Democrats Add Prominent Women to Convention Speaking List Including Baldwin, Ledbetter, Duckworth, Longoria

A number of prominent women have been announced as speakers at the upcoming Democratic National Convention, Politico reports:

BaldwinAmong the speakers are Wisconsin Rep. Tammy Baldwin, the openly gay Democratic Senate candidate; Illinois congressional candidate and Iraq war veteran Tammy Duckworth; Maryland Sen. Barbara Mikulski, the longest-serving female senator and Nancy Keenan, who heads NARAL Pro-Choice America.

The speaker who may draw the most media attention: actress Eva Longoria, who is a national co-chair of Obama's campaign.

Sandra Fluke, the Georgetown student who has been a surrogate for Obama since her showdown this year with Rush Limbaugh, is also on the list, as are Montana Superintendent of Public Instruction Denise Juneau and Caroline Kennedy, the daughter of the late president.

Also to speak are Planned Parenthood president Cecile Richards and Lilly Ledbetter.

Comments

1. Dback says

Gabby Giffords, you idiots. GABBY GIFFORDS!

She’s a former Democratic Congresswoman from Arizona (a swing state) who was shot while giving a speech to her constituents (gun violence survivor), and her life was saved by her openly gay Latino aide. If that’s not a headline-grabber, I don’t know what is.

2. Mikey says

DBACK

It’s a good suggestion, but does she even want to? Do we want to parade her around like some prop? She is retired, if I remember correctly.

3. Dback says

If Giffords doesn’t want to appear/speak at the convention, I’d completely respect that; however, if she’s willing, the Dems would be fools not to take her up on it.

Longoria will be a pip, though–I’ve underestimated how witty and sharp she is in the past,and she’s proven me wrong. She was on “Real Time With Bill Maher” a couple months ago and took no prisoners. If she ever decides to enter politics proper, look out.

4. Rick says

Wow, a real, honest-to-goodness Pander-to-the-Pu$$y-fest. Why doesn’t the Democratic Party just get it over with and officially prohibit white males from joining the party altogether (effeminate queens wouldn’t have to worry about being banned since they have no male identity to begin with, in the first place)?

5. Mikey says

Rick, there are ten women listed. How many men will be speaking? You’re as bad as any homophobe, to pretend women are lesser than. What a true scumbag notion.

6. Gregoire says

Rick, I’ve never read somebody so fearful of the vagina as you. Look here comes a vagina. BOO!

7. ChristopherM says

DBack, I saw Eva on Bill Maher, and I have to agree she was quite smart and articulate.

Rick probably plans on being in Tampa next week so he can troll Craigslist to service all those closeted guys who will then go and vote to keep him from having any rights. At least that will spare us from his bigoted nonsense for a few days.

8. BEAHBEAH says

Well Rick, there are more women in this country than men. Women vote more than men. And they also are more likely to vote Democratic than men. So tell me exactly why they shouldn’t have multiple women speakers?

9. MateoM says

Sounds like Rick’s nightmare: powerful women and out-and-proud gay men making a difference and having equal importance. Rick/Jason/Ratbastard’s is just seething with jealousy and anger.

10. Derrick from Philly says

‘Rick probably plans on being in Tampa next week so he can troll Craigslist to service all those closeted guys…”

Nope. It won’t happen…can’t happen. Rick has already admitted on this blog that he is the same age as I am. And nobody wants 54 year old stuff. Nobody–not even folks who are 84 years old want old stuff. So, it won’t happen. Not unless he’s carries his debit card with him.

11. Mel says

Rick is 54??!! and I think he admitted also that he wasn’t very attractive…

Derrick that explains it ALL…

12. Rick says

“Vaginas have teeth”

No, they just look disgusting, smell even more disgusting, periodically squirt massive quantities of disgusting fluids, are subject to disgusting yeast infections…..and are attached to generally whiny, annoying, overly talkative, irrational, exceedingly moody beings who have no understanding of men, whatsoever (real men who actually identify as men, I mean, not women with penises–you know who you are).

That about covers it.

But somebody tell me–am I actually on a gay blog where gay men are suggesting they are fans of the vagina? (Oh wait, now I get it, the ones doing so don’t want to have contact with a vagina any more than I do……they just wish they HAD one of their own and their pseudo-womanly sensibilities are deeply offended at my total insensitivity….LOL)

13. Rick says

“Rick has already admitted on this blog that he is the same age as I am. And nobody wants 54 year old stuff. Nobody–not even folks who are 84 years old want old stuff. So, it won’t happen”

Here’s my secret, Derrick. I have a “young face” and “know the ropes” in the Muslim countries where there are lots of sex-starved, truly hot young guys just dying to get laid….and when I wrap a T-shirt around my head to cover the gray, I can pass for 39 and get what I want.

You should try it some time–if you ever manage to get farther than New Jersey (LOL)

14. Mel says

so you have to go to poor countries and prey on young guys…no doubt you “service” them…so let’s see…old, ugly, submissive and a predator….text book self-loathing homosexual…it won’t end well for you Rick. sorry mate.