Homophobic Pastor Ken Hutcherson Says the ‘Sissified Evangeli-fish’ of the Right Wing Need to Get Tough Against the Gays

HutchersonAnti-gay pastor Ken Hutcherson says conservative groups sidelined him and that's why his home state of Washington lost the battle to stop same-sex marriage. In addition to that he is furious that gays stole the rainbow:

I am sick and tired of the homosexuals taking words that God has given us, I am sick and tired of the homosexual community taking our rainbow when God gave us that promise that He would not destroy the earth with water again. We have just become irrelevant, we are just sissified, we are evangeli-fish with no spiritual vertebrae and we need to wake up.

Comments

1. Icebloo says

Nobody cares what he has to say. Let him keep talking hate because all he is doing is alienating himself and his hate group – especially from the younger generations. His own big mouth is talking himself out of a job. Let’s sit back and enjoy watching his demise.

2. Michael W. says

The christian (I refuse to capitalize that anymore) right GOP just got their asses handed to them over their bigoted policies. Why would this guy think that trying to tighten that grip would produce different results?

3. Onnyjay says

Fish have plenty of vertebrae, “pastor,” but their capacity to remember is quite limited, as is yours, apparently. Civil rights are not reserved for people of color, they belong to everyone. Everyone, got it?

4. anon says

Don’t expect people to change their minds because of the election. Elections change which people have political power, not the minds of the people that have or had political power. The question is whether or not H here still has much pull.

5. anon says

6. woodroad34d says

Oh, Kenny, I understand your frustration: I’m sick and tired of anthropological throwbacks using the Christian symbol as a pejorative. Does that now make you sissified or just left out of the school?

7. Bob says

God created all of us equal to love one another. Anybody who says different is not a man of God but pretending to be one while in fact they are working for the devil who is evil and makes people hate and destroy God’s children. Don’t be fooled by these anti-gay Christians who say they are doing God’s work, they have the devil in them and even they do not know the devil is in them because Satan is smarter than them because they are not and are lost in their hate.

8. Roman Bolliger says

This man has no respect for gays nor for animals. In fact he thinks gays are animals. And “animals” can be used in a despicable way, like “fish” in evangeli-fish. Besides: Fishes in fact have vertebrae! This mans knowledge about biology and humanity is low, down-low, so-to-say. There is no need to sissify him, he already is one.

9. Bill says

What I found most offensive is his term “our rainbow”, implying a level of education so low that he does not understand that rainbows are the result of the refraction and reflection of light in water drops.

The Biblical account of Noah describes the rainbow as a sign from God of a covenant – ancient tribes in the Middle East did not know what the index of refraction is, nor that it varies with frequency, so they made up a myth to explain natural phenomena they could not understand.

10. jason says

I think Ken Hutcherson is a bigot but I also think he has a point about how the gay community twists the definition of words. Case in point: the word “gäy”. When I go to gay bars, I see a lot of lonely people who take drugs and have promiscuous sex in bath-houses after they leave the bar. What’s so gay about that?

I think it’s high time that those with same-sex orientations stopped hiding behind the word “gay” to cover up the reality of their lives. Stop using it as a security blanket – it doesn’t work anymore.

11. Randal Oulton says

He’s just spitting nails full of hate. This is personal hate we’re seeing here, glorified in his mind by his spin on his religion. He’ll take his hate to his grave.

12. Bernie says

This man’s statements are so outlandlish and silly, I even hate to respond. I don’t know what rock he is hiding under or even what newspaper he reads, but the American voter could NOT have been any clearer in their message. The conservative movement is slowly declining and I don’t think it will ever come back. So, we should let this man and other wingnuts spout all the denial and hatred they want. Their power is pffingggg away!

13. Todd says

Evageli-fish is a species of lesbian who self loath themselves and marry ex-gay men so they can pretend to be straight. They can easily be discovered by the sheer panic on their face the first time their new ex-gay boyfriend drops his pants. It is rumoured that the first discovery of this type of species was found in Minnesota…Bachmann.

14. Gestly says

Ironic that Mr. hutcherson talks about “sissies” as he has been castrated himself as treatment for the prostate cancer he has had since 2002. He will most likely die soon, but it looks like the impotent old bigot is trying to inflict maximum damage on the gays before he leaves us.

15. Gestly says

16. dh says

I almost feel sorry for the guy–almost. He must be experiencing tremendous psychic and emotional pain.

A man that homophobic must either be secretly gay, or must have been raped/molested as a child–or both. I wouldn’t be surprised if the testicular cancer was his body’s manifestation of the guilt he must feel.

17. andrew says

Anyone who believes that the collection of books called the “Bible” was written or inspired by the creator, if their be one, of the billion gallaxy universe needs to have their head examined. Wake up morons. Its mostly myth and made up bloody history.

18. Mary says

I understand that this past Tuesday was a win for our side, but we should keep in mind that 4 states (5 if you count Iowa) voted on gay marriage. It was a slam-dunk, yes. But it was only a few states. We didn’t see a 50 state referedum. Not trying to rain on anyone’s parade. But when Indiana and Missouri vote in same-sex marriage,that will be time time to say “game’s over.” I’ve been following politics long enough to know when people are being tempted into a fatal overconfidence.

19. says

Yeah, you’re right Ken. I took your rainbow away from you. I took it away because your God promised not to destroy the world with water, but then destroyed it anyway with Christians. So yeah, I took your rainbow. When you all leave the planet, return everything you stole from Pagans – including lands, mythology, place-names, our gods that you made into saints, rituals, symbols, not to mention more treasure than Fort Knox could ever hold, art work, … oh yeah, and then restore all of the medical and scientific knowledge you destroyed when you were murdering our priesthoods and burning our temples, and pillaging our libraries… perhaps then I’ll let you have your rainbow back. Until then, I, Imperious Queen of Heavens and Earth, the Divine Mommie Dammit say KISS MY ASS!

20. arch says

So much for all those early Christians who believed in a faith of love and forgiveness. This man would turn his own faith into exactly the sort of violent persecution that the early Christians turned away from in their private worship of a God of love.

I can only imagine that this man has almost no idea of the true message of Christ and why so many millions have found hope and peace in his massage of love and non violent brotherhood over the last 2000 years.

I am not a believer, although was brought up in mainstream Christianity and I know my Gospels and church history. This man represents everything that Christianity, at its best, rejects. Almost all of the practicing Christians that I know are decent human beings with a love of their fellow men.

Go read your New Testament you dreadful, unfulfilled man or continue for ever to pass by on the other side and never gain the peace that true followers of Christ seem to gain from the faith that you only purport to share.

21. jamal49 says

I wonder if we could get Nate Silver to, um, “stat-up” Pastor Ken and give us an accurate assessment as to where and when Pastor Ken gets caught with a rent boy.

22. Jerry6 says

It appears that these people that make a living by preaching a lot of nonsense about non existent Gods, are coming to realize that more and more people are accepting scientific discoveries and facts that show the creation of the universe, and the evolution of “Man” had no need of a “God” to be the answer of how it all came about.