:47 PM

19. What do you expect from hick trash? Like someone else said, I'm sure he's a "good Christian" too (rolls eyes).

Posted by: Diana | Jul 30, 2012 5:13:09 PM

20. DJ, also, this is what Don's Hitler reference was about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Posted by: David (chudleycannonfodder) | Jul 30, 2012 5:33:29 PM

21. Dear David,
    Yes, I know he was referring to Godwin's Law. But most of the ignoramouses on this site wouldn't know that and would think he was being an insensitive boob. And really, I'm done with the Hitler thing. It's done and tired.

But I thank you for your diplomacy and maturity in trying to educate. It's people like you that make this site bearable.

Posted by: DJ | Jul 30, 2012 5:44:32 PM

22. Some people have a warped sense of humor.

Intended as a joke or not; It wasn't funny.

Posted by: mytwocents | Jul 30, 2012 6:01:33 PM

23. OK - so I am one of those freak animal lovers who will actually stop in the middle of the road and get out and move a turtle out of harms way. I can't tell you the number of times I've stopped only to find the shell brushed or broken. And yet, the asses that do this won't run over a tin can. Damn! Senseless killing just aggravates me to no end!

Posted by: Mark | Jul 30, 2012 6:07:46 PM

24. See?
    Now THAT was a perfect post. Stated a side to the argument and an opinion without being disrespectful, hypocritical or calling for a stoning.

Bravo, MyTwoCents!

Posted by: DJ | Jul 30, 2012 6:09:35 PM

25. I don't get how saying that could ever be funny. And if you were caught red-handed wouldn't you backpedal and lie and say you were joking? Anyone who would purposely swerve to kill a living thing is a sociopath, plain and simple. And that is not anything worth joking about.

Posted by: AJ | Jul 30, 2012 6:18:11 PM