Charlie Rogers | Nebraska | News

BigGayDeal.com

Nebraska Woman Who Said She Was Attacked, Cut at Home to Be Charged with Faking Anti-Gay Hate Crime

Charlie Rogers, a Lincoln, Nebraska woman who said late last month that three men broke into her home, tied her up, carved 'dyke' into her stomach and the tried to set her home ablaze will be charged with fabricating the attack, NBC News reports:

RogersPolice said they interviewed Rogers on four separate occasions. Now, police said, because of inconsistences in her various accounts of the attack and forensic DNA evidence, a warrant has been issued for her arrest.

There was no apparent struggle in the room where Rogers said she was attacked on her bed, the warrant for her arrest says, which also described the bedspread as appearing “neat” and “evenly placed on the bed.”

“There was no apparent blood on the bedspread; even though Ms. Rogers reported she was rolled on to her stomach after she had been cut on her arms, abdomen, chest and front legs while being held down.”

Forensic tests of Rogers’ bedding at the University of Nebraska Medical Center found no traces of blood.

Additionally, the FBI sent photos of the cuts on Rogers to a coroner’s physician for Lancaster County, who consulted with Dr. Michelle Elieff, a forensic pathologist. According to the warrant, Elieff said Rogers’ cuts appeared to be self-inflicted.

Other evidence did not hold up either. Police are expected to arrest Rogers today.

Said Rogers in an interview shortly after the alleged attack, which prompted vigils which hundreds of people attended:

"The idea that people think it's a lie is so hurtful. It's understandable. Intellectually I understand that people have a hard time wrapping their heads around what happened. So do I. But I'm a person, with feelings, with concerns. It's just so...it feels like a punch in the stomach. Like a betrayal, instead of the focus being on safety, healing...I'm not a pawn in a game. I'm a person."

UPDATE: Rogers has been arrested.

Charlie Rogers was arrested after meeting with investigators Tuesday afternoon. The Omaha World-Herald reports Rogers appeared in court Tuesday and pleaded not guilty to the charge of false reporting. Her attorney, Brett McArthur, told the paper “To go through such a tramatic (sic) experience as she has been through and now be accused of a crime has made this even more difficult.”

Comments

1. Way to go idiot! Like the LGBT community needs this!

Posted by: Paul | Aug 21, 2012 6:10:30 PM

2. WTF!!!!

Posted by: Mickey | Aug 21, 2012 6:15:26 PM

3. OH FOR GOD'S SAKE. Another one!? If this is true then she is an absolute disgrace. These faked attacks do HUGE damage to the LGBT community. I think she is probably suffering from some kind of mental illness.

Posted by: DanSwon | Aug 21, 2012 6:19:52 PM

4. RICK..RICK...RICKKKK....!!!

Posted by: Alejo | Aug 21, 2012 6:21:32 PM

5. Clearly the woman has psychological problems. Internalized homophobia among them. Hopefully they will get her help.

Posted by: Heartsleeved | Aug 21, 2012 6:29:09 PM

6. Like Rick, she seems to be a sad pretending to be a lesbian. Rick pretends to be gay though.

Posted by: Alejo | Aug 21, 2012 6:29:42 PM

7. Well cr*p. To be honest I suspected this might be a hoax for several reasons. The crime was elaborate and dramatic but it didn't seem to do much actual damage. The graffiti was very carefully done, not a rush job, and it was in the basement instead of ruining the walls of the living area. Etc.

But I wasn't going to say that in comments because I calling "Fake!" and then it later turn out I was wrong.

I know mental illness must play a part in these hoaxes- people so desperate for attention they do these things- but does it never occur to them how much damage it does? It distracts from the real hate crimes, minimizes their impact, makes it harder to get authorities to take them seriously. IDIOTS!

Posted by: Caliban | Aug 21, 2012 6:34:31 PM

8. The straight community doesn't have a corner on mental illness...and this just might be proof. Then again...who knows who this woman sleeps with? And quite frankly, who cares.
    Medicate her quickly!

Posted by: PAUL B. | Aug 21, 2012 6:39:58 PM

9. Lets set the movement back and give our haters more ammo. Bravo you stupid _________ (enter words of your choice)

Violence is not going to help our cause. Lying is not going to help our cause.

All this is going to do is fuel the fire of those against us.

Posted by: justin | Aug 21, 2012 6:42:25 PM

10. The second I read this story I knew she was full of it.

Posted by: Tony | Aug 21, 2012 6:48:34 PM

11. my first thoughts here were very similiar to others posted here.

i think it's important as a community not to call FAKE! so easily. yes she was harmed and yes she was attacked, but i'm willing to wager that her "attacker" was her own mental illness, assuming she has one.

as someone who has dealt with mental health issues on intimate levels, you would be shocked at what the unhealthy mind can do.

police may charge her with a crime, but we should not be so quick to judge without all the details.

