2012 Election | Lady Gaga | Maryland | Mitt Romney | New York | News | Religion | Serbia | Tech

News: Quincy Jones, Belgrade Pride, Tiger Mauling

1NewsIcon Serbian MP Dragan "Palma" Marković says that the Belgrade Pride Parade meant to be held on October 6 has been cancelled for "security reasons," which is a euphemism for "institutionalized homophobia".

Watson1NewsIcon IBM's super computer Watson may soon enter the virtual cloud to answer all of mankind's many, many questions. Well, that's the plan, at least.

1NewsIcon Adam Lambert opens up about his work with Marylanders for Marriage Equality: "I hear a lot of arguments against [marriage], where [activists] say, 'We should be focusing on economic issues and not human rights issues, for the election.' There's some value in that. But I also think, 'You know what? This is an economic issue for gay people. We should have the same right as a straight couple to have a tax exemption..."

1NewsIcon Dutch teen and her family escorted to undisclosed location after a viral Facebook invite brings 30,000 to her sweet sixteen.

1NewsIcon Expect more questions about Mitt Romney's 2011 tax returns, because the Democrats already smell manipulation, like the under valuing of charitable donations to maintain tax levels.

1NewsIcon Lady Gaga's a busy lady, but she recently took time for her number one fan.

QuincyJ1NewsIcon Legendary music producer Quincy Jones thinks rumors about his sexuality are absolutely ridiculous: "Man, this is the biggest age of haters I have ever seen in my life. I’ve been called a blonde-lover, a pedophile, gay, everything. I don’t care, man. Imagine my daughter being engaged to Tupac and me trying to make love to him? And I’m not into no men, man. I’m a hard-core lesbian. Are you kidding? All my life, all my life."

1NewsIcon Get your tickets now: Todd "legitimate rape" Akin and Newt "Cry Baby" Gingrich are going to campaign together for Akin's senate campaign in Missouri.

1NewsIcon Juvenile fashion icon Tavi Gevinson and James Franco bonded over being both freaks and geeks. "I did meet James Franco once and I said I was a big fan of Freaks and Geeks and he was like, 'So are you a freak or a geek?' And I was like, 'I'm kind of both' and probably went into my life story, which he probably didn't care about, and he was like, 'Yeah I feel like I'm both too sometimes.'"

Autumn1NewsIcon Celebrate Autumn by making some apple bread.

1NewsIcon From UrbanFaith.com: "Brian Hughes is conflicted about the president’s gay marriage stance as well, but as an employee at the local GM plant, he gives Obama credit for saving hundreds of jobs in the area."

1NewsIcon New York police plan to arrest a man who was mauled by a tiger after climbing over a fence at the Bronx Zoo. The man says he wanted "to be one with the tiger," but the zoo says he was trespassing.

Comments

1. Gotta love Quincy Jones' answer to the gay rumor: "I’m a hard-core lesbian." lol

Posted by: sparks | Sep 22, 2012 6:11:58 PM

2. Quincy went on to call this the "age of the markass marks, trickass marks, punk bitches, and skip skaps, skanks, and scallywags...hoes, heffers, he ha's, and hulyhoops."
    Just kidding Quincy. Love you. Just watched "Out of Towners" again last night, and I remembered how much I love your soundtracks.

Posted by: Miguel R. | Sep 22, 2012 6:17:30 PM

3. Memo to Mr. Brian Hughes, quoted on UrbanFaith.com: what affects your life more? The fact that you have a job, or the fact that somewhere, someone you don't know might get married to a person of the same gender? If you reallly have any conflict over that, you have a serious problem (now I realize why this country has serious problems). And the funny part is, voting Republican might have denied those damn gays some rights, but you would be out of a job. Just vote your economic interest. If you're working class, it isn't hard to figure out the plutocrat is against you.

Posted by: SoLeftImRight | Sep 22, 2012 6:46:52 PM

4. It's interesting how Quincy says "I’ve been called a blonde-lover, a pedophile, gay, everything.", then felt the need to further explain how ridiculous the notion that he could be gay is, but didn't feel the need to express how ridiculous it would be for him to be a pedophile. Absolutely ridiculous indeed.

Posted by: Robert Ellison | Sep 22, 2012 7:01:42 PM

5. I was appalled that Quincy Jones used the words "pedophile" and "gays" straight after each other in the same sentence. The man is a moron. I wonder if GLAAD is going to call him out on it. It's a form of defamation of gay people.

As for Quincy's comment that he's a lesbian, yeah right. To be a lesbian, you have to be a woman. You're no woman, Quincy.

