Focus on the Family | News | Tim Tebow

Right Wing Hero Tim Tebow Is Now Shilling For Tivo: VIDEO

Timtebowtivo

Tim Tebow has never come out against gay marriage. In fact, his publicist has made it impossible for him to do so. But considering his work with the homophobic Focus on the Family, it's pretty safe to assume he's not into it.

Thanks to his new gig with TiVo, however, we can be sure that he thinks the "magic box is pretty great.

Watch the football player talk about how TiVo helps him make sense of the "chaotic" choices facing him and his family AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. JUST BECAUSE HE BELONGS TO THE INFAMOUS FRC IS NO REASON TO BUG HIM. LEAVE HIM ALONE. HE'S A GOD, SO BEAUTIFUL AND IF HE HASN'T COME OUT AGAINST THE GEE MARRIAGE, SO WHAT. IT'S A FREE COUNTRY. GOSH HE'S SO CUTE.

Posted by: THE QUEEN | Nov 15, 2012 10:41:28 AM

2. Tim T's issue is with abortion which the FRC opposes. His position on gay marriage and gay rights in general are unknown at this time. My bet is he is conflicted and hasn't made up his mind yet.

One of my best friend's sister was told to have an abortion or she might die. She chose to have the baby and died as a result of it. But the key word here is SHE chose. I disagree with his position on abortion because he and the FRC want to take away the choice.

Posted by: Charlie | Nov 15, 2012 10:49:07 AM

3. Cute? The guy's a dope.

Posted by: UFFDA | Nov 15, 2012 10:50:24 AM

4. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDYQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-2233210%2FTim-Tebow-blasted-terrible-Jets-teammates-quarterback-admits-frustration-sadness.html&ei=pQ-lUInvDZLiyAHm4IGgCw&usg=AFQjCNE2G3Ixk4LnPIJ1sqiSYM-RQDHyGw&sig2=rWP3F8OoF0JYdQaefWo1Ng

Posted by: Len | Nov 15, 2012 10:52:53 AM

5. Beauty is skin deep. He would be a good "one night stand". I would bet money that he is a closet case....afraid of himself.

Posted by: Stephen | Nov 15, 2012 10:55:09 AM

6. Sometimes, Towleroad's pettiness is too much to bear. Tim Tebow might just be, in your biased assumption, a "right wing hero". But, he is probably also a "hero" to many people who know nothing of his personal views but admire his football skills (which have been thoroughly quashed since he's been with the Jets). Leave the kid alone, at least until he's some blatantly egregious remarks about gays.

Posted by: jamal49 | Nov 15, 2012 11:13:01 AM

7. @(the aptly named)THE QUEEN - Take it down a notch or ten girlfriend. So you like Tim Teabag. We get it. ALL CAPS comments aren't necessary to get that message across. Thanks much.

Posted by: Gigi | Nov 15, 2012 11:15:02 AM

8. I know that some of the cattier, middle-aged queens around here aren't going to like Tank for saying this, but darn, that guy is hot, whoever in the heck he is! Those pretty eyes just twinkle, that smile is so sweet, and that lisp is just adorable! Tank is usually into more macho, he-man type guys but I would definitely bang this muscle twink till the cows came home!

Posted by: TANK | Nov 15, 2012 11:19:29 AM

9. He's the 'Anna Kournikova' of Football!

Posted by: Belthazar | Nov 15, 2012 11:20:46 AM

10. This kid has never mentioned or brought up gay issues. Why do we keep talking about him? Until I know his views, I'm not making any assumptions, which you do directly in this piece.

Yeah, he's pro-life and chose to film a commercial for a sh*tty organization. But what Christina anti-abortion organization should he have worked with that would have met your approval? There are none!

Posted by: BEAHBEAH | Nov 15, 2012 11:22:39 AM

11. By the way, I'm having a real issue with scrotal acne. I have bulbous zits all over my scrotum and it's starting to cause a really foul odour. Anyone have any advice? Just keeping it real.

