2012 Election | Barack Obama | Bill clinton | Mitt Romney | News

Bill Clinton Comes Out Swinging, Mocks 'Moderate Mitt': VIDEO

B_clinton

Bill Clinton ridiculed Mitt Romney's debate performance while campaigning for Obama at a stop in Las Vegas.

Said Clinton:

I had a different reaction to that first debate than a lot of people did. I mean, I thought, “Wow! Here’s old Moderate Mitt. Where you been, boy, I missed you all these last two years!” But I was paying attention these past two years. And it was like one of these Bain Capital deals where, you know, he’s the closer. So he shows up, doesn’t really know much about the deal and says, “tell me what I’m supposed to say to close.”

Now the problem with this deal is, the deal was made by Severe Conservative Mitt. That was how he described himself for two whole years. Until three or four days before the debate they all got together and said, “hey Mitt, this ship is sinkin’ faster than the Titanic…but people are still frustrated about the economy, they want it fixed yesterday, so just show up with a sunny face and say I didn’t say all that stuff I said for the last two years. I don’t have that tax plan I’ve had for the last two years, you gonna believe me or your lyin’ eyes here? Come on. What are you doin’?” And if I’d been the President, I might have said, “well, I hate to get in the way of this, I missed you.”

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. If Clinton were debating Romney, Mitt would have left the stage crying for his Mommy. I wish he could run again.

Posted by: Jack M | Oct 10, 2012 2:15:37 PM

2. ^agreed

Posted by: Ki | Oct 10, 2012 2:22:51 PM

3. I think Massachusetts Mitt doesn't really have a position on most things because he just wants the job so he can outdo his father.

His plan in office is to move the stereo into the Oval Office while he goes into semi-retirement.

If he wins everyone, including Mitt, is in for a big surprise.

Oh, and you just gotta love Clinton!

Posted by: i could go on, but I won't | Oct 10, 2012 2:39:16 PM

4. Miss Clinton too and agree with what he is saying. Unfortunately, it is Obama's job to expose Mitt's lies in real time and he failed miserably.

Posted by: Alex | Oct 10, 2012 2:39:59 PM

5. failed ?? Maybe... I tend to think it was the plan.

Obama was already peaking and Mitt was already sinking. The public needed a bit of a rest, then the blows will come again. Just like in a movie: we can only take so much before we need a little break... then the action resumes and continues to grow.

Posted by: iowan | Oct 10, 2012 2:48:30 PM

6. mitt the twit, i am from ma and he raised all fees for everything here, let's hope he has another 47% vidio out there and people can see the real twit

Posted by: cape tom | Oct 10, 2012 2:49:04 PM

7. The schadenfreude is thick with this one it is, Yoda. He will never forgive the race card being played against him. But, he's the loyal little soldier but ready to brag he's the only re-elected Deomcrat president in recent times.

Posted by: MarkUs | Oct 10, 2012 2:54:52 PM

8. Yet more evidence that when it comes to pure politics, Bill Clinton is perhaps the greatest politician of our time.

Posted by: AERES | Oct 10, 2012 3:00:22 PM

9. He is now the knight in shinning armor riding in to save he day.

Posted by: trees | Oct 10, 2012 3:07:54 PM

10. If Bill Clinton OR Hillary Clinton ran today, they'd win in a landslide.

Posted by: Scott | Oct 10, 2012 3:13:37 PM

11. I think Clinton's even better now that he's just doing it for fun! Just gets to go out there and swing the bat ...

Posted by: Buster | Oct 10, 2012 3:17:01 PM

12. @Jack M: "I wish he could run again."

Unless I'm mistaken, Bill Clinton most certainly could run for POTUS again. The Constitution only prohibits more than two consecutive terms.

Posted by: Chuck | Oct 10, 2012 8:28:59 PM

13. Look, it is NOT hard to say what Bill Clinton said. It does not take a genius intellect, nor does it take years of debate training. All it takes is to be willing to SEE the truth and SPEAK it.

Of course, Clinton has done great things for us, and for this country. But if anything, the way he so easily hammers the point about Romney is not so much a reflection on him as it is a reflection on how the mainstream media refuse to call out Romney's hypocrisy for the sake of making the race tight. It is also a reflection on the way the Obama administration is cowed by the GOP. The Democrats are far too soft, for fear of looking like the bad guy for saying what Clinton said.

If Obama loses this election, it will be the Democrats' failure, not the Republicans' win.

Posted by: atomic | Oct 10, 2012 10:17:31 PM

14. Unfortunately Chuck that is incorrect. President Clinton is forbidden from running for another term by the Constitution.

Posted by: Steve Chapman | Oct 10, 2012 10:21:19 PM

15. So he shows up, doesn’t really know much about the deal and says, “tell me what I’m supposed to say to close.”

Posted by: Micheline Guffey | Oct 11, 2012 3:16:59 AM

16. Has TR posted anything about how the mother of a Navy SEAL killed in Lybia protected our ambassador has demanded Romney stop using a story about how he met him just before his death? Glen Doherty from Massachusetts was the SEAL. Romney has been going around telling a tall tale about how he and Glen met, and how impressed he was, etc., However, close friends and family of Doherty's have a different take on Romney and Doherty's brief introduction and hello. Doherty felt Romney only wanted to use him for political gain.

The guy is a sleaze-bag. Typical politician.

Posted by: ratbastard | Oct 11, 2012 10:26:08 AM