Posted by: jason | Sep 22, 2012 7:02:58 PM

6. Quincy's so cool

Posted by: Nick | Sep 22, 2012 7:17:34 PM

7. Um, did someone say "mankind" ? Here we go!:

"Mankind barely noticed when the concept of massively organized information quietly emerged to become a means of social control, a weapon of war, and a roadmap for group destruction.... Hitler and his hatred of the Jews was the ironic driving force behind this intellectual turning point. But his quest was greatly enhanced and energized by the ingenuity and craving for profit of a single American company and its legendary, autocratic chairman. That company was International Business Machines...."

Posted by: Iban4yesu | Sep 22, 2012 7:18:16 PM

8. 3,000........NOT 30,000

Posted by: Reppin2 | Sep 22, 2012 7:28:17 PM

9. The really creepy thing about Quincy Jones is that he felt compelled to further deny the notion that he's gay. Meanwhile, the pedophile accusation did not appear to require a further denial.

It's as if Quincy thinks being gay is worse than being a pedophile. The man is a complete and utter buffoon. Great producer, horrible person.

As for Quincy's sexuality, I don't fully believe his denial. I think he's bisexual at the very minimum. Keep in mind that Quincy produced for Michael Jackson, one of the biggest frauds when it comes to sexuality and the hiding thereof.

Posted by: jason | Sep 22, 2012 7:30:32 PM

10. That poor tiger.
    Can you imagine the shock of feeling safe, with all those great big animals behind bars and barricades and then, suddenly, one of them jumps into your home out of nowhere?

Poor thing.

Oh, and I'd feel exactly the same way if he'd killed the jerk.

Posted by: enough already | Sep 23, 2012 9:41:59 AM

11. OK, Romney, you undervalued your deductions to raise your tax. Previously you said that if someone paid more taxes than he owed, he wasn't fit to be president. How about conceding the election now and save us some grief?

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Sep 23, 2012 1:14:51 PM

12. I made the apple bread this weekend. It is DA BOMB!!!!

Posted by: Chris | Sep 24, 2012 2:20:17 PM

13. Will Smith !

Quincy Jones, Quincy i am so tires to send somebody with ID.
    Sandra Bullock ! Sandra i am waiting here please come so tired. Quincy Jones waiting. Quincy waiting. So tired please somebody with your ID. Waiting.

Kevin Costner ! Kevin i am waiting so tired because of the journey, strong tired trip i am waiting for you please come. Could you tell the others too i am waiting in Santa Monica and Brentwood. Tired. Please come with ID or send somebody with an ID.

I am (CDDP ) from Germany and i am at that time checked in a HOTEL DAYS INN SANTA MONICA 3007 Santa Monica, CA 90404 ( 310 ) 829-6333. Could you send sombody to tome to you. And to send sombodz with your ID Pass to show me zou send the guy. I am waiting in Santa Monica. you can send a guy to Restaurant SOUTH in Wilshire Coffee and Starbucks Coffee in Santa Monica and Brentwood and look at the street at me. But somebody to wait in SOUTH in Wilshire Coffee Restaurant and Starbucks in Wilshire Boulevard Santa Monica and Brentwood and look at me and wait. I checked in the Hotel Days Inn Santa Monica 3007 Santa Monica Blvd. Santa Monica, CA 90404 ( 310 ) 829-6333. Could you tell Quincy Jon..... i am here to send somebody i am waiting, Norah Jones, Alicia Keys, Mariah Carey, Kevin Costner, Stephen Spielberg, Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Oliver Stone, Wes Craven, Clint Eastwood, Jack Nicholson, Sandra Bullock, Kirsten Dunst, Barack Obama and Michelle Obama, Georg W. Bush, Selena Gomez, Miranda Lambert, Liv Tyler, Steven Tyler, Willow Smith, Jaden Smith, John Cena, Miley Cyrus, and, Carrie Underwood and one of the guys i am here and sombody to come and wait to come with you. I am waiting to show me the ID to know to come from you. You can find me in the Restaurant SOUTH Wilshire Boulevard Santa Monica, SOUTH, Starbucks Coffee Wilshire and Brentwood somebody to wait. I am today there and waiting at that time in Days Inn Santa Monica 3007 Santa Monica, CA 90404 ( 310 ) 829-6333. Days Inn Santa Monica 3007..... . Somebody come and to wait for me. Will. Quincy. I checked in Days Inn 11 O'Clock i have to leave Days Inn Santa Monica, checked in since yesterday 1 am and i am waiting Will, Kevin, Quincy, Sandra, Kirsten, Tatjana, Jaden, Willow, Barack, Michelle,..... i am waiting please send somebody with ID to come to you. I am waiting. Will to tell one of the guys and all the other guys the name not listet to come i am waiting.

Posted by: Guest Quincy | Nov 23, 2012 11:50:50 AM