Hurricanes | News | Republican National Convention | Republican Party | Stephen Colbert

BigGayDeal.com

Stephen Colbert Explains How the Gays Created Hurricane Isaac to Destroy the GOP Convention: VIDEO

Colbert

Stephen Colbert took on the Republican National Convention and the coincidence of Hurricane Isaac last night:

Added Colbert: "So clearly the liberal gays out there planned the storm by gaying it up extra hard someplace."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I wish.

Posted by: kit | Aug 29, 2012 8:49:08 AM

2. "Hurricanes form from rising moisture created by hot steamy man action aboard a gay Caribbean cruise. When that sin gets high enough it makes the angels cry and those tears fall to earth in the form of massive precipitation because homosexuals are a vital part of the water cycle. That's why the gay symbol is a rainbow!"

Wow! Steven Colbert said that? Until I read the attribution, I thought it was classic explanatory word salad bigotry from Sarah Palin!

Great work Steven! Sorta makes me want to whip up a hurricane! Any takers?

Posted by: Mitch | Aug 29, 2012 8:58:28 AM

3. This explanation is probably not that far off from what some rabid right religio-wingnut probably already believes.

Posted by: johnny | Aug 29, 2012 9:04:10 AM

4. Ha ha ha ; that explanation of meteorological events is so true ! But how dos it establish Pat Robertson's claim the we also caused 9/11 ?
    Maybe the gays powers extend beyond atmospherics ?

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Aug 29, 2012 9:27:21 AM

5. "This explanation is probably not that far off from what some rabid right religio-wingnut probably already believes."

I agree.

NPR had a clip from some show where a character contradicted a friend calling him a conservative - he said that no, he was a liberal because he believed that hurricanes were caused by barometric pressure, not by gays.

Posted by: Diogenes Arkitos | Aug 29, 2012 9:28:30 AM

6. @ Diogenes Arkitos: You got this wrong. This clip, which was from Aaron Sorkin's HBO show "The Newsroom," actually contains a character saying that he is NOT a liberal--he is a "registered Republican; I only *seem* liberal because I believe that hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure and not gay marriage."

Posted by: Thomasina | Aug 29, 2012 10:34:35 AM

7. Although it is well-known that gay action causes atmospheric disturbances, Mr. Colbert is the first to give scientific credence to the exact operative causes. Still he did miss the particular reason for the start of this hurrican season which was Rufus Wainwright's marriage to Jorn Weisbrot up at Montauk last week. Connect your dots Steve.

Posted by: UFFDA | Aug 29, 2012 11:17:09 AM

8. Gay sex is indeed hot.

Posted by: anon | Aug 29, 2012 12:03:43 PM

9. More proof that God is gay, ok bi.

Posted by: Mike | Aug 29, 2012 12:18:36 PM

10. Colbert over the top funny as usual.

Posted by: andrew | Aug 29, 2012 12:34:11 PM

11. Making gays a "vital part of the water cycle" and tying in the rainbow symbol?

And

"There's no way God would punish the Republican party. We know they're not gay, after all, they doth protest it so much!"

Classic. That's why I love this show so much- Colbert and his writers are some of the best satirists working today.

Posted by: Caliban | Aug 29, 2012 12:55:21 PM

12. Damn I love this guy so much... truly one of the geniuses of our generation. Although I have this to say-

How can we believe that? Too much science, not enough scripture. I know in my heart how a hurricane forms.

Posted by: maddM@ | Aug 29, 2012 1:32:36 PM

13. @Thomasina: Thanks. I figured I'd probably screw it up. But I think that's "low" pressure.

Posted by: Diogenes Arkitos | Aug 29, 2012 1:38:28 PM

14. @Diogenes Arkitos: Not according to world-renowned meteorologist Aaron Sorkin:

Seriously, though, you need a combination of high pressure AND low pressure to exacerbate a hurricane; the high-pressure air gets pulled into the low-pressure storm center and accelerates the wind speed. And then I think the two barometric pressures get gay married.

Posted by: Thomasina | Aug 29, 2012 4:14:59 PM

15. If the American Taliban thinks we have such special powers, why do they keep pissing us off ?

Posted by: plaintom | Aug 29, 2012 9:52:43 PM