2012 Election | Barack Obama | Gay Marriage

BigGayDeal.com

Girl With Two Dads Asks Obama For Advice On Bullying

LittleGirlLetter
Abby Evans has company in the cute little politicos brigade: Sophia Bailey Klugh.

Via Huffington Post comes this letter from Klugh, a 10-year old girl with two fathers who adores President Obama and asks his advice on what to do about kids who make fun of her.

"What would you do?" she asks. Hopefully she'll get a response.

See the entire letter, including her illustration of her fathers, daddy and popi, AFTER THE JUMP.

LittleGirlLetter2

Comments

1. I think an adult wrote this.

Posted by: Drew | Nov 3, 2012 12:57:38 PM

2. My heart just broke a little bit. Very cute.

Posted by: Michael | Nov 3, 2012 1:04:09 PM

3. Oh Drew . . . poor sad disillusioned Drew.

Posted by: Ricco | Nov 3, 2012 1:44:24 PM

4. I hope that, win or lose, President Obama publicly replies to this.
    #Drew, she may have had a little adult help, but that doesn't change the message or its sincerity. She is 10, after all.

Posted by: Robert | Nov 3, 2012 2:32:05 PM

5. I totally believe she did it by herself. The writing style (and misspellings) are similar to my own at the age of 10.

Posted by: Kevin_BGFH | Nov 3, 2012 2:49:22 PM

6. That just hurt my heart too.

Posted by: Henry | Nov 3, 2012 3:08:13 PM

7. So sweet of her. I hope a guardian angel looks over her.

Posted by: Gast | Nov 3, 2012 5:19:49 PM

8. That exterior supplying regarding Chanel Absolutely no. 5 is actually crystal vinylite and also the within container is really jam-packed through the concept firmly.

Posted by: cheap chanel handbags | Nov 4, 2012 4:56:25 AM

9. I truly hope our President responds to this. I know he's in the middle of a campaign, oh, yes, and being President, but he would rise even higher in my estimation if he responds to this little girl.

Posted by: PJW | Nov 4, 2012 8:30:30 AM

10. Do you kmow if this ad,"http://logotv.tumblr.com/post/32335570291/same-country-different-rules-make-sure-you-vote", is available in a non-flash format that I can share in Facebook on my ipad?

Posted by: Craig | Nov 4, 2012 1:14:40 PM

11. Hopefully the president has more important things to do than get sucked into this stunt for publicity cooked up by her two dads.

Posted by: andrew | Nov 4, 2012 7:46:48 PM

12. This is a sad commentary from this intelligent child about the crossroads that our country is in. I hope that this type of a letter lays out how damaging damming comments from politicians such as the Republican Presidential Ticket are harmful for adults, children and families. This child has to deal with problems at school because of the lack of education provided to children about the facts of being gay or lesbian.

Posted by: Michael Salas | Nov 4, 2012 11:14:25 PM

13. Some day she will tell her own kids how she was picked upon for having two dads, and how she got over it and grew stronger. “Those were still dark times”, she will tell. Generational changes at play. Old farts die, new blood don't find that hard to understand.

Posted by: ComeOnYo | Nov 5, 2012 1:59:57 PM