Hurricane Sandy | Lady Gaga | New York | News

BigGayDeal.com

Lady Gaga Gives $1 Million to Hurricane Sandy Relief

Said Lady Gaga on her 'Little Monsters' fan page:

Lady_gagaToday I pledge 1 million dollars to New York & The American Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy Relief. If it wasn't for NYC: the Lower Eastside, Harlem, the Bronx and Brooklyn, I would not be the woman or artist that I am today. New York is relentless ambition, a drive to succeed, a place where there is a natural pursuit of diversity through compassion. Please accept this gift on behalf of myself, my parents Joe and Cynthia, and my sister Natali; with our deepest gratitude New York for raising us. Thank you for helping me build my spirit. I will now help you rebuild yours. Sincerely, Lady Gaga and The Germanottas

Comments

1. what a sweet lass. thanks, honeybun.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 7, 2012 3:16:58 PM

2. Good for her! I would too if I had it to give - and I'm Canadian. Gotta love NYC!

Posted by: Jeff | Nov 7, 2012 3:23:52 PM

3. "Today I pledge 1 million dollars to New York & The American Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy Relief".......("but I will continue to contribute nothing to campaigns for marriage equality for gay people and wil continue to insist that the money I contributed to Elton John's AIDS foundation be spent on orphans rather than on gay men")

"If it wasn't for NYC: the Lower Eastside, Harlem, the Bronx and Brooklyn, I would not be the woman or artist that I am today".....("and even though it is true that if it were not for gay men championing me and buying my records, I would not have the money I have today, I will still nevertheless continue to contribute virtually nothing to their causes")

Sincerely,

Lady Gaga

Posted by: Rick | Nov 7, 2012 3:34:14 PM

4. I, Rick, will continue to live each day in the closet hating Lady Gaga and the people who enjoy her, because I do not have a pair of testicles, and refuse to stand up to be counted as a gay man. I will come online every day to tell everyone that I hate effeminate men, because I'm not actually man enough, nor masculine enough, to appeal to the anti-gay heterosexual bigots I was both raised by and remain terrified of.
    I will continue to blame women, blacks, and liberals for all the problems in my life that I'm simply too cowardly to work on myself.

I will continue to never do anything to actually help the LGBT communities, because I prefer to hide on the internet and blame other people for my own cowardice.

And I pledge to you all that one day I will die a horrible lonely and protracted death. And then I'll be forgotten forever.

Sincerely,

Rick. A Cowardly Shadow of a Human Being

Sorry, folks. I just hate Lady Gaga so much. I hate that she's an outspoken advocate for LGBT people while I'm a closeted adult who still lives in fear of straight people. I just HATE her for that! I HATE HER! It's her fault that I can't come out!

Posted by: Rick | Nov 7, 2012 3:41:40 PM

5. They don't call her a Lady for nothing! I am surprised that not many more celebrities / rich people have donated.

My best thoughts go to the victims of the storm(s). I love New York!

Posted by: stingo | Nov 7, 2012 3:52:55 PM

6. I am humbled. She really is an exceptional human being. She'll go down in history as a beautiful, compassionate woman on the level of an Elizabeth Taylor. Long live Lady Gaga!

Posted by: Jersey | Nov 7, 2012 4:19:26 PM

7. Yup another PR stunt by the first lady of plagiarism.

Posted by: jier | Nov 7, 2012 4:22:51 PM

8. I hate her so much because she does things for the gay community and nobody I'm related to does.

Posted by: jier | Nov 7, 2012 4:26:18 PM

9. God bless a great American !!!!

Posted by: David Lawrence | Nov 7, 2012 4:57:13 PM

10. very cool of her

Posted by: Moz's | Nov 7, 2012 5:06:21 PM

11. Just remember that Rick/Jason aren't really gay men. Jason, one of Rick's aliases, had a whole rant yesterday about how anal sex is a depraved and disgusting act.

Ignore these trolls or make fun of them, but don't let them get the comments off track.

Posted by: MateoM | Nov 7, 2012 5:22:56 PM

12. You know you're really grasping for straw when your primary criticism is that someone is helping orphans.

Posted by: John | Nov 7, 2012 6:54:57 PM

13. I have been an outspoken critic of Gaga. I am still very disappointed she doesn't actually do anything for our community despite claiming to support us and despite the fact she would have no career without us.
    However I have to agree this is a generous donation for a good cause.

Now if she can get her head out of her own ass permanently I would be very grateful. We are going to have an even bigger year for gay rights in 2013. We need people like Gaga to step up and help. Will she let us down AGAIN ?

Posted by: Icebloo | Nov 7, 2012 11:39:39 PM

14. Such a Lovely Girl. Love her!

Posted by: max | Nov 8, 2012 11:11:16 AM

15. charity givers i have quite a few online and offline projects to share with thoes who can give some sort of donation in helping thoes build a new future in many areas send me a email at mother_pearlprojects@runbox.com

Posted by: michaelprojects | Dec 18, 2013 3:01:18 PM