"Ex-Gays" | News

BigGayDeal.com

Gay Man Was Promised 'Reparative Therapy' Would Make Him Straight in Six Weeks: VIDEO

Reparativetherapy

Mathew, a NYC resident, was given a guarantee that he would be straight in six weeks but ended up being forced through five years of 'gay cure' therapy by his father. It didn't work, of course, and Mathew's a gay proud man who has come to YouTube to tell his story.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via truth wins out)

Comments

1. As long as everyone understands that the problem with "reparative therapy" is NOT that it "doesn't work"...it would be wrong even if it worked...

Posted by: Matt | Oct 8, 2012 10:10:59 AM

2. "Reparative therapy" is torture.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Oct 8, 2012 10:19:49 AM

3. Need more information. Anyway...yeah. ...Whatever.

Posted by: It Better Get Better | Oct 8, 2012 12:47:16 PM

4. the gay people don't need "reparative therapy"

the anti-gay family members need PFLAG

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Oct 8, 2012 1:03:42 PM

5. I respect all people to a point, but when a father insists on reparative therapy on his son, all bets are off.

Posted by: Carlos | Oct 8, 2012 2:44:31 PM

6. Mathew...so glad you survived those years of "therapy" to become the whole & beautiful person you were born to be. Thanks for the video...it reminds all of us currently in a dark place that there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Posted by: PAUL B. | Oct 8, 2012 2:52:39 PM

7. Mathew, I am sure you will touch a lot of people with your honest and strong statement. You touched me (I am 56 years old and out since 1982), I can guess the struggle and pain you went through. I really hope your father will realize what a wonderful son he has.

Posted by: Roman Bolliger | Oct 8, 2012 6:00:37 PM

8. I wonder how many people have died from "repairative therapy".

I wonder how many gay people therapists have driven to suicide.

Posted by: "The Gay" | Oct 8, 2012 6:52:23 PM

9. the reality is that at no point in history has any family been torn apart because of homosexuality.

families have only ever been torn apart because of prejudice.

it's that simple. and it's astonishing that this reality gets ignored.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Oct 8, 2012 6:57:16 PM

10. Given that he is in his early twenties and "escaped" from the therapist several years ago, my guess is that his parents paid for it. Someone should interview them and ask how much they were taken for!

Posted by: Bill | Oct 9, 2012 12:22:07 AM

11. Reparative therapy is the perfect scam...the patient is never cured and needs it for life.

Posted by: Gus | Oct 9, 2012 6:01:50 AM