Posted by: KDNA | Aug 21, 2012 7:08:39 PM

12. What if her story is true and there is a conspiracy to paint her a fraud as part of the heterosexual agenda?

Posted by: MikeNOLA504 | Aug 21, 2012 7:20:06 PM

13. There's a lot of disturbed women out there in middle America. They fake their interest in sex, they fake their orgasms, they fake their "bisexuality"...is there an end to their faking?

Posted by: jason | Aug 21, 2012 7:26:49 PM

14. ^ Deep, deep sigh.

Posted by: Mikey | Aug 21, 2012 7:30:23 PM

15. Huge, HUGE surprise! lol. And now where are all the people that were BERATING anyone as a "self-hating queen" among other idiotic things, who dared point out the obvious on this story when it first broke (http://www.towleroad.com/2012/07/nebraskahomeinvasion.html)? No where to be seen, of course. Everyone here who had their eyes open and more than 2 brain cells to rub together could see this was a fake from the beginning.

Totally disgusting. The gullible rubes who were not only taken in by this farce, but who flew into a deranged tirade at anyone who questioned it should be ashamed of themselves.

Posted by: Blake | Aug 21, 2012 7:37:09 PM

16. This lesbian is too ugly for men to want. Many lesbians & homos fake hate crimes for sympathy. They should make it a crime to do sex change mutilations. Homo/lesbian sexual behaviors are comparable to drug junkyim. Most gay bashings are men reacting to crimes the gay 1st did.

DRUGS ARE GAY. That is fact just as it's fact that Black Crack Lesbian Pam Spaulding farts and shits.

Posted by: snowisfun | Aug 21, 2012 7:39:33 PM

17. Also, I masturbate with a crucifix because my dad taught me that it's the best way to get really close to Jesus. While defecating, because Jesus defecated while on the cross.

Posted by: snowisfun | Aug 21, 2012 7:46:23 PM

18. injuring oneself and then lying about it for sympathy and nurturance is a psychiatric illness known as "factitious disorder." almost all patients with this behavior suffer from other illnesses, such as personality disorders, mood disorders, psychosis, etc.

Posted by: jesus christ | Aug 21, 2012 7:48:07 PM

19. I'm sorry, it is not okay that your mental illness caused you to harm our community.

Posted by: Watcher | Aug 21, 2012 7:54:37 PM

20. This is the new Hetero Agenda. Fake getting gay bashed enough times that when it happenes to a real gay person, no one will believe them.

Posted by: Edd | Aug 21, 2012 7:56:54 PM

21. Just goes to show that there's enough crazy to go around for everyone, regardless of the political consequences.

Posted by: Seattle Mike | Aug 21, 2012 7:57:19 PM

22. To the poster who is trying to imitate me, you are proof drugs are gay. 1st of all, I'm not a Christian-I'm not even a religious person so don't have crucifixes.

You homos are proof that drugs are gay. Homo/lesbian activities are comparable to drug junkyism. What I say about truth about homo/lesbian actvities being comparable to drug junkyism is fact just as it's truth that Pam Spaulding is a Black Crack lesbian who farts & shits. Transexuals are worse than homos-make it a crime to do sex changes. If it can be predicted an unborn baby will be homo, lesian or transexual, then go ahead and abort. Abort the homos & transexuals. DRUGS ARE GAY just like Methew Wayne Shepard.

Posted by: snowisfun | Aug 21, 2012 7:58:50 PM

23. You'll have to forgive me. I have split personalities. I keep trying to smash 'em back together with this crucific I keep lodged up my naughty parts, but the truth is I'm just addicted to sniffing household cleaners. It doesn't count as drug junkyism though because it's not really a drug, unlike you gays who are drugs so being gay is drug junkying.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to dildoing myself. With a crucifix.

Posted by: snowisfun | Aug 21, 2012 8:15:06 PM

24. Poster imitating me Snowisfun @ 8:15:06 PM must be the homo masturbating with Crucifix so he is proof that DRUGS ARE GAY, unless she is a lesbian playing with Dildo as crucifix so DRUGS ARE LESBIAN as well.

That poster proves gays and lesbians are like this lesbian who made false accusation that they have to resort to defamation. Whoever it is that's imitating me, most gay bashings are men reacting to crimes he homos 1st did. Abort unborn homos and transexuals.

Posted by: snowisfun | Aug 21, 2012 8:20:42 PM