2012 Election | Ann Romney | Mitt Romney | News

Ann Romney Expresses Concern About Mitt's 'Mental Well-Being' if Elected President: VIDEO

2_ann_romney

In an interview with KTVN in Reno, Nevada, Ann Romney expressed concern for her husband's mental fitness to handle the job as president:

"You know, I think my biggest concern, obviously, would just be for his mental well-being....I have all the confidence in the world in his ability, in his decisiveness and his leadership skills, in his understanding of the economy, in his understanding of what's missing right now in the economy - you know, pieces that are missing to get this jumpstarted. So for me I think it would just be the emotional part of it."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Short clip:

Longer clip (interview starts around 6:12):

KTVN Channel 2 - Reno Tahoe News Weather, Video -

Comments

1. Now we know why conservatives want to keep their wives barefoot and pregnant. Stop talking Ann. Mitt's foot in mouth is already damaging enough without you opening your mouth as well...

Posted by: Michaelandfred | Sep 29, 2012 9:43:11 AM

2. Wow! Just wow!

Posted by: mymy | Sep 29, 2012 9:47:42 AM

3. I am in NO WAY a Romney fan, but I think this is being blown out of proportion. I would think any spouse of a presidential candidate would have that same worry. Being president takes a physical and emotional toll on someone. Doesn't matter which party you're from.

Posted by: Stew | Sep 29, 2012 9:48:42 AM

4. Oh and that reporter needs a new stylist..

Posted by: mymy | Sep 29, 2012 9:48:59 AM

5. Why doesn't Mitt Lock Ann away in one of their mansions until election day? I mean he sort of doesn't have a chance in hell, but for God's sake this woman is like the nail in his political coffin! Is Ann doing some sort of passive aggressive revenge bit on her husband for all the times he forced her to wear that silly costume in the Mormon temple and swear to obey his every command?

Posted by: Quest | Sep 29, 2012 9:49:07 AM

6. As disastrous as a Romney presidency would be, at least it would give us four years of really rich comedy.

Posted by: jomicur | Sep 29, 2012 9:50:22 AM

7. I'm so worried about his mental stability that I'm not voting for him.
    Thanks for the heads up Ann.

Posted by: UFFDA | Sep 29, 2012 9:51:15 AM

8. I'm so worried about his mental stability that I'm not voting for him.
    Thanks for the heads up Ann.

Posted by: UFFDA | Sep 29, 2012 9:51:17 AM

9. Keep talking Ann. Please don't "stop it."
    We know that "this is hard" but it's so much fun to watch.

Posted by: Gigi | Sep 29, 2012 9:54:09 AM

10. I think this was actually done on purpose to humanize them as a couple. Ann Romney is far too calculating and self-interested to just make an off-the-cuff "whoopsie!" comment at this point.

Also, I didn't see/hear where she questioned his mental fitness for the presidency? That's quite a big leap from being just generally concerned for his mental and emotional well being.

Posted by: Stefan | Sep 29, 2012 9:56:25 AM

11. Let's be fair, here. This is a wife who's concerned that her husbands potential new job will cause him a lot of stress (which it would...). I'm sure Michelle had the same worries and still does. She just has the tact not to voice them.

Posted by: Alex | Sep 29, 2012 9:59:23 AM

12. @stefan: The point is she should know that her husband is mentally tough enough. That it shouldn't even come as a concern at all. Can you ever imagine Michelle saying she's worried about how the presidency will affect Barack's mental well-being? No! Because she know's that he husband has nerves of steel. I mean sometimes I think Barack is too freaking detached he's so cool and calm. What kind of weakling is Romney in private for his wife to say something like this?

Posted by: Quest | Sep 29, 2012 10:01:35 AM

13. I'm more concerned about our mental health if he were to win, but no one needs to worry, he won't win

Posted by: hornlongjohn | Sep 29, 2012 10:01:36 AM

14. The Romney family is destroyng their campaign themselves. Nice. Keep going Anne!

Posted by: Matt26 | Sep 29, 2012 10:06:00 AM

15. And that's from someone looney-toons enough to require a $77K dressage horse for 'animal therapy'. Mitt's never been quite right in the head - obviously.

Posted by: Tarc | Sep 29, 2012 10:06:19 AM

16. Michelle Obama, nuff said ....

Posted by: MArk | Sep 29, 2012 10:18:26 AM

17. It is over

Just as Mitts father lost his run for POTUS because people thought he was insane with his "I was brainwashed by the military generals" comment on the vietnam war

Mitts wife of 43 years, who knows him better than anyone, does not think he is mentally & emotionally competent enough to not snap under the pressure

If michelle ever said such, the repubs would scream "UNFIT FOR OFFICE"

Posted by: Moz's | Sep 29, 2012 10:20:47 AM

18. One half of a loving couple is concerned for the health of the other half should he take a extremely stressful 24/7 job. Let's get her.

Posted by: mastik8 | Sep 29, 2012 10:29:12 AM

19. Well, he can always turn to spiritual guidance, or wait to talk to space aliens, which for him, would be one in the same.

Posted by: 99% | Sep 29, 2012 10:34:49 AM

20. LOL...this interview was geared towards FEMALE VOTERS, and therefore her handlers deliberately tilted the conversation towards 'emotion' and drama. No, I am not misogynist or sexist, but please folks, it is what it is.

Posted by: ratbastard | Sep 29, 2012 10:40:53 AM

21. Well....all Presidents sure do age during their terms. Even Obama has. So it's obviously high-stress.

Posted by: Yupp | Sep 29, 2012 10:48:36 AM

22. No one pointed a gun to Mitt Romney's head and forced him to run for President. He knew the risks of a campaign and the job itself. I'm getting really tired of this whining from these people.

Posted by: TerryA | Sep 29, 2012 10:56:23 AM

23. Mitt is already a mental case.

Posted by: Bob | Sep 29, 2012 11:31:23 AM

24. It's the worst campaign in history. And that includes that moron Sarah Palin from last time round.

Posted by: Nancy Horrigan | Sep 29, 2012 11:35:15 AM

25. You don't need to worry Ann, because it's NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

Posted by: Mark Alexander | Sep 29, 2012 11:35:35 AM