Bears | News

BigGayDeal.com

Is This the 411 on Bears? - VIDEO

Bear411

A music video from Homer Marrs about the social networking site Bear411.com tries to melodically convey what the "bear" scene is all about. Accurate?

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Yeah, pretty accurate.

I have a little problem with the "tranny" line in the song. I might have taken a shot at hipsters instead.

The framing of it being a weekend without his partner is perhaps unfortunately dead on.

Otherwise a pretty positive celebration of bear sexuality.

Posted by: Jonathan | Oct 22, 2012 7:58:47 PM

2. Good lyrics. A good, fun song.

Posted by: Icebloo | Oct 22, 2012 7:59:25 PM

3. Hey, who had the camera in my apartment?

Ok, so here's my story. I was hooking up with a guy on his way over. Doorbell rings, lo-and-behold, it was one of the rare occurrences in which the guy standing before me was even more attractive than his pics. Nice beard, hairy chest, shorter, good build. So, I invite him in, he puts the pizza box down that he was holding (which was a bit strange, but I thought, "Oh, he's trying to be nice and not show up empty handed!") and we're chatting away. I ask him if he wants a beer, sure.

Yes, you guessed it... ding-dong goes the doorbell. I answer, thinking someone might be just dropping by, and... there's the guy who was supposed to be coming over. Turns out, first guy was delivering pizza to my straight neighbors. So, I paid for the pizza, sent him over with it and my apologies... and yes, he came right back. ;) Sort of like doing brothers without the ick factor. Good times.

Posted by: Too shy to say | Oct 22, 2012 8:23:22 PM

4. Very catchy, very funny. A good sense of humor is one of the most attractive things about a guy.

Posted by: Mikey | Oct 22, 2012 8:40:04 PM

5. This is not why i am on Bear 411. And the song is just awful.

Posted by: Jack | Oct 22, 2012 9:29:55 PM

6. Didn't bear411 pissed off a lot of people in San Francisco? I remember they had the site banned from bear events, something to do with the bear Russian River events. I stopped going to bear411 because the fees are insane and they force you to subscribe if you want to use the site or even see profile pictures. I'm not paying for something I can get for free with Grindr.

Posted by: Erick | Oct 22, 2012 9:33:44 PM

7. I'm a big bear, actively involved in the bear social "community." This is pretty execrable. It's cartoony, extols a few stereotypes, but mostly wanly insults the rest of us. Did I mention this song sucks? *YAWN* Bite me, Marrs.

Posted by: Mike | Oct 22, 2012 10:15:47 PM

8. Thought the song was very cute, as is the lead singer. :) Several other woofy guys in the video as well. And yes, I've made some nice friends via bear 411, but haven't used it as a hookup (yet).

Posted by: Dback | Oct 22, 2012 11:42:23 PM

9. The Bear 411 type sites have a lot of older guys. The best social app by far, I think, is Growlr. Tons more useful options than Grindr, far less headless torsos, and a lot of guys who can actually just carry on a conversation. Shocking!

Posted by: Billy | Oct 23, 2012 12:29:22 AM

10. I feel bad for them, that video + song are terrible.

Posted by: Gast | Oct 23, 2012 5:37:24 AM

11. Ah bears - I suspect you laugh about us just as much as we laugh about you. It's all good.

Posted by: Tristram | Oct 23, 2012 1:58:43 PM

12. The pizza guy was cute-he should have come back at the end- the video/song was fun just like bears...

Posted by: jaragon | Oct 23, 2012 5:32:25 PM

13. Ginger bear - WOOF!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Perkin Warbeck | Oct 23, 2012 8:17:40 PM