News: Lindsay Lohan, Bigfoot, Frank Lloyd Wright, Travolta

RoadOnion: Gay Marine beaten to bloody pulp to fire up RNC crowd.

RoadHRC urges California Governor Jerry Brown to sign bill banning gay "conversion therapy".

RoadFamily Equality Council releases 'Family Values Platform' as alternative to the anti-gay condemnations of the Republican Party platform.

WrightRoadLandmark spiral Frank Lloyd Wright house threatened with demolition in Arizona.

RoadLindsay Lohan banned from Chateau Marmont over $46,000 unpaid bill.

RoadGay conservatives party at Homocon in Tampa: "There's that obvious question — why support a candidate who doesn't want you to get married? Most folks hanging at Homocon said things weren't perfect, but their identities were bigger than one thing. They didn't want to hide from being conservative."

RoadMarriage equality bill introduced in Tasmania.

RoadDid Ann Romney's RNC dress have an anti--Obama subtext? "Michelle has ignored de la Renta to the point where he has expressed some grumpiness about her style choices, even admitting that he was 'dying of jealousy' when she wore a Peter Soronen dress to the Governors Ball in 2010."

RoadBishop targeted for leading the Methodist Church toward LGBT inclusion: "Bishop Talbert’s call for what he called “An Act of Biblical Obedience” on May 4 has now resulted in letters from opponents of LGBT equality asking the United Methodist Church to censure Bishop Talbert. A handful of other bishops who stood with Bishop Talbert have also been targeted by the anti-LGBT group."

RoadDaniel Craig, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Seth Macfarlane to host Saturday Night Live.

RoadPush and Shove: No Doubt's new single.

HuntleyRoadAnti-gay NY state Senator Shirley Huntley arrested on corruption charges.

RoadJohn Travolta's alleged former lover continues spilling to the National Enquirer: "Referring to the last time they saw each other in 1992, the former pilot claimed John admitted he still fancied men, despite recently marrying current wife Kelly Preston. He told the publication: 'We were making small talk when suddenly, I blurted out, ‘So, John, tell me. Now that you’re married, do you still prefer men – or women?’ He looked me straight in the eye and said, ‘Well, Doug, I still prefer men!' I said, ‘okay.’ And that’s the last time we saw each other.'"

RoadSF Eagle Tavern gets new gay tenants.

RoadOhio authorities arrest arsonist who burned gay-friendly church. "The State Fire Marshal's Office said Tuesday that Donald Williams made statements incriminating himself in the Aug. 17 fire at South Bloomingville Christian Church. The 36-year-old Williams has been housed on a probation violation since Aug. 21 at the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail in Nelsonville where records don't list an attorney for him." UPDATE: Man claims he did it as revenge because someone assualted him there last year.

RoadSeptember 21: A Day with HIV.

RoadPrince Harry to make first public appearance since Vegas party weekend.

PerryRoadKaty Perry, is that you?

RoadMichael Musto has some thoughts on Republicans and gay self-loathing.

RoadJustin Bieber enjoys hitting his friends in the nuts.

RoadMontana man hit by two cars while attempting Bigfoot hoax: “According to his companions, he was out there in the ghillie suit attempting to incite a sighting of Bigfoot, to make people think they had seen a Sasquatch."

RoadBackpack containing vial of Pope John Paul II's blood stolen in Italy, then recovered.

RoadNYC City Hall hammer attacker says he went after Spanish tourist for calling him a gay Nazi: "They called me ‘gay’ and a ‘Nazi,’" the attacker told cops, according to documents released Tuesday in Manhattan Supreme Court. “Something inside me snapped and I grabbed the hammer and attacked the male. This is not my demeanor. I am ashamed that this altercation occurred. This was clearly not the correct reaction.”

Comments

1. That Onion article is too close to the truth to be funny.

Posted by: lazycrockett | Aug 29, 2012 3:45:47 PM

2. "Their identities [are] bigger than one thing," but they still find that "one thing" to be big enough to organize around and throw events for, just not big enough to leave the party over. Talk about cognitive dissonance.

Posted by: bbg37 | Aug 29, 2012 3:48:27 PM

3. I've never heard "grubs" before used for gay Republicans until that Musto column. Love it!

Posted by: endo | Aug 29, 2012 3:57:50 PM

4. Lazycrocket beat me to it. It sounds real.

Posted by: Butch | Aug 29, 2012 3:59:00 PM

5. Gay republicans are victims of the 2 party system. Its quite possible to be a fiscal conservative and even somewhat socially conservative and gay. The problem is that to actively support a party that hates your existence is very stupid and means you value money over your very being. Best option? Dont vote or donate at all.

