Comments

1. Alan E. says

I’m glad Ellen kept repeating the name of the business. That alone is a fantastic way to pump up business. I hope that people in the area will make a longer trip to get their cars repaired because of this.

2. Bob says

God Bless Ellen and God bless Quality Auto Paint and Body in Roanoke Virginia. I have family living there and I am so glad they could help this gay College student fix his car after the hate crimes that damaged it. This is proof that there are good Christians in Virginia that are helpful to gay Virginians like myself. If only more good gay supporting Christians would come out of the closet and help make this world a better place for us all.

3. antb says

Great to see this story again. I sent Richard Jr. an email after I read the first one, and he went to the trouble to reply with a note thanking me for thanking him! The guy is a class act all the way around. Kudos to Ellen for bringing them both on.

4. JB says

Someone keyed the word HOMO on my friend’s new Porsche in his condo building (with secure parking) – fortunately it was still under warranty – but still. People who do this are such cowards.

5. billyWingartenson says

Great peple – espeically the mechanic

I had a mechanic who did great work at reasonable prices. I kind of didnt see the stars and bars in his office / shop

Until in 2008, I asked him (good old southern baptist boy, one of 13 kids in his family)
    What he thought about Hillary vs Barack before the convention / primaries

his answer – “what are my choices – a woman or a nixxer

I bot a new car and sold hte old junker to a guy who cuts them up and sells the parts.

Welcome to America – the civil war is like the Korean war – not ended, just an armistice.

And all the BS about Obama is directed at people like my former mechanic. rednecks.

6. TooBoot says

I would like to think that Humanism was behind this act of kindness. Who knows, it could have any number of beliefs that made this man do this, but the fact that he felt like it was the right thing to do because discrimination of any kind didn’t sit right with him sounds like a Humanistic endeavor. This brought a tear to my eye. He is the model for what I strive to be in my life.

7. lee says

I think your generosity and understanding is above and beyond belief. I would like to thank you for being a true American. I am heterosexual, but believe you have done the right thing and helped further the dream of our forefathers, who masterminded this dream.

8. Onnyjay says

Hugs to all involved here (except, of course, the vandals). Never had such damage done to my car, but long ago someone wrote “Facket” in the dust on the trunk lid. I thought the misspelling was so stupidly funny that I left it there till the rain washed it away.

9. @z0mKi says

@Frank I completely agree! I noticed that too and felt so proud when she said the words FAG and DIE. These hateful words need to be heard as they convey the hate people experience every day.

10. DannyEastVillage says

This story made my day–my week! The gay kid is adorable and the kid who did the work is a true hero.

I can’t help wondering what the good “christian” folk of Roanoke think of this act of generosity. I wouldn’t be surprised if it has been denounced from some pulpits. In some ways the story resonates beautifully with the Parable of the Good Samaritan.

11. Fahd says

Yeah, now she’s all with the big checks. Where the hell was Ellen when Prop 8 was on the ballot and eventually successful in California. She didn’t give a dime. Ellen’s not all that. Talk to the people she used to know on her way up.