Bryan Fischer | Michelangelo Signorile | News | Uganda

BigGayDeal.com

Bryan Fischer Claims Michelangelo Signorile Supports Anti-Gay Death Penalty: VIDEO

FischerSignorile

Hateful radio host Bryan Fischer is trying to justify his support for Uganda's hideously anti-gay law by claiming, falsely, that progressive and out radio host Michelangelo Signorile endorses a death penalty for gay people. Yes, that's right: gay radio host, says Fischer, thinks gays should be killed.

Fischer bases his claim on a remark Signorile made to a Romney supporter during a heated pre-election debate. Signorile said suicide would be "much easier than waiting for the slow, painful death that Mitt Romney will bring you." He apologized for the remark the next day, yet Fischer still twists the facts into a completely illogical argument that does nothing but prove the lengths to which some people will go to rationalize their own hate.

Watch video of Fischer's comments, via Right Wing Watch, AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. this man is so f***ed up. HE makes me want to vomit all over his face.

Posted by: Alexander | Nov 29, 2012 11:39:04 AM

2. like how conservatives ran with an "Obama insulted our military because we STILL DO use bayonets!" spin of dishonesty.

it's what desperate people do when they can't speak the truth.

when you can't tell the truth about yourselves you lie about others.

it's just amazing that this self-proclaimed Christian flagrantly breaks the 9th Commandment on a daily basis.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 29, 2012 11:50:38 AM

3. Mister Fischer is seriously disturbed.

Posted by: Esther Blodgett | Nov 29, 2012 11:52:47 AM

4. Mister Fischer is seriously disturbed.

Posted by: Esther Blodgett | Nov 29, 2012 11:52:49 AM

5. Why do you keep posting about this guy? I would never even know he existed if I didn't come to towleroad. Maybe I'm missing something but he seems like just some irrelevant hick with a mic.

Cranky old white guy goes around saying terrible things about gays. They're everywhere and I have a feeling this is the only demographic that is taking him seriously.

Posted by: David in NYC | Nov 29, 2012 11:56:11 AM

6. You know, there is a saying about respecting our elders, but I've never heard anything about respecting our senile elders. Sometimes I can't tell the difference between Brian Fischer and somebody who has been declared brain dead (no offense to brain dead people)

Posted by: Sam | Nov 29, 2012 12:02:26 PM

7. @ALEXANDER: Don't waste your vomit on this fissure. After it reaches the other end of your alimentary canal, though, let him have it.

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Nov 29, 2012 12:10:39 PM

8. @ALEXANDER: Maybe you could come AND vomit all over his face. Someone as perverted and hate-driven as Bryan Fisher would love it, I think.

Posted by: jamal49 | Nov 29, 2012 12:48:53 PM

9. He is beginning to realize as is the whole crazy
    anti-science, anti-reality right wing GOP universe,
    That time is Not in their side.

Their Oxygen is being turned off.
    And like all dead-Enders it won't be a pretty last stand.

History is racing beyond them.

Posted by: Mike in nyc | Nov 29, 2012 12:55:32 PM

10. He is an insane mad man any man who calls for the murder of other human beings based on their sexuality are insane. Saying you are sorry after you say you want to kill people does not count in this case, he knew what he was doing. Hitler knew what he was doing by murdering Jews and homosexuals, but that still make him a mad man.

Posted by: Bob | Nov 29, 2012 1:29:10 PM

11. I remember that show. I was listening in the car and remember my eyebrows going up when he said that, but I know Michaelangelo well enough to know it was a figure of speech (albeit a poor one) and that he didn't mean it literally. Fischer is even more pathetic for making this statement.

Posted by: Joe | Nov 29, 2012 1:40:35 PM

12. This guy can't wait to get his brown shirt on.......can't wait, can't wait!!!

I can't believe have deluded and sick he is! Truly mentally ill!

Posted by: Rob | Nov 29, 2012 1:40:36 PM

13. HAHAHA!

Sounds like the man couldn't pass a standardized English comprehension test. First signs of Alzheimer's perhaps?

Is English his first language?

Posted by: Sean in Dallas | Nov 29, 2012 1:40:36 PM

14. Not worth our time or energy. "OMG! THIS TOTAL RAGING HOMOPHOBE SAID THISSSSSS!" In other news, water is still wet. Moving on...

Posted by: AJ | Nov 29, 2012 2:17:24 PM

15. I also don't understand the constant coverage of this guy. Are we learning anything new, surprising, or useful? Same with the Vatican and Pat Robertson posts.

Posted by: Paul R | Nov 29, 2012 2:51:21 PM

16. We MUST keep an eye on these guys. The Religious Right is still the base of the Republican party. I have no doubt he believes *everything* he says. I won't begin to give any more examples of his idiocy except that he believes the election shows Republicans should move more to the right because that's where the disaffected voters are. OTOH - I do think Andy & company give the Religious Right too much attention, especially in separate posts. I do read Religious Right Watch every day because, as a liberal Christian, I want to keep better track of them. BTW - Just as TR posts from RRW, RRW posts from TR.

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Nov 30, 2012 3:42:21 AM

17. Oops! Make that Right Wing Watch!!

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Dec 1, 2012 4:20:10 AM