Posted by: Rovex | Aug 29, 2012 4:00:09 PM

6. I was about to say a vial with the Pope's blood in a backpack was a little weird but then I reminded it's the Vatican.

Posted by: Syrax | Aug 29, 2012 4:01:53 PM

7. I too read the onion article and thought what a gross exaggeration. But many people at the convention are well aware that gay people are often targeted for violence, yet the RNC continues with the gay is evil, shameful, and correctable nonsense that fuels the violence.
    I much prefered the article defended regarding things that should never be said aloud will be repeated frequently at the convention.

Posted by: Jonny | Aug 29, 2012 4:05:52 PM

8. Glad to see that cow, Shirley Huntley, taken down. I hope they throw the book at her corrupt, fat @$$.

Posted by: jamal49 | Aug 29, 2012 4:24:01 PM

9. Arizona must be going nuts not save this Wright house! Something should have already been in place to put it on the Historic Preservation and Landmark plan...what the hell is going there?

Posted by: VDUFFORD | Aug 29, 2012 5:15:11 PM

10. The GOP beating up the gay marine joke is both in bad taste and not funny- those Homocom people are idiots.

Posted by: jaragon | Aug 29, 2012 5:22:34 PM

11. Even Methodist Priests are on our side.

Religion isn't our enemy.

We need to show the people who support us, support.

Posted by: "The Gay" | Aug 29, 2012 5:26:57 PM

12. The republicans current make over of 'Betty Crocker' scares me! The fact the she claims she calms Mitt down is a joke! His energy comes of like a turtle trying to cross a highway at rush hour.She got to be over doing the Adderall when baking those Irish cookies.

Posted by: VDUFFORD | Aug 29, 2012 5:33:34 PM

13. Of COURSE our identities are bigger than one thing but you silly Logs aren't correlating that the "marriage" thing is indictive of a much larger NON-Conservative trend in that party. Just being a conservative doesn't mean you should be part of the GOP. They are in more bedrooms than just ours people. Man they make my blood boil. Take a look at spending stats between this administration and the prior "conservative" administration and then tell me who acts more conservative these days.

Posted by: Opinionated | Aug 29, 2012 5:54:42 PM

14. I think Ann romney took a swipe at the gays, and the dnc platform, by saying she and mitt were in a REAL marriage

Posted by: rick scatorum | Aug 29, 2012 6:28:38 PM

15. Why should anyone listen to a Mormon Hausfrau?

Posted by: simon | Aug 29, 2012 6:53:55 PM

16. @rick scatorum

When you take her words in context, I don't think she was refering to gay marriage.I do think she opened the door to a good rebutal, however: just because gay marriage isn't "storybook" marriage, doesn't mean it isn't real marriage. After all, as Ann Romney said, real marriages- and the people who participate in them- aren't perfect; they shouldn't be dictated to us by some book of old stories.

Posted by: Steven Harrell | Aug 29, 2012 8:55:17 PM

17. Why should anne romney or the republicans care if her speech included a shot at marriage equality.

The party platform shows that they have no interest in getting the votes of sane "queer" individuals.

Posted by: Blake | Aug 30, 2012 12:38:12 AM

18. The first time I saw The Onion article, I did not take note of its source and I did not have much trouble believing it was possible.

Posted by: Blake | Aug 30, 2012 12:39:50 AM

19. The first time I saw The Onion article, I did not take note of its source and I did not have much trouble believing it was possible.

Posted by: Blake | Aug 30, 2012 12:39:53 AM

20. I don't really have anything bad to say about Katy Perry, she's good at what she does (entertain people) and I like her energy, but does anyone else notice that her eyes have no expression whatsoever? It's very strange and distracting.

Posted by: Winston | Aug 30, 2012 1:16:52 AM

21. ""Their identities [are] bigger than one thing," but they still find that "one thing" to be big enough to organize around and throw events for, just not big enough to leave the party over."

Pretty much, yes.

I try to sympathize with gay Republicans, and I simply cannot. I regard myself as a liberal in the full sense: I base my values system on the primacy and autonomy of the individual. So I am sympathetic towards those in the LGBT community who's values do not entirely sync with progressives.

However, I cannot respect those who vote for a party that is so fundamentally against the personal rights that I view as sine qua non to personal freedom. There may come a day when it is acceptable for someone in the LGBT community to vote for the Republican Party, but it is not in 2012. Vote for the Democrats, vote for a third party that supports our rights, or don't vote at all. But do not support a party that will block our rights at every given turn.

Posted by: Nat | Aug 30, 2012 2:52:06 AM