Comments

1. jason says

Choose to love? Oh my, what a stupid comment from Booker. Our sexual orientation is NOT a choice, Mr Booker. The type of person we settle down with IS a choice (because it involves the values we choose to adopt) but our sexual orientation is NOT a choice.

2. Darkly says

Sorry, but I didn’t have any problem with his wording. He didn’t say that we choose our sexual orientation. He said we choose who we love. And we do. He was stating things in their broadest terms, admittedly for rhetorical effect. I dunno. It worked for me.

3. Andrew says

Very proud of Mayor Booker. He has given hope to Newark when everyone gave up on it. He builds bridges where other politicians built barriers. He runs a black majority city but has support from all races. I’m sure we can expect to see more of Cory, possibly as Essex County Executive or the US Senate.

4. david says

A wild troll matures as people continue to dedicate their attention to its every movement. In turn, those people can let out their frustration against the real people that the troll resembles. It is a fine balance of nature I guess.

5. bravo says

I am in love with Cory Booker. Did you see him on Henry Louis Gates’s PBS ancestry show with Congressman John Lewis? I dare anyone to watch that episode without bawling.

6. daws says

Jason, it’s really annoying (really, really annoying) when people like you attack the people who are supporting us. Seriously, get a damn grip. He didn’t mean it the way you took it. You’re being too sensitive.

7. MateoM says

You guys, Jason the Republican troll is going to troll extra hard to find things to attack the dems on, such as wording. He just wants to incite arguments and distract us all. And it’s working. Just ignore him and he’ll disappear.

8. andrew says

@Jason: Booker’s speech was inspirational. Why do you keep posting on this site? Everyone knows what your motives are and long ago concluded that you are an a$$hole. What comes out of a$$holes like you? S*it!!!

9. Miguel R says

All of you taking offense at what he said. Listen, just because you are gay, doesn’t mean that I am in love with you. I CHOOSE to love my partner. That isn’t the same as my orientation, my preference for men.

10. AJ says

A- Jason is a Troll. Ignore it and it goes away.

B- Mayor Booker PLEASE run for President. I swear every single time I see this guy speak I get chills and he’s only a Mayor. He is incredibly eloquent and moving. He is the sort of politician the Dems need to get them fired up.