Posted by: TANK | Nov 15, 2012 11:28:04 AM

12. Tebow is a great young man, was a great college quarterback. I see no reason to have animus against the dude, who has exhibited the utmost integrity and genuine faith. I admire him.

Posted by: Javier | Nov 15, 2012 11:28:10 AM

13. I get STRONG gaydar signals FROM THIS MAN.LOL

Posted by: Alexander | Nov 15, 2012 11:31:41 AM

14. tank... sounds like you might have syphyllis...clean it up get tested bro.

Posted by: Alexander | Nov 15, 2012 11:32:37 AM

15. Hey, guys, some bitchy queen with emotional issues is trying to pretend he is Tank! Don't fall for it... that last post was fake! Tank isn't vulgar and Tank knows how to spell correctly. I stand by my comments that this Tebow guy is hot, no matter what some random spammer thinks! And that is keeping it real, LOL!

Posted by: TANK | Nov 15, 2012 11:33:58 AM

16. My balls are also hot. As in my scrotal acne is making them burn and tingle.

Posted by: TANK | Nov 15, 2012 11:43:12 AM

17. Folks, someone needs to report this spammer to Andy Towle! He is a trouble weirdo who is making crude and vulgar comments that are not Tim Tebow related at all. And he is defiling the good name of Tank! I know my fans here won't fall for his hijinks, but others who don't post here regularly might! So I will just say again that no true post from Tank ever uses bad words. And I'll just say again that this Tebow guy is really sexy... but fake posts by creepy closet cases are not!

Posted by: TANK | Nov 15, 2012 11:50:28 AM

18. Tebow seems like a personable and really nice guy.

Posted by: andrew | Nov 15, 2012 12:01:51 PM

19. TANK - it's KIWI. These vulgar references using other people's names always are. It's KIWI. He doesn't like you, that's all it takes. The guy is pure slime covered, when he wants to, with high toned sentiments.

Posted by: UFFDA | Nov 15, 2012 12:05:16 PM

20. Tebow is so hot, I couldn't care less. This article is presumptuous and petty. Until he comes out against gay marriage, leave him alone. Target people who explicitly hate us.

Posted by: Sean | Nov 15, 2012 12:13:40 PM

21. The commercial wasn't what I expected. Because Tebow is associated with the Evangelical Christian Right I was expecting there to be a subtle (or not so subtle) message that Tivo will help you avoid godless filth, only get the "right" sort of programming. But it wasn't there.

It's not so surprising that TT is involved in the "pro-life" movement. From what I gather, he's been told since childhood that doctors advised his mother to abort him but she refused to. That's a HUGE guilt trip to lay on a kid and on top of that he was raised in a bubble of Evangelical Christianity. (So was Katy Perry, for that matter.)

So long as he stays away from gay issues I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, or at least not attack him.

Posted by: Caliban | Nov 15, 2012 12:24:28 PM

22. Why can't he be in a Tivo ad? He hasn't said a peep about marriage equality so why does a blog "with homosexual tendancies" focus so much attention on him and him being religious. So, he's religious. So what? If we've learned anything from being gay, it should be to default to letting people do what they want if they aren't hurting anyone.

Posted by: anon | Nov 15, 2012 12:31:27 PM

23. Anon - a refusal to condemn prejudice and bigotry and supporting registered hate groups means one is, in fact, "hurting others"

sorry sugar. that's reality.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 15, 2012 12:34:28 PM

24. It's funny how you imply that only right leaning people can be Christian's. Blinded sense of personal view, open your eyes. Be a bit more positive in life, there are all walks of life that are Christians. Tim Tebow is an excellent role model for all people, I believe this is what bother's you the most, as you attempt to pigeon hole his achivements.

Posted by: Barett | Nov 15, 2012 12:58:52 PM

25. How is being a man who actively opposes a woman's right to choose, and a man who refuses to speak out against anti-gay prejudice being a "role model", Barett?

maybe you grew up with role models who sat silent in the face of social prejudice and bigotry. mine were a wee bit more admirable.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 15, 2012 1:02:46 PM