2012 Election | Gay Marriage | News | Tony Perkins

Tony Perkins Says DNC With 'Small Minority' Supporting Gay Marriage: VIDEO

CNSNews

Conveniently ignoring national polls showing a majority of the nation supports marriage equality for same-sex couples, Family Research Council president Tony Perkins claims the Democratic Party, in contrast to the GOP, is aligning itself with a "small minority" of people who back same-sex nuptials.

"I think this is the year of contrast. This is the year of contrast when you look at the party platforms. The Republican Party has very strong language as it pertains to natural, traditional marriage," Perkins told CSN News at the Republican National Convention.

"The Democratic Party [is] going the way of a very small minority in this country and embracing same-sex marriage, which undermines the 32 states that have voted on this – the 30 states that have constitutional amendments. I think that's in your face to those states that have constitutional amendments."

Watch video of Perkins' remarks, via On Top, AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. I hope one day the TSA finds his dildo and tapes it to the outside of his suitcase.

Posted by: Jack M | Aug 30, 2012 11:17:16 AM

2. an old white man who is completely disconnected from reality.

He'll be dead soon and society will move forward leaving his bones in the dust.

Posted by: dc20008 | Aug 30, 2012 11:26:41 AM

3. Tony-spreading his brand of Christian Love-
    What does your god say about lying Tony?
    I will wait for the rewrite with bated breath.

Posted by: nick | Aug 30, 2012 11:42:36 AM

4. Enjoy your evangelical smugness while you can, Tony.

Your defeat and take-down is looming on the horizon.

Oh, uh, Tony? Pray to your suckable jesus that our paths never, ever cross.

Posted by: jamal49 | Aug 30, 2012 12:02:17 PM

5. That's not what the data show, Tony. But don't let facts get in the way of your efforts to scare and manipulate.

Posted by: The Milkman | Aug 30, 2012 12:31:26 PM

6. Anti-gay Christian Tony Perkins and his hate group called the Family Research Counsel are a bunch of Nazis pushing their lies and propaganda and if they get their way they will round up LGBT people and put them in concentration camps and murder them like that mad man Hitler and his gang of Catholic Nazis did.

Posted by: Mike | Aug 30, 2012 12:33:40 PM

7. I've always thought it funny that he shares a name with one of Hollywood's most notorious homosexual actors.

Posted by: Gregoire | Aug 30, 2012 1:35:57 PM

8. RELIGION destroys lives! Denounce these religious zealots as often as you can.

Posted by: Dustin | Aug 30, 2012 1:51:50 PM

9. war on religion? no more like, war that religion starts and keeps starting with any group that doesnt buy into their BUY-BULL

Posted by: HEAT | Aug 30, 2012 1:52:53 PM

10. The photo says CNS News, not CSN, neither which I have heard of. Anyone can hold a microphone in someone's face and let them spout off whatever nonsense they want unchallenged. Let's hope that a real journalist will call them on this crap and not let them get away with their lies.

Posted by: David | Aug 30, 2012 4:13:58 PM

11. @David, according to the website for CNS News, they have been around since 1998 and are devoted to exposing "liberal bias" in the news. Their parent organization is the right-wing Media Research Center headed by the right-wing L. Brent Bozell.

Posted by: Robert K. | Aug 30, 2012 8:03:45 PM

12. If we're going to have Tony Perkins on to talk about gay marriage, we should have the Grand Wizard of the KKK on to talk about how they think it is having a black president.
    Are you people f*ckin' nuts? Why are we putting hate group leaders on T.V.???

Posted by: Sam A | Aug 30, 2012 9:13:34 PM

13. @DC2008: I am an "old white man" who voted for Obama in 2008 and will do so again in 2012.I take offense at your using race to characterize those you disagree with. I am proud that I am white, I am proud that I am gay and I am proud that I am an Obama supporter and not just because he is half white.

Posted by: andrew | Aug 30, 2012 11:01:30 PM

14. Unlike a solar day, which uses the sun as a reference and lasts an average of 24 hours, a sidereal day uses fixed stars as a reference and is nearly four minutes shorter.

Posted by: luxury watches uk | Aug 31, 2012 5:21:59 AM