Gay Marriage | Iowa | News | Zach Wahls

BigGayDeal.com

Zach Wahls Heads Out on Iowa Marriage Tour: VIDEO

Wahls

Zach Wahls is headed out on a tour around Iowa sponsored by LBGT rights group One Iowa to talk to Iowans about why marriage matters.

Writes the group:

"Zach will be joining us in Council Bluffs, Sioux City, Mason City, Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Dubuque, and Davenport. He will be speaking at churches, town halls and house parties across the state."

Zach talks briefly about his trip, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I know I'm shallow. I freely admit it. But Zach is hawt with the beard.

Posted by: Joseph Singer | Aug 15, 2012 8:53:32 PM

2. I'm gonna adopt a daughter, just so's she can marry that kid!

Posted by: Kile Ozier | Aug 15, 2012 9:06:35 PM

3. Thanks Zach!!! Wassup with the beard? It didn't exist when we saw you in SF and Chicago..is this he new look? Hey!! This is our first look into Iowa..never been there! Thanks again our friend..perhaps with your help we will able to get married here in Ohio before we are in a nursing home!!! Big hugs..Jim and dave

Posted by: Jim Stone | Aug 15, 2012 9:07:59 PM

4. This is a nice, smart and caring young man. His parents should be proud.

If only all people were as intelligent and caring as Zach the world would be a great place !

Posted by: Icebloo | Aug 15, 2012 9:47:29 PM

5. I know that I'm gonna get some undeserved hate from some of the pathetic, cluessless middle-aged queens around here, but I am really getting tired of Zach Wahls hogging the limelight as "Super Straight Ally." There are a lot of other guys (and gals) who are admirable straight people who are fighting for equal rights for the GLBTQ "community", but they don't get as much attention as Zach because they aren't as cute or sexy or photogenic. Look, I like Zach and wish him well, but I'd like to see some other straight allies get some attention at Towleroad, too, even the ones who don't look as great as Zach in their underwear!

Posted by: TANK | Aug 15, 2012 10:15:05 PM

6. TANK you sound ignorant. Seriously ignorant.

Posted by: DrJWL | Aug 15, 2012 11:07:48 PM

7. @Tank, Your original premise is incorrect. The dislike (hate) is not undeserved.

Posted by: Clueless OLD queen | Aug 15, 2012 11:18:50 PM

8. @Tank, Your original premise is incorrect. The dislike (hate) is not undeserved.

Posted by: Clueless OLD queen | Aug 15, 2012 11:18:51 PM

9. @Tank. First, Zach isn't just an "ally"- he was raised by lesbians, so gay marriage is especially important for his family. Second, if other straight allies want to stand up and do all of the work that he has done, I am sure they'd get the attention. Third, when has he ever posed in his underwear? I am not sure what you're talking about, although I do agree that looks are the least important thing in judging the quality of spokespeople for our (or any) cause.

Posted by: Mark | Aug 15, 2012 11:31:10 PM

10. @TANK - ....zzzzzZZZZZzzzzzz....

*snorts awake* Oh, well... great appreciation for Zach and all his efforts! That guy has put an incredible amount of hours of his own life into Marriage Equality, and ending the discrimination in the BSA. He's awesome!

*looks at TANK's post again* ...zzzzzZZZZZzzz....

Posted by: Oz in OK | Aug 15, 2012 11:42:04 PM

11. TANK, it's not just gay people who are superficial and judge by looks. I think Zach is an excellent spokesman for straight allies. But mainly because his advocacy comes from his life, and from his heart.

Posted by: EchtKultig | Aug 15, 2012 11:50:37 PM

12. TANK - you mean well, sure, but as you have nothing to add just shut up.

Posted by: UFFDA | Aug 16, 2012 2:07:52 AM

13. The horny bitches for Zach have spoken !

ROFL

Posted by: LITTLEKIWI | Aug 16, 2012 2:21:19 AM

14. Little Kiwi, thank you for making a post that at least has some logic and coherence to it (unlike the posts above yours from some bitter and jealous Tank haters). I agree with you; any time Andy posts anything about Zach, all these much older queens climb out of every nook and cranny and praise him to the high heavens as though he were the second coming of Gandhi or Albert Schweitzer or Edith Cavell, even. And while I myself find him cute and think he is a great ally, I just think that his frat boy good looks are a big part of his appeal... and he knows it, too. Just keeping it real, guys, which is what Tanks does in his life...

Posted by: TANK | Aug 16, 2012 3:35:13 AM

15. Oops... in that last post, I meant to say, "as TANK does in his life." I don't refer to myself in the plural... yet, LOL!

Posted by: TANK | Aug 16, 2012 3:36:06 AM

16. Votre blog est très bonne, je l'aime! Merci pour votre partage! Votre blog est vraiment aide dans ma recherche et j'aime vraiment it.I arrêt biseaute juste la lecture de ce. Son si froid, si plein d'informations que je ne savais pas.

Posted by: magasin new era | Aug 16, 2012 4:38:46 AM

17. Every allies count, be it straight Zach or uterus-carrying Zeta. Maybe TANK can give us updates on the allies that he knows of.

Posted by: Malaysian Ho | Aug 16, 2012 4:43:41 AM

18. Very interesting post! I agree every allie does count wherever they come from!

Posted by: escorts in cheshire | Aug 16, 2012 6:40:59 AM

19. oh yum!

Posted by: allan | Aug 16, 2012 7:17:31 AM

20. I had the pleasure of meeting Zach a couple weeks ago. He was articulate while speaking before a crowded room, and perfectly poised and articulate while carrying on individual conversations. That fact that he is so young (just turned 21, I believe) just blows me away. He is wise beyond his years, and I am so thankful that he is fighting for all of us. Thank you, Zach. Your moms did a good job!

Posted by: John | Aug 16, 2012 7:46:23 AM

21. Just run for office already so we can vote for you :-)

Posted by: Steven | Aug 16, 2012 8:38:42 AM

22. Tank has had nothing good to say about Zach or really any other gay ally. Tank is a typical self hating gay who has one foot in the closet and one foot out. Any man who calls other gay men queens and belittles the gay community and our supporters has more issues than w have time fr on here. Get help tank. You camping out on a gay blog wont resolve your deep rooted issues with being gay and the gay community, which is thriving with millions of members. Millions.

Posted by: Art Smith | Aug 16, 2012 9:04:19 AM

23. Hey Tank
    I got a question for you, which will probably help reaffirm my thoughts on you being a blazing homophobe...
    Why do you put the word community (in relation to LGBT) in quotation marks? I have yet, in my 20 years of being openly gay and a proud member of this community met someone who put LGBT community in quote marks and didn't have some serious ill will about us. Eeryone of you who resent us being a strong community are usually the most homophobic individuals one can come across, all while you'll say 'i cant be a homophobe, I have sex with the same sex' ...
    Yes, LGbT community sure does exist. As does our pride. Our rainbow flags and our pillars of equality.No quotes needed there

Posted by: Sheila | Aug 16, 2012 10:23:40 AM

24. Thanks Zak!

Posted by: Jim | Aug 16, 2012 10:39:00 AM

25. Tank : please share the pictures of Zach in his underwear... I will join your crazy protest if you show them to me!
    =D