Downton Abbey | News | Television

A New Downton Abbey Trailer is Here: VIDEO

Downtownabbey

And it features a moment of gay intrigue.

The new trailer for Season 3 (which starts in the UK September 16), AFTER THE JUMP...

(via omg)

Comments

1. I. Can't. WAIT!

Posted by: Josh | Sep 6, 2012 11:44:29 AM

2. "gay intrigue"?

Looks more like gay peeping Thomas to me.

Posted by: Kurt | Sep 6, 2012 12:01:55 PM

3. Aw. Looks like Thomas gets his heart broken. :-(

I can't wait for this to happen! I'm suddenly not sorry summer is over. :-)

Posted by: MT | Sep 6, 2012 12:12:50 PM

4. Looks awesome (although enough already with Scala and the Kalacny Bros choral covers to underscore trailers).

Posted by: chris | Sep 6, 2012 12:13:08 PM

5. OMG surely Rick and I are both most uncharacteristically clutching our pearls.

Posted by: UFFDA | Sep 6, 2012 12:30:24 PM

6. @Uffda - Would you mind tossing a strand over here?

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Sep 6, 2012 12:36:35 PM

7. MIKE - clutch what you can, in Alaska try some old trade beads, Russian blues will do nicely. best...

Posted by: UFFDA | Sep 6, 2012 12:40:50 PM

8. Can't wait. Sadly the last season Maggie Smith will be on.

Posted by: Matt26 | Sep 6, 2012 1:09:37 PM

9. I hope that Thomas does not end up with the short end of the stick again, because he has not faired well in the prior two seasons.

Otherwise, I like the show as a whole.

Posted by: Blake | Sep 6, 2012 1:21:32 PM

10. I hope Thomas ends up with the long end of the stick, LOL! It might make him less tense!

Posted by: Jack M | Sep 6, 2012 1:31:04 PM

11. Looks like Bates gets out of jail! HOORAY! I LOVE this man! Bates for President!

Posted by: throwslikeagirl | Sep 6, 2012 1:42:47 PM

12. "Nothing succeeds like excess" is totally out of character for old money.

Except for Springsteen's "Born in the USA", Lou Reed's "Perfect Day" is probably the most widely misinterpreted song of the last 50 years. "You're going to reap just what you sow" is not a happy thought.

Posted by: bcarter3 | Sep 6, 2012 1:45:48 PM

13. In the case of this show, I think the "Perfect Day" irony is intended, BCarter3. (And I believe the Maggie-Smith-is-leaving rumor was refuted)

Posted by: chris | Sep 6, 2012 2:07:54 PM

14. Mike in the Tundra - there's some rather marvelous Canadian Jade up your way - a string of spinach green jade would do for some keen clutching.

Posted by: Geo | Sep 6, 2012 2:52:43 PM

15. @Chris I think you're right about this particular case. I should have made it clear that I was making a general observation about the song, not about its use in the ad.

Posted by: bcarter3 | Sep 6, 2012 3:34:16 PM

16. A 'gay intrigue' that is soon going to turn sour apparently. I wish they would allow Thomas to be happy a bit, OR if they don't want to because he's a meanie, get another gay character.

Posted by: G.I. Joe | Sep 7, 2012 6:12:35 AM

17. I confess, I'm addicted to this series. I too want Thomas to end up happy and maybe get a personality transfusion at the same time. Writers! Give him a man!

Posted by: John Simpson | Sep 10, 2012 2:15:22 PM