Dan Savage Welcomes A Tony Perkins Lawsuit

DSavageTony Perkins, the president of the Family Research Council who is constantly demonizing gay people, this week suggested that he would file a lawsuit against journalist and activist Dan Savage for Savage's tenacious, constitutionally protected protest of FRC's homophobic lies.

"As my teenagers would say, he has some issues. He is a man with some real deep-seated issues," Perkins told Fox News' Mike Huckabee. "I will tell you this, we are pursuing everything possible to deal with him because he is out of control." Well, Savage welcomes any such action by Perkins, whom Savage describes as "robustly heterosexual".

From Savage's response, "Is Tony Perkins Threatening To Sue Me?":

Sue me, Tony. I'd love to see you talk about my "issues" on a witness stand.

I realize that this isn't how you think the world is supposed to work, Tony. You believe—and you're old enough to remember a time when—people like you were free to say vile and disgusting things about people like me without anyone objecting. Certainly people like me weren't allowed to call people like you out. You still believe you should be free to lie about me and other LGBT people with absolutely impunity—we're all pedophiles and terrorists and Satanists—and that we should have to shut up and take it because… well, I'm not sure why you think we're not allowed to respond when you lie about us.

Maybe that's something we could get to the bottom of during the depositions.

Comments

1. says

Hey Tony, your teenagers might be gay. They’d be terrified to tell you, because you’re, well, Tony Perkins.

Love that he said that to Huckabee. Good ol’ straight anti-gay Huckabee who’s good ol’ straight son tortured and murdered a stray dog and got kicked out of the boy scouts. I’ve never tortured and murdered a stray dog, i’ve been too busy being sexually active with other men. oh well.

Perkins, you may have gay kids. Santorum, Brian Brown, Mitt Romney – there’s like 20 kids between you guys (no pun intended). There’s at least two gays in there. Probably more.

While you may think that a woman can shut her body down to prevent pregnancy in the case of rape, you’re wrong. Just like being an anti-gay republican “Christian” doesn’t mean you’re now magically immune from having gay children.

Savage – I hope this doe go to court. Tear him a new one.

2. qj201 says

the fact is that Tony Perkins cannot produce anything from biblical texts that support his hateful comments.

Regardless of interpretation of the “infamous” bible verses, the bible never says sodomites are the “devil’s spawn,” child molesters or any other such nonsense.

3. woodroad34 says

@Ezam

“Anti-gays are asking to be humiliated” sums them up perfectly–they’re into bondage and they’re the political power bottoms who are afraid to admit it. Although, who’d want them; they may be bottoms but they’re nasty ones.

4. john patrick says

I’d love to see Tony Perkins and a whole bunch of these antigay right wing religious people on the stand under oath. It would be a joy to see them squirm under the heat of cross examination and to see their lies exposed for all to see. Maybe we could have their testimonies telecast live.

5. Joe says

It might be a scene out of “Oh God!” if Perkins calls the big guy to the witness stand to testify against Dan! Oh wait, George Burns is no longer with us.

6. PAUL B. says

Please Tony…sue him!! Bring Huckabee with you. Let’s see, your honor…we don’t like what they do in the privacy of their own bedrooms, and we especially don’t like that they’re arrogant (self-confident) enough to think straight, white males should have to witness their love & affection. GOD said all this to me personally when he last visited.

7. Bob says

Tony is an evil SOB who needs to be taken down for the deaths of gay children he is responsible for, we know that and we need to keep the pressure on Tony and the other evil anti-gay Christians who are really Satan pretending to be something good. Tony and his hate groups are coming to an end and we all need to put these people in prison where they belong before they can murder another child in the name of the Christian religion. It is people like Tony who give Christians a bad name and they should take him out just because of that.