Harry Styles | I'm Not Gay | Louis Tomlinson | News | One Direction

BigGayDeal.com

One Direction's Louis Tomlinson Lashes Out Over 'Bulls**t' Gay Rumors

TomlinsonOne Direction's Louis Tomlinson lashed out over Twitter after a follower brought up a nickname ("Larry Stylinson") that fans have created suggesting he's in a gay relationship with bandmate Harry Styles.

Said the follower: "Funny that no matter what happens they will never deny Larry."

Tweeted Tomlinson: "Hows this , Larry is the biggest load of bullsh*t I've ever heard. I'm happy why can't you accept that." Adding: "Still months on reading ridiculous conspiracy theories.It's upsetting that I have to read them daily. Thank god for the lovely people on here"

Comments

1. "It's upsetting that I have to read them daily"

No you don't. It's simple: don't go online and read your Twitter feed. Don't go to gossip sites or message boards and don't Google your name or your horrible "band"'s name either.

Ah, I get it, you then wouldn't have the ego stroke of people kissing your ass, the upside to the mean tweets.

Damn kids today with their technology.

Posted by: Henry Holland | Sep 17, 2012 10:07:18 AM

2. Why do people think of close male friendships as "gay"? The people who refer to close male relationships as gay are very confining, restrictive people. They want to label and categorize everything. Honestly, I think they have a mental illness.

Also, these people are not very gay-friendly. They use the word "gay" as an accusation. There is bile in their words. It's not a gay-friendly use of the word at all.

Larry was right to react as he did. Again, I am sick and tired of those who wish to force an identity crisis onto men who have close physical friendships with each other.

Posted by: jason | Sep 17, 2012 10:13:44 AM

3. In my previous post, I meant to say Louis in the last paragraph, not Larry.

Posted by: jason | Sep 17, 2012 10:14:57 AM

4. The One Direction fans are crazy. It would be one thing if they were having fun with this bromance, but some of them have resulted to attacking Louis' girlfriend through social media and any other way that they can, and when his mother tried to defend her, they went on a rampage against her too. Too many people are wrapped up in their own made up realities, and don't know anything about boundaries.

Posted by: cadence | Sep 17, 2012 10:18:32 AM

5. Jason, there is nothing wrong with labels. Labels are language, without language we would be sitting around doing nothing in caves.

Whats wrong is the use of the wrong label, or even worse. people who dont like, and deny, the label that fits them best.

Posted by: Rovex | Sep 17, 2012 10:26:56 AM

6. Rovex,

Labels are for clothes, not people. In any case, if people like labels, they should use it for themselves and stop trying to label others. There's an arrogance in putting labels on others.

Posted by: jason | Sep 17, 2012 10:34:41 AM

7. @Jason You know the answer, don't you? The vast majority of any boy band's fan base consists of teenage girls, who, like straight women, generally, are deeply homophobic when push comes to shove.

Why do you think so many male actors stay in the closet? Because they won't get romantic leads if they come out. And why is that? Because women won't buy tickets to see a gay man in a romantic lead.

Basically, women are threatened by the idea of men being emotionally close to each other because it cuts into their social power.....if men don't need women for emotional sustenance, then what do they really need them for? So any two guys who appear very emotionally close to each other will receive hostility from women.....and the best way to express that hostility is through homophobia.

The interests of gay men and straight women are fundamentally at odds with each other and always will be.

Not telling you, at least, anything that you don't already know, I'm sure.

Posted by: Rick | Sep 17, 2012 10:36:39 AM

8. @Jason,

You do realize your name is a "label", right?

To be honest, the boys of One Direction should actually embrace the ambiguity about their sexuality. Why not capitalize on all of the money available when you don't declare which team you bat for?

Posted by: Phoenix Justice | Sep 17, 2012 10:41:48 AM

9. Rick, you're stark raving insane. Or at least, seriously misinformed.

I couldn't pick the members of One Direction out of a lineup, but I spend a lot of time on Tumblr, and because I've done a lot of writing about the television show Glee, I also have a lot of followers who are fans of this band.

And the girls LOVE the idea of their boys being gay, so much so that if you suggest they aren't, they attack you and revile you. Their interest in actors and characters isn't ERODED if they find out they are gay -- or, usually, find some shred of homoeroticism in their lives which to magnify -- but increased a thousand-fold, often to the point of creepy obsession.

I really think you need to get out of the cave a little more often and realize that rumors of a gay relationship between two young, cute male actors or musicians increase their popularity and makes their young female fans like them more, while correcting those impressions makes them like the guys LESS, or, at least, attack the messenger, which is what we're seeing here.

As a lesbian, I've been disgusted by the attacks on Louis' girlfriend and mom, by the insistence that the guys are REALLY lovers and not just friends/playing with the fans -- an insistence that has grown to what I'd call pathology. Frankly, I'm shocked it took Louis this long to blow up over it. It goes way, way beyond the usual sort of personal life speculation and gossip that public figures receive.

It's also laughable to say that any public figure who lives in the modern world is going to be able to avoid public statements about their private lives. I don't follow or like this band, have never sought out information about them, and beyond the political and cultural aspects of this issue, have never given them a moment's thought. And yet I see crap about "Larry Stylison" constantly. Maybe you don't use your computer to do anything but visit Towleroad, but most of us do, and certainly anyone in the creative arts, media, or entertainment does.

Your sexism would anger me more if you weren't so laughably out of touch with the actual zeitgeist of female romantic and erotic interests, but I still feel that the idea straight women and gay men will be forever at odds because the two groups compete over getting their power from the men they date or sleep with is really the most hysterically funny thing I've ever heard. You must know some amazingly pathetic people to believe crap like that.

Posted by: Christie Keith | Sep 17, 2012 11:00:33 AM

10. Well irrespective of whether this kid is gay or not if he thinks and therefore acts in such a way when someone is calling him gay then he's invariably giving the message that it's not okay to be gay. Therefore, he's either a kid or just plain dumb.

Posted by: Pommie | Sep 17, 2012 11:03:05 AM

11. Just to clarify things for those who don't keep up with the tweens, the vast majority of the fans claiming that the two One Direction boys are gay and in a relationship with each other are not being homophobic and insulting. They are GIDDY with excitement over the two of them together - trust me, it's all over Tumblr as true love, not something bad. So while they are crazy and extremely rude to the one boy's girlfriend, they are 100% gay friendly - in a super-creepy intrusive way.

Posted by: Cris | Sep 17, 2012 11:04:10 AM

12. Jesus ! For phuck's sake !

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Sep 17, 2012 11:20:02 AM

13. Pommie, his anger isn't over being called gay. He's upset because many of these so called fans constantly attack his girlfriend, and have now started to attack his mother, simply because she came to the girlfriend's defense.

Posted by: cadence | Sep 17, 2012 11:21:10 AM

14. @Christie

You commented: "I really think you need to get out of the cave a little more often and realize that rumors of a gay relationship between two young, cute male actors or musicians increase their popularity and makes their young female fans like them more"

Oh, I have been out all my life, long enough to understand how straight women use gay men as their social accessories, sounding boards, "pets", fashion advisors, and moral support providers, particularly when it comes to their relationships with straight men.

And that worked fine and continues to work fine as long as gay men "know their place" and straight men could/can be depended upon to keep them in it......and could also be depended upon (straight men, that is) to keep the emotional boundaries between each other wide, reserving "love" for females and only females.

So you see, you are probably right in one sense. These girls would MUCH rather these two guys be gay than to find out that they really are straight and despite the fact that they are straight, are totally into each other and joined at the hip emotionally......and therefore have no need for a relationship with a woman. You know, kind of like the "independent" straight woman that you lesbian-feminists have encouraged the idea of over the decades, a woman who does not really need men for anything and is therefore empowered in a way that she would not be if she were emotionally dependent on men.

And that is your real fear, isn't it? That straight men (and gay men) will liberate themselves from their emotional and social dependence on women--in other words that there will be a "masculist" revolution in response to the feminist revolution, however belated a response........which will undercut the only real source of power that women possess.......and pull the very rug out from under feminism.

One need only visit regions of the world where men are emotionally tied to each other rather than women and expressive of those emotional ties to see this.....those areas tend to be the ones where feminism has failed miserably because unlike in the West, women do not have a male culture to work with that keeps men distant from each other emotionally.

Western men are finally beginning to see the folly that social and emotional dependence on women brings with it.....and I can fully understand why you would feel threatened by that......but it is time for this artificial cultural construct to be discarded, as it has brought such profound unhappiness to men's lives.....and you and other women will just have to live with the consequences.

Posted by: Rick | Sep 17, 2012 11:29:15 AM

15. To make a long story short, I fantasize about underage boys. BOYS, not girls. I hate femmes. I like BOYS.

Posted by: Rick | Sep 17, 2012 11:38:46 AM

16. One direction? Don't they all swing both ways? Seems like it...by virtue of the prancy musical act.

Posted by: Uisce | Sep 17, 2012 11:43:11 AM

17. Methinks he doth protest too much.

Posted by: Joe | Sep 17, 2012 11:44:13 AM

18. Aww Rick is an MRA, cute. We learn something new about his batshittery every day. I'm breaking my own rule of not acknowledging people who aren't real (trolls) but the idea that men are ruled by women is hiiilarious.
    Seriously, you guys should read some MRA blogs. After you're done vomiting it's all laughs.

Posted by: Eric26 | Sep 17, 2012 11:47:00 AM

19. Just FYI--the post above beginning with "To make a long story short" is not from me, the real Rick, but from an impostor--who, as always, is threatened by the truth in my posts, including the first two in this thread.....

Thanks.

Posted by: Rick | Sep 17, 2012 11:52:13 AM

20. And by impostor I mean one of my other voices. I'm sort of like Sybil, but with an even worse hairdo.

And I'm attracted to young boys. Find me on meganslaw.com

Posted by: Rick | Sep 17, 2012 11:56:19 AM

21. Jason, I guess you have a label that you dont like then, even if it fits. Labels are a description, no one, even you, is beyond description. To think so is thinking way to much of yourself, which I realise is common for posters on here.. Everyone is something and that means they can be labelled.

Rick, you have real deep mother issues. You dont like women, fine, just ignore them.

Posted by: Rovex | Sep 17, 2012 12:04:26 PM

22. You'd have deep mother issues too if you were raised by a hussy who always hogged your father's penis and barely ever let you play with it. She was selfish and didn't share just like all women.

And don't forget, I also hate non-white people.

Posted by: Rick | Sep 17, 2012 12:06:47 PM

23. @ERIC26 I didn't know what MRA meant, so I Googled it and came up with a bunch of possible meanings.

I guess you meant "Men's Rights Advocate"....If you did, no, that is not what I am about.

As I understand it, that movement simply seeks to re-dress issues related to alimoney payments, child support payments, etc. Most of them are homophobic in nature and have no apparent desire to do away with a male culture that stresses romantic love for women as its key component.

No, what I am talking about is a total re-design of the male culture that will make men emotionally, socially, and sexually freer with each other. And why would any gay man take issue with that? That is precisely what we have always wanted, right?....to do away with a homophobic culture that keeps men distant from each other out of fear of being characterized as "gay", with all the stigmas that go along with that.

Take away the stigma and homophobia itself goes away.

So why would you or any other gay men be threatened by that?

I will tell you why. Because "gay" men, many of them, truly hate men. These are the "gender-non-conformists", generally effeminate. They identify with women and idolize them and almost all their friends are women. They almost never form successful loving relationships with a man because their hatred of men (including each other) makes them incapable of it--therefore they go through life having empty sexual encounters with each other, at the same time worshiping a masculine ideal that they cannot live up to.

Sad, twisted people who will be left behind by the "masculist" revolution I have referred to.

They are not my problem, though, except to the extent that they continue to stigmatize male intimacy.......precisely what is going on in this instance.

Posted by: Rick | Sep 17, 2012 12:06:50 PM

24. You can tell that I believe what I say and that I speak the truth because I always back up my comments with facts and citations and evidence.

I'm so masculine that even though i'm in my fifties I'm scared to be openly gay and I hate all gay men who are.

Real masculine men come online to anonymously complain about effeminate men every day. That's the definition of masculinity. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to mastubating to one direction photos on tumblr. With a jar of mayo.

Posted by: Rick | Sep 17, 2012 12:12:44 PM

25. "Rick, you have real deep mother issues"

No, Rovex, sad to say, most "gay" men have father issues and masculinity issues. Which is why their social lives are so dysfunctional and why they are so socially alienated from other men......and so obsessed with women.

And that is why many of them are threatened by my ideas......they would have to face up to their masculinity issues and that is just too frightening a prospect for many, regardless of the enormous benefits that would accrue to one if one did.

It would doom the idea of "gay" as they have known it....and that is a deeply frightening prospect for some, especially the more effeminate among us.

Posted by: Rick | Sep 17, 2012 12:12:53 PM