Lucy Spraggan | Music | News | X-Factor

Lesbian Songwriter Brings UK X-Factor Audience to Its Feet: VIDEO

Lucy_spraggan

Lucy Spraggan, a 20-year-old singer-songwriter from Sheffield, UK, is the latest sensation to hit the UK X-Factor stage, and brought an audience to its feet over the weekend with a song she wrote about drinking called "Last Night".

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Spraggan is out and proud. She told The Mirror: “My mum loves gay people, she thinks she’s part of the cool club now...X Factor must do wonders for your love life. Girls do love girls with guitars.”

Comments

1. A song about drinking? My, how rebellious. Gee, how original.

Sorry, darling, but the lesbian-with-a-guitar routine was done years ago by Melissa Etheridge. You're at least 20 years behind, sweetie.

Posted by: jason | Aug 28, 2012 9:59:30 AM

2. Internet troll is trolling.

(As ever.)

Posted by: Jeffrey in St. Louis | Aug 28, 2012 10:02:32 AM

3. I thought it was clever. I found myself listening intently to the words. I laughed several times. Not every often can someone sing there own stuff and get that kind of reaction. I look forward to hearing what she does next

Posted by: justin | Aug 28, 2012 10:32:05 AM

4. I thought it was clever. I found myself listening intently to the words. I laughed several times. Not every often can someone sing there own stuff and get that kind of reaction. I look forward to hearing what she does next

Posted by: justin | Aug 28, 2012 10:32:07 AM

5. Sounds like Jason must have been scorned by a lesbian playing a guitar.

I thought she was great.

Posted by: Kevin | Aug 28, 2012 10:39:55 AM

6. It's always great to see talent recognised! What a great, natural performer and what a witty songwriter she is.

Jason, you need to expand your horizons, fella! If you think this is what lesbians playing guitars usually looks like, you've exposed your ignorance of both British social song writing AND lesbians with guitars! I know you come here to find other peoples' parades to rain on as a way to help you get through the ennui of your own meaningless existence, but do please try to make an effort.

Posted by: Andrew W | Aug 28, 2012 12:10:30 PM

7. Jason: be a man.

Posted by: Alejo | Aug 28, 2012 12:13:01 PM

8. That was sweet but they stand for everyone basically :p

Posted by: TONEZ | Aug 28, 2012 12:46:20 PM

9. I'm no Flo Nightingale, Jason, but f'cryinoutchrist, take a pill ya little pill.

Posted by: DeeVee | Aug 28, 2012 1:25:59 PM

10. Clever writing and well done. Def not standing ovation worthy tho. You can't force a Susan Boyle moment haha.

Posted by: bd | Aug 28, 2012 1:28:48 PM

11. Clever and fun, and I'd buy it as a single.

Posted by: Randy* | Aug 28, 2012 4:56:42 PM

12. God Jason bores me. He must be so talented to rip into a stranger for her genuine efforts.

Posted by: ST | Aug 28, 2012 7:30:25 PM

13. Ah! She's wonderful, endearingly coy, and knows how to sell a song... Count me in! Loved her!

Posted by: Dr. C | Aug 28, 2012 7:31:46 PM

14. my co-worker's mom makes $60 hourly on the computer. She has been without a job for 6 months but last month her check was $20751 just working on the computer for a few hours. Read more on this site >>> Goo.gl/189kz

Posted by: james | Aug 28, 2012 7:36:05 PM

15. Would viewers of X Factor know she's lesbian, or do you have to read The Mirror?

Posted by: Randy | Aug 28, 2012 11:26:51 PM

16. What a terrible panel of judges.

I have no idea who the white girl is, Mel B is pure, dumb trash, Gary Barlow is so far up his own arse and Louis Walsh is too old to know what's happening with styles and trends any more.

What a pathetic show !

Posted by: Icebloo | Aug 29, 2012 4:06:59 AM

17. Funny! She's definitely talented. I checked out another song of her's called "Tea & Toast" (the vid was of her on a couch). It was great, and whew...gave me a strong emotional reaction I wasn't expecting.

Posted by: C | Aug 29, 2012 7:50:21 AM

18. Well done! Hard to wrap the audience around your little finger in just a few seconds - but you did it. Fun, clever song. Hope you have more up your sleeve!

Jason, next time, why no limit your first-post snark to "First" and call it a day? We'll know you've been here and at the same time be saved from your trolling negativity.

Posted by: Mitch | Aug 29, 2012 7:58:34 AM

19. By the way, the track has already been pulled from Amazon. I guess they don't want her to make the big bucks on her own.

Posted by: BJ | Aug 29, 2012 1:59:14 PM