Iceland | Music Video | Russell Crowe

Patti Smith And Russell Crowe, Blowing Minds In Reykjavik: VIDEO

PattiRussell

Russell Crowe's a busy dude. He's in Iceland at the movement to shoot a film called Noah, but yesterday he took a break from his on-camera work to perform not one, not two, but three brief rock'n'roll concerts around Reykjavik, perhaps in celebration of Reykjavik's annual "culture night."

He was joined onstage by his friend, the musician and actor Alan Doyle, and during his latter two appearances Patti Smith made a cameo, driving the crowds into a totally justifiable frenzy. AFTER THE JUMP, see Smith join Russell and Doyle in the intimate bar at the KEX Hostel, performing "Because The Night." Patti's godlike.

Comments

1. A rock goddess, indeed. Chills.

Posted by: Linkmaxbub | Aug 19, 2012 12:16:31 PM

2. I'm actually getting a little excited over Les Mis, in large part because of Crowe. Hopefully it'll help resuscitate his career a bit. He's an amazing actor who's in desperate need of some juicy roles (so I can watch them :p).

Posted by: R | Aug 19, 2012 12:29:27 PM

3. Okay, I just checked out IMDB and saw that he's filming with Darren Aronofsky, in a lead role.

I take it all back. He's already got a guaranteed juicy part coming up.

(All that said, I'm perplexed Darren Aronofsky would make a film about the Old Testament's Noah.)

Posted by: R | Aug 19, 2012 12:41:28 PM

4. Ooh I can't wait to see Crowe as Javert in the 2012 Les Miz film! Saw the trailer---woof.

Posted by: Nat | Aug 19, 2012 1:11:33 PM

5. Patti Smith is amazing. As much as I enjoyed her new album, I really can't wait for another book from her. Just Kids was so great.

Posted by: Thomas | Aug 19, 2012 1:19:31 PM

6. I can't believe I once thought Russell Crowe was sexy.

Posted by: Jase | Aug 19, 2012 1:20:36 PM

7. She is amazing. I can never understand why people shout and sing over a voice like that! I just want total silence so I can take it all in. What a gift.

Posted by: mike128 | Aug 19, 2012 1:46:01 PM

8. Trivial observation: Crowe is going commando. FYI.

Posted by: michaelofthegreen | Aug 19, 2012 2:18:46 PM

9. Love her now more than ever.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Aug 19, 2012 2:46:14 PM

10. amazing - gave me chills. and i don't care what anyone says - mr. crowe is still sexy. a lil' age on him works.

Posted by: kyle | Aug 19, 2012 3:45:31 PM

11. Outstanding ! At the wee age of 19, and when 'because the night' was on constant radio play, this former farm boy attended his first concert ever. An eye-opening experience for sure, and one I'll never forget.

Posted by: BillinSonoma | Aug 19, 2012 3:46:03 PM

12. Not just godlike. Patti Smith is among the living gods.

Posted by: Conyers Thompson | Aug 19, 2012 5:06:17 PM

13. is that jackson on the guitar?

Posted by: jw | Aug 19, 2012 10:14:19 PM

14. well-known designers who are keen on creating latest designer bags to suit the style of every woman.

Posted by: cheap jordans | Aug 19, 2012 11:45:45 PM

15. Wow, Patti is still amazing. Talk about aging gracefully.

Posted by: Jack M | Aug 20, 2012 8:00:16 AM

16. This is made even better for me because I have been listening to Patti all morning!

Posted by: Nick | Aug 20, 2012 1:13:18 PM

17. JW, that's Alan Doyle.

Posted by: Craig S | Aug 20, 2012 1:41:55 PM

18. Russell Crowe has been doing some rather creative roles in the past few years. Last fall he appeared in the CBC Detective series called "Republic of Doyle" which is set and filmed in St Johns, Newfoundland with a very good looking, buff Canadian actor Alan Hawco.

Posted by: Darrell | Aug 20, 2012 2:05:44 PM