News

BigGayDeal.com

The Gay Son and the Overly-Accepting Father: VIDEO

Overlyaccepting

Pool Boy Comedy takes a hypothetical look at an overly accepting pro-gay father, though, as we all know, there could be a much more real, nightmarish and common situation — your dad could disown you.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. It could be a really funny idea but is ruined by over-sexualizing children with the phallic references. I knew I was a different kid, but I certainly wasn't obsessed with cocks. Seems like it was probably made by homophobic straight teens.

Posted by: EchtKultig | Aug 13, 2012 1:43:34 PM

2. This was possibly the stupidest Youtube video that I've seen... really. It's not funny at all.

Posted by: Marc C | Aug 13, 2012 1:49:04 PM

3. It is very funny, except those kids seem like over-privileged douchebags, which makes me not relate to them and makes me dislike them. I LOVE the way the dad says Cock.

Posted by: Andy | Aug 13, 2012 2:09:18 PM

4. I guess it's supposed to be funny. I didn't really catch the humor.

Posted by: john patrick | Aug 13, 2012 2:15:12 PM

5. Thank you Ech, Marc, Andy & John, I watch for about a minute before turning it off.

Posted by: Maverick69 | Aug 13, 2012 2:33:27 PM

6. In the 80's, in my early 20's, my BF at the time and I took my mom and step dad dancing at the gay bar after taking them out to dinner for their anniversary. My mom has also told the Jehovah across the street off.

Posted by: QJ201 | Aug 13, 2012 2:33:31 PM

7. More often than not straight people acting like Gays and trying to be funny about it is tired and dated. This is one of those times. Blech.

Posted by: Billy | Aug 13, 2012 2:33:52 PM

8. I'm not sure if I've ever watched a short that was well-intentioned, self-entitled, and unfunny. What a mess.

Posted by: Cinesnatch | Aug 13, 2012 2:44:39 PM

9. Beyond Gay Comedy. Interesting.

Posted by: John Normile | Aug 13, 2012 2:53:44 PM

10. the over - use of ORAL inuendos was a Tad much

Posted by: Disgusted American | Aug 13, 2012 3:01:54 PM

11. I prefer Catherine Tate's, "Have you heard about our John? He's a gay man, now."

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Aug 13, 2012 3:44:10 PM

12. Not funny.

Posted by: Rob | Aug 13, 2012 4:38:40 PM

13. What is it with this generation? They love gay pride and marriage, but appear to be afraid of sex. It's masked in many comments but is quite obvious -- no sexual imagination either.

Posted by: Josh | Aug 13, 2012 5:39:37 PM

14. Terrible amateurish and not very funny (I did like the fact the gay son had a picture of NY Met hottest player David Wright on the wall)

Posted by: jaragon | Aug 13, 2012 6:21:01 PM

15. @ DASTIUS KRAZITAUC- yes yes YES!!! LOL I love those!!!! there's one where it's a scenario similar to the one above (sorry, guys, well-intentioned [I hope!], but largely unfunny) where Catherine Tate, playing the Irish Republican mom, outs her son to the granny- while everyone is exchanging Christmas gifts- too funny!

Posted by: scott | Aug 13, 2012 7:09:57 PM

16. The dad was younger that the son. They should've looked for help to make a little more realistic. Not funnier because they also need someone in the script department too.

Posted by: SayTheTruth | Aug 13, 2012 8:34:42 PM

17. Dull, insulting and not the least bit funny.

Posted by: andrew | Aug 13, 2012 9:33:12 PM

18. Not funny.

Posted by: John | Aug 14, 2012 12:29:14 AM

19. They misunderstand a fundamental fact about comedy. It's often funny when there's a genuine element of truth behind the joke, even if stereotypical. This doesn't have any of that. This skit suggests a situation that no one really believes could happen.

Posted by: belo | Aug 14, 2012 5:36:31 AM

20. i enjoyed it... guess i'm the one in twenty in this one...

Posted by: Patrick | Aug 15, 2012 1:37:25 AM

21. I can't believe anyone found this offensive. It's the same joke as Tate's "Have you heard about our John" and the BGSS PFLAG mom skits. It's hilarious and ironic. The over the top, raunchy "cool" dad is a well-established caricature. The only difference is that the father is attempting to live vicariously through/bond with a gay son.

Posted by: Jason | Oct 14, 2012 8:11:06 AM