Music | News | Rihanna | Sia

BigGayDeal.com

Rihanna Cuts Some 'Diamonds': LISTEN

Diamonds

Rihanna dropped "Diamonds", the first single from her forthcoming untitled album, this morning. The track was produced by Stargate and Benny Blanco, and written by Sia.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. ...another album? argh! I like her just fine, but she needs to take some time off...give us a chance to miss her ...even Beyonce gave us a break...!

Posted by: mark | Sep 26, 2012 10:50:51 AM

2. An autotuned mess. Please never sing again.

Posted by: Your Mom | Sep 26, 2012 10:54:42 AM

3. She sounds like someone doing an overwrought karaoke version of herself. Plus, if you're going mid-tempo you'd better have an unforgettable hook and fun-to-sing lyrics. This has neither.

Posted by: Stefan | Sep 26, 2012 11:12:57 AM

4. Would really rather hear a version by Sia herself than this.

Posted by: theo | Sep 26, 2012 11:18:35 AM

5. If you haven't seen the NPR article about how pop songs for "artists" like Rihanna get made and marketed, it is a must-read.

There's a reason why Rihanna has albums coming out every 10 months. She doesn't actually do anything.

Posted by: endo | Sep 26, 2012 11:25:54 AM

6. Wow!! Workaholic!!

Posted by: AJ | Sep 26, 2012 11:36:24 AM

7. She's trying to sound like Sia and then I read than Sia was one of the writers. Rihanna is tired and her only good era was Good Girl Gone Bad after than she became trashy.

Posted by: Gonzo | Sep 26, 2012 11:52:04 AM

8. Well, it appears I am in the minority; I liked it. The voice saying "Shine bright light a diamond" was a little grating, but I really liked the rest of it.

Posted by: Hans | Sep 26, 2012 1:14:52 PM

9. Hahahah, love that AJ's comment (as it was) followed Endo's quite perfectly. I'm with Endo, though.

Posted by: Tim | Sep 26, 2012 1:15:47 PM

10. Sia needs to be a huge star.

Posted by: Gregoire | Sep 26, 2012 1:35:51 PM

11. I agree with Hans. I like the song, except the parts where Ri says "shine bright like a diamond". If they changed or removed it, the song would be much better.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Sep 26, 2012 1:59:55 PM

12. So tired of Black artists trying so hard to establish Ghetto credibility...as if a black artist who isn't 'hood isn't a 'real' talent.

Posted by: qjersey201@gmail.com | Sep 26, 2012 2:42:46 PM

13. I like it. Wonderfully free of a rap break that kills the mood in so many songs now (if Mariah would only learn...). Give it the dance mix treatment and it's a big hit.

Posted by: William | Sep 26, 2012 2:52:55 PM

14. GREGOIRE, Sia does need to be a huge star. She's fantastic.

Posted by: MateoM | Sep 26, 2012 3:05:54 PM

15. What a boring song, just like most of her music. I don't understand why she's so popular.

Posted by: Old Pig | Sep 26, 2012 4:31:48 PM

16. What a boring song, just like most of her music. I don't understand why she's so popular.

Posted by: Old Pig | Sep 26, 2012 4:32:05 PM

17. i think it's pretty beautiful. she's a mainstream pop artist - her job is to make money, so it only makes sense that she's released an album every year since 2007. glad to see Sia getting some writing credits that'll actually sell after that trainwreck of a Xtina album.

Posted by: jesse | Sep 26, 2012 5:27:31 PM

18. Rihanna is a known supporter of homophobic dancehall acts. After the media had pointed out the gay murder-inciting lyrics of Beenie Man, Rihanna cosied up to him in concerts and gave him her musical support.

Posted by: jason | Sep 26, 2012 6:32:54 PM

19. I like it but don't love it like some of ther other music. This is a song I will probably allow to play in its entirety when it comes up on Pandora. So again, not bad but not her best.

Posted by: Nat | Sep 26, 2012 8:59:04 PM

20. They're ripping off the harmonic structure of "Midnight City" by M83. Expect a mashup.

Posted by: DMS | Sep 27, 2012 12:00:43 PM