Man Arrested for Anti-Gay NYC McDonald’s Razor Blade Attack

A 44-year-old man from the Bronx has been arrested for a gay-bashing razor blade attack that took place last week at a McDonald's in New York's West Village known for its outbreaks of violence. The man arrested reportedly became enraged when the victim's girlfriend, who is transgender, tried to use the women's bathroom.

RazorThe NY Daily News reports:

Keith Patron, 44, of Morrisania, was charged Monday with assault as hate crime, police said.

The attack occurred about 7 p.m. Wednesday at the W. Third St.
McDonald’s that has been the site of three other assaults, including one
other gay bashing, over the last 18 months.

Police said the latest violence erupted when the slasher began an
expletive-laced taunt of the victim’s partner, Jalisa Griffen, 22, who
was waiting to use the women’s bathroom.

“The guy started calling us f——, saying he can’t stand gay
people,’’ Griffen said. “The insults were directed directly at me. My
boyfriend said, ‘This is my girl.’”

The victim got angry, telling the suspect, “You see, that’s how people get into trouble,’’ a police source said.

Patron attacked the couple after they left the restaurant.

Comments

1. Bob says

This is proof that the anti-gay Christian hate group National Organization for Marriage are using blacks to do their dirty work by harming LGBT people and the blacks they use end up in prison while the NOM anti-gay Christians who get these black fools to do their dirty work sit back and watch. Southern Christian KKK Slaves Masters doing it again to the blacks.

2. Yupp says

The trannie involved in the case looks like she could REALLY swing a punch, though. If anyone saw the pic he’ll agree. The lesson here is for people to be careful in that McDonald’s. I know we get hungry late at night, going home, but…

3. Derrick from Philly says

Hi, Brian:

Actually, the comments have been rather tame so far. And we know why. Take a look at the victims.

Steve76’s comment is typical “just put my dentures in– now let me visit Towleroad” fare.

Bob’s comment is downright hilarious “the White preacher made me do it!” explanation.

Jason is on some other discussion thread ranting about the evils of Blacks and women (I guess White women?).

Sometimes the crazy b.tches start of the day of commenting at Towleroad.

4. Brian says

Thanks Derrick, I made that comment a couple of hours ago when it was a new story, so I am pleasantly surprised that this doesn’t seem to be going anywhere. Yes, I guess the victims don’t attract the crazies, at least not yet.

5. Anders says

As previously stated, that particular McDonald’s is bad news at all times of day/night. stay away if you know what’s good for you. That place needs to be shut down. I can’t eve walk down 3rd St without being harassed by the losers who hang out there. Enough is enough.

6. says

99.999999% of homophobic attacks have been done by black and brown men recently. But we as a community have to pretend there’s not a MAJOR increasingly problematic issue in those two communities, because some people are gonna get their poor feelings hurt. F-CK THAT. Too many gays are actually getting hurt based on cultural homophobia in specific groups that isn’t addressed!