Comments

1. Robert says

I hope that, win or lose, President Obama publicly replies to this.
    #Drew, she may have had a little adult help, but that doesn’t change the message or its sincerity. She is 10, after all.

2. Kevin_BGFH says

I totally believe she did it by herself. The writing style (and misspellings) are similar to my own at the age of 10.

3. PJW says

I truly hope our President responds to this. I know he’s in the middle of a campaign, oh, yes, and being President, but he would rise even higher in my estimation if he responds to this little girl.

4. says

Do you kmow if this ad,”http://logotv.tumblr.com/post/32335570291/same-country-different-rules-make-sure-you-vote”, is available in a non-flash format that I can share in Facebook on my ipad?

5. andrew says

Hopefully the president has more important things to do than get sucked into this stunt for publicity cooked up by her two dads.

6. says

This is a sad commentary from this intelligent child about the crossroads that our country is in. I hope that this type of a letter lays out how damaging damming comments from politicians such as the Republican Presidential Ticket are harmful for adults, children and families. This child has to deal with problems at school because of the lack of education provided to children about the facts of being gay or lesbian.

7. ComeOnYo says

Some day she will tell her own kids how she was picked upon for having two dads, and how she got over it and grew stronger. “Those were still dark times”, she will tell. Generational changes at play. Old farts die, new blood don’t find that hard